Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loneliest Tme

Talking To Yourself is the most quintessentially Carly one yet, and its the best one, but it just doesn't fuck

The bit in 'The Loneliest Time' which goes "What happened was / We reached the moon / But lost in space, I think we got there all too soon" is like CRACK to me.

The ‘I’m coming back for you baby’ bit is having a moment on tiktok.

Best ones I’ve seen are pov: Roxxxy Andrew’s mum at the bus stop and pov: me to the dishes after I’ve eaten dinner

Poor Carly's new album has been cast into the shade by Taylor Swift :(

I cherry picked from this and enjoyed Anxious and Far Away, but it's a bit wallpaper music.

Oh I properly love The Loneliest Time. The high, moon bits from the video took the longest to click bit I am there now.

Very happy with the album on a couple of listens too. Surrender My Heart is a big CRJ pop opener, but does bizarrely suddenly stop short. Joshua Tree is great too, as is Bad Thing Twice. The post-disco early eighties soft pop sheen on some of the songs is very nice.

LOVE the quietly stunning detour into Americana on Go Find Yourself or Whatever.

However, what possessed them to relegate Anxious to bonus track status I cannot begin to imagine. Inconveniently I also believe it is not the bonus track that is included on the HMV edition :evil:

Midnights is already TS' most overrated album. 5 stars in the Guardian? Fuck right off. I eagerly await the 9.2 review from Pitchfork.

Anyway...

I'm really surprised at the lack of love for this album here. Well, not really since many of you seem to underrate Emotion (aka the 17th best pop album ever).

Anyway, this is her 2nd best album. I can't get enough of it.

• Love
Reactions: LTZ
Anyway, this is her 2nd best album.
I think I agree with this. I've only listened to it twice so I don't fully know yet, but I think it could be the case.

My early favorites are Anxiety, Bad Thing Twice, Talking To Yourself, and The Loneliest Time

I note Taylor Swift also released an album. I bet it's fucking shit and everyone is raving about it.

There was a listening event for it in my local HMV. I walked out.

So it was decent enough, but the highs were few and far between, but when they arrived, I was bopping. The Rufus track was horrible.

I didn't need to cleanse myself after listening, but I didn't listen to anything again straight away.

i tried so hard to like this album about 3 times full now. none of the songs stuck to me which means they all sound the same. i loved kiss and emotion and since then i haven't liked her releases excluding cut to the feeling and i really like you.

i like carly a lot too but her career is just floating in my opinion she hasn't had anything special in a long time. this album is boring. i am also having a hard time with taylor's midnights!! which saddens me!! i hate when i really want to like a song or an album but it just doesn't happen

I’m afraid I’m Team Midnights when it comes to albums by Pop mistresses serving up the SAME OLD SHIT. :(

Surrender My Heart was recommended on Spotify and it's lovely. It has that authentic 80s synth as opposed to the cod synth that producers like to use for today's kids. It sounds like something from an 80s teen movie. Love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom