BURIAL

That vocal sample on 'Subtemple' is simply annoying and it's continuing to sound ever more like a total parody and the work of someone who's far too fucking stoned to realise it. WAKE UP LOVE!

:(

'Beachfires' wakes up a bit halfway through (and is the better of the two) but even so....

AAAARRRGGGGH

Yeah he hasn't released anything noteworthy for awhile now.

On top of that I still haven't received the self titled LP I ordered from Boomkat over a month ago.:(

In that case you need to HAVE A WORD!

I've popped the new Gas album on to distract myself from the disappointment :weed:

See this is why digital is better. No bullshit like this.

I'm not very familiar with Gas but that new LP with the artbook looks nice.

It's also EMBOSSED :disco:

I've just given 'Beachfires' another go and while the sleigh bells are nice - and I can't believe I'm saying this - he really needs to ditch the crackling. GETTING VERY BORING :boring:

I'm getting into bed with Abul Mogard instead

At least there were some sounds of someone showering and turning clocks to keep it FRESH.

Oh I think I quite like that! Thank you!

Again, I've popped it on the Bandcamp wishlist but this convo is not making me want to go and listen. Good to have some heads on Moopy, a nice wee filter.

Are you familiar with The Bug @Zu-Klara ?

I must say I'm impressed by the amount of great electronic music that comes from the UK. Burial, Zomby, The Bug, Clark, Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin...What's your SECRET?

If you're digging The Bug, you should give Techno Animal a shot, a pre-Bug duo with Justin Broadrick. "Re-Entry" is a blitzed out, psycho-ambient masterwork.

Thank you for the recommendation @octophone . I'm familiar with The Bug aka Kevin Martin since London Zoo. The King Midas Sound debut still gets played from time to time. The new collaboration album with Earth is great too.

Martin has an interesting history - I first heard him in a noisy mutant jazz band called God. They had 3 bass players. Martin played sax and screamed a lot. They were ace.

Are you familiar with The Bug @Zu-Klara ?

I'm not but I shall have a listen and poke around

In Burial news, real_nice_guy (guaranteed psychopath) on Reddit has articulated my issues with the dreary new single far more effectively than I ever could, mainly because my vocabulary is restricted to "fabulous" and "Estonia" since the Alzheimer's
A large part of Burial's charm isn't necessarily the music as stand alone pieces of art, but the emotions the music invokes. All of his releases up to Rival Dealer painted pictures for me in my mind and evoked emotions solely out of the music itself, not by me having to project a memory or a feeling onto the music. His tunes are like extraction devices. Very powerful, very moving, and can create something where there was once nothing. In his most recent releases, I couldn't find the song's soul, or its central essence. They felt dithering and very surface level, almost like a thin layer of smoke without much substance. I didn't feel anything when I listened to them. That to me is deeply disturbing because I know that Burial knows what his specific placement of samples etc can do to a person. So that's why I don't like the release, I don't think it has heart.

EXACTLY

I'm not but I shall have a listen and poke around

In Burial news, real_nice_guy (guaranteed psychopath) on Reddit has articulated my issues with the dreary new single far more effectively than I ever could, mainly because my vocabulary is restricted to "fabulous" and "Estonia" since the Alzheimer's

Tell me more!

I guess he's right but I genuinely haven't listened to the last 4 songs more than once or twice to make such analysis.

Experience tells me that anyone who describes themselves as "one of the good guys" or "a nice guy" online is certain to be one sick cunt who's best avoided and will probably make off with your purse and Polos given half the chance

Glowing reviews have been pouring in for THIS :side-eye::zombie:

The one saving grace is that Burial shamelessly nicks Quietman's truly wonderful 'Now And Zen' in the absence of any decent ideas of his own so let's have that :disco:

Maybe it's just a PHASE.

Zomby and Burial to unite for a full length to get something decent out of each other.

...or they could give Keiran Hebden a ring again, that's never a bad shout.

I've been trying to get a digital version of that Goldie remix but it isn't available on the usual places.

I think that our lovely Will could frankly do with getting out a bit more and finding himself some new inspiration, rather than being sat indoors playing Dark Souls 2 and getting nutted off his chebs 24/7 but then who am I to talk (although I'm more of a Crossy Road girl)?

Oh BURIAL :(:argh::disco:

I've been trying to get a digital version of that Goldie remix but it isn't available on the usual places.

Could be a vinyl only release which means your only hope might be an illegally obtained vinyl rip if it pops up somewhere.

I think that our lovely Will could frankly do with getting out a bit more and finding himself some new inspiration, rather than being sat indoors playing Dark Souls 2 and getting nutted off his chebs 24/7 but then who am I to talk (although I'm more of a Crossy Road girl)?

Oh BURIAL :(:argh::disco:

Or maybe all he needs is a new video game.

Could be a vinyl only release which means your only hope might be an illegally obtained vinyl rip if it pops up somewhere.

I think it is actually. I expect it was a way of giving it that exclusive aura of scarcity which always makes things seem exciting even if they're not

I think it is actually. I expect it was a way of giving it that exclusive aura of scarcity which always makes things seem exciting even if they're not

Which is stupid because it once again promotes illegal downloading.

Music_Front.jpg

Reactions: Zu
Maybe he needs to go back to releasing in DECEMBER. That's usually when his good stuff comes out.

Well apparently 'Rodent' is out already! (Actually it's not. Next week. I just checked on iTunes.) Get in here NOW @OutSynk!

I would say that this is MUCH MORE LIKE IT :weed:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came here to post this after seeing it on Boomkat.:D

Just listened and OMG yes! Finally something good! That bit from 2:52 onwards is LUSH. I hope this means he's coming to his senses after the last couple of lackluster releases.

Last edited:
I think someone from Hyperdub probably called him and said SORT IT THE FUCK OUT LOVE

PRAISE BE TO THE LORD! :disco:

I can't listen to this right now but I'm already preordering the noose in anticipation of the ABJECT MISERY :disco:

Ooo lovely. I might have been a bit hasty in declaring ‘Fever Ray’ to be my album of the century so far. It’s almost certainly a tie with ‘Untrue’. Actually, make that a three-way tie with ‘Mini World’ :disco:

The notion that Burial is “a spirit observing London from on high” truly is all manner of :(:disco::(

Actually, make ‘Untrue’ my NUMBER 1. Possibly of ALL TIME

Untrue really is GOD'S ABOVE. Every time I listen while out on a midnight walk of an evening I'm a little sad I never get raped and murdered to it AS BEFITS THE MOOD as WHAT BETTER ALBUM TO DIE MISERABLY TO HAS EVER BEEN RECORDED?! :disco: :( :disco: :disco: :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom