Doctor Who - 2023 and beyond (THE CHURCH ON RUBY ROAD, Christmas Day 5:55pm on BBC1!)

1696409692823.png

Obsessed with this costume

• Love
Reactions: COB
I'd somehow managed to totally miss that there's a second series of Doctor Who Redacted on BBC Sounds :disco:

It's VERY bombastic isn't it! Reminds me a bit of the TV Movie theme in places :o

I think I want to stay unspoiled until it airs but... can't be worse than the "banging your saucepans for the NHS" intro of Jodie's era surely?

I like it overall - but yes the kitchen sink has been thrown in, towards the end in particular.

I'm waiting for the opening titles. The RTD opening titles were perfect and everything since has been a dog's dinner to varying degrees.

Listening through the concert today and JESUS at the arrangement of Doomsday :disco:

I did a bit of skipping about, and listened to Ruby's theme (pretty but felt a bit safe - will undoubtedly have a few variants that are more interesting like all the companion themes) and the Fifteenth Doctor's theme which is absolutely AMAZING. It sounds like something from a Western, and you can just picture him marching in to save the day while it plays :disco:

Boio and I are up to Donna, so I guess we won't catch up in time to watch this live together heh

Had the fun with the Pompeii episode (he doesn't know about Capaldi) dropping hints like "one or two actors in this actually get recast later..." and "he'll remember this moment" at the end.

And the mind blowing trivia around The Doctor's Daughter

River Song just about to turn up and die....

We just got caught up on Mr COB's rewatch, doing The Power of the Doctor last weekend I think. He started watching Flux at the start of summer, so to say his interest waned a bit might be an understatement :eyes:

He’s a right mad cunt! Hope the BBC call his bluff and he ends up with nothing.

So they miss the anniversary by two days - not too bad, I think it's better to have it on a Saturday night.

Posters for the other two specials:

The fact we're so close and still know literally NOTHING about Wild Blue Yonder is very exciting.

So they miss the anniversary by two days - not too bad, I think it's better to have it on a Saturday night.
I bet they'll do something else on the anniversary itself. A special ep of The One Show with as many living doctors as they can muster at the VERY LEAST, but hopefully something a bit more special

Of course my hope would be a tenth anniversary edition of that live Zoe Ball binfire show they had after the 50th anniversary special :disco:

• Love
I hadn't heard about this until the other day, it's insane:

I'm not going to COMMENT IN DEPTH on this as MY LIPS ARE SEALED but this "racist" take is a CARICATURE of what the actual issue is (and has always been, he tried to pull the same thing around the 50th when Matt Smith was the Doctor). It's always been about MONEY (and admittedly CORPORATE OWNERSHIP which is a more debatable issue that I am willing to entertain with him).

If we want people to take us seriously we should debate issues with facts, not throw around RACISM accusations to silence people.

I think the situation can be both about money AND him being quite clearly and demonstrably a racist.

I think a large part of the actual grievance is because the only part of the first story that anyone likes, the first ten minutes or so of the first episode, wasn't actually written by his Dad.

Sorry for silencing (??) the racist by calling him a racist though.
What I was pointing out is that he's tried the same line about the BBC exploiting and murdering his dad who invented the TARDIS etc ten years ago, before there was a female Doctor and a black Doctor. With exactly the same language. He even told the BBC at the time he didn't really care for Doctor Who and had no plans to do anything with the IP himself, but that he just wanted the legitimate recognition to go to his estate. I know because I was there. So the take that he's asked to take down all intellectual property related to An Unearthly Child because there's a black Doctor now is bullshit.

If it makes you feel better that he happens to be a FLAG WAVING MORON, then by all means scan all his social media posts and expose him for the racist scumbag that he is. I'm sure that will make him see his terrible ways and will come round to your way of thinking because that happens all the time on social media :)

But connecting those dots together just because it forms a nice pattern to expose him as a bad guy is wrong.

Listen, I was just passing on what I'd been seeing online. I'm finding it hard not to take this personally so I'm dipping out of it.

Last edited:
What I was pointing out is that he's tried the same line about the BBC exploiting and murdering his dad who invented the TARDIS etc ten years ago, before there was a female Doctor and a black Doctor. With exactly the same language. He even told the BBC at the time he didn't really care for Doctor Who and had no plans to do anything with the IP himself, but that he just wanted the legitimate recognition to go to his estate. I know because I was there. So the take that he's asked to take down all intellectual property related to An Unearthly Child because there's a black Doctor now is bullshit.

If it makes you feel better that he happens to be a FLAG WAVING MORON, then by all means scan all his social media posts and expose him for the racist scumbag that he is. I'm sure that will make him see his terrible ways and will come round to your way of thinking because that happens all the time on social media :)

But connecting those dots together just because it forms a nice pattern to expose him as a bad guy is wrong.
What is THIS SHIT!? :manson:

The middle tweet that I linked above is drawing a clear line between a black (and queer) doctor and a drag queen villain, and his dad "oscillating at light-speed in his urn". He may have other issues, but to be clear, he is also a vile human being and has been so in the context of Doctor Who, and undoubtedly this now forms part of his resistance towards the BBC.

So it is entirely fair to connect those dots. He did so himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom