Beyoncé - act i: RENAISSANCE

I never got into this album at all. Just not for me. We were promised a retro dance album and it…. Wasn’t that.

whew chile

08 I'm That Girl
10 Cozy
10 Alien Superstar
11 Cuff It
07 Energy
10 Break My Soul
06 Church Girl
07 Plastic off the Sofa
10 Virgo's Groove
09 Move
10 Heated
10 Thique
07 All Up In Your Mind
10 America Has a Problem
123456 Pure/Honey
10 Summer Renaissance

she's really serving absolutely zero choreo or even movement for Alien Superstar. queen of standing still.

Cuff It however is fabulous - the VOCALS! she's fucking fully live and hitting every note with very few BVs, it's insane.

i was bopping to the live perf of "Heated" last night. I forget how great of a performer she is, even with minimal choreo.

09 I'm That Girl
07 Cozy
08 Alien Superstar
08 Cuff It
10 Energy
07 Break My Soul
05 Church Girl
07 Plastic off the Sofa
07 Virgo's Groove
05 Move
06 Heated
05 Thique
06 All Up In Your Mind
04 America Has a Problem
07 Pure/Honey
06 Summer Renaissance

66 Renaissance

i've really been trying to get into it. BEYONCÉ and Lemonade are some of my favourite albums, i DO stan, but consuming this record as a whole is actually mentally draining. Ajayii's reaction (the YouTuber) is my literal reaction to the record from Church Girl onwards. it's all just so loud, tuneless and exhausting. it compiles everything i don't like from her. @funky is right. we expected disco excellence and we got a polarising mess that's only appreciated by club power bottoms like @Pipo.

she switched up the bee costume and her MOVES seem to have upgraded a bit too

as in, she is moving now. :disco:

she played Edinburgh tonight in relentless rain and fucked up on Heated

WHY do I not have a ticket for this FUCKING TOUR???!!! it looks so ESSENTIAL!!!!

AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM should be UK top 40 this week (and may be heading top 20)

#12 on US Spotify (up 11 places, new peak)
#23 on UK Spotify (up 34 places, new peak)
#43 on Global Spotify (up 32 places - greatest gainer - new peak)

Renaissance also #11 in the mids

it was already having a tiktok moment and getting the 2nd most streams after Cuff It - if she bags a third top ten from the era...

I don't think any female over 40 has done that since the 80s probably

it was already having a tiktok moment and getting the 2nd most streams after Cuff It - if she bags a third top ten from the era...

I can’t think of a single example (even in the 80s) besides Tina Turner

3 top tens from one album?

Madonna in 2005 (and she had 4)

Not sure if it can go higher since it is already dropping on Spotify but a good result nonetheless.

HEATED up 43 spots to 107 on UK spotty today :o please please please let this be a summer smash!

Radio edit can be heard here:

Was this JANCELED? I can't believe they are letting the project die already (Not that the tour isn't helping) but it would be nice to have more singles having airplay,thanks.

What a ROLE MODEL!

I wish I could muster the STRENGTH to be that judgemental, aggressive, obnoxious and crude!

God I fucking hate her. HATE. Not a word I use often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom