Drag Race France

@Dark Carnival what's the French drag scene like? Is there a French equivalent to Supremme Deluxe who could host?
There was a very underground mostly local and/or cabaret style of drag pre-Drag Race. But since it has boomed like everywhere else.

I’ve had this chat many times with friends, and no, there’s no Ru/Supremme equivalent, at least not one we could all agree on. Everyone keeps mentioning Jean Paul Gaultier for some reason, but yeah, not a drag queen.

Reactions: COB
Nicky Doll confirmed as host, with Daphné Bürki and Kiddy Smile as judges.

I completely forgot Nicky Doll even existed.
At least Brook Lynn was a finalist. The French girls are being judged by someone who finished 11th.

Fully here for Ru handing over the reins for Drag Race UK to Cherry Valentine when she gets fed up of it.

Yeah Nicky Doll wasn't a memorable queen, but that doesn't mean she can't be a great host. I bet she will

Yeah Nicky Doll wasn't a memorable queen, but that doesn't mean she can't be a great host. I bet she will
She can certainly serve a LEWK. Hopefully the budget will allow her to.

At least Brook Lynn was a finalist. The French girls are being judged by someone who finished 11th.
Yeah, I do think something like this really opens the doors to particularly messy queens giving a bit of LIP BACK at harsh critiques

I seem to recall Nicky being criticised for being a little bit stiff and slow in the acting/comedy challenges, which I expect was mostly down to her not being a native English speaker. She'd probably have done a lot better if she could've competed in French!

I seem to recall Nicky being criticised for being a little bit stiff and slow in the acting/comedy challenges, which I expect was mostly down to her not being a native English speaker. She'd probably have done a lot better if she could've competed in French!
Absolutely, I relate to that.

Had no idea this had been brewing. Not keen on ND as the main host, but the potential lip sync material has me salivating alone.

Nicky Doll has hosted Fashion Photo Ruview and been a guest in the Pit Stop and I remember her being rather good. I think this could work well.

Yeah Nicky seems like a decent host - it’s weird, you think drag queens would be a bit more natural in front of the camera for these web series, but now there are so many it’s easy to see some are just not cut out for it. Morgan and Mayhem on the UK vs The World thing, Shea lost her charisma on the way to Fashion Phot Ruview too.

And this thread :D what would Nicky bring to judging a drag contest, she’s only a person who has gone through said contest, Ooh some ASFM gay is there, he will clearly be indispensable 🤷🏻‍♂️

To be fair (and mainly playing devil's advocate for a second), as far as I understand Nicky has never really done drag IN FRANCE as her career has basically been entirely US-based up to this point. So there's a possibility she may have slightly less local knowledge than someone like Kiddy Smile, who seems very plugged in to French queer culture. I do think she's going to do very well though :disco:

To be fair (and mainly playing devil's advocate for a second), as far as I understand Nicky has never really done drag IN FRANCE as her career has basically been entirely US-based up to this point. So there's a possibility she may have slightly less local knowledge than someone like Kiddy Smile, who seems very plugged in to French queer culture. I do think she's going to do very well though :disco:

Yeah I get what you mean, I was trying to say that Nicky has plenty to offer, since she’s the only US Ru girl who is fluent in French so her less than amazing finishing position shouldn’t discredit her.

I’m sure the other judges were also chosen for their contributions in other ways.

(Btw of course there are French speaker from Drag Race Canada but Ru wouldn’t have met them)

I guess after the controversy with the Italia host pick (it was Italia right?) I can’t blame them for choosing in-house, as it were.

Nicky is pretty charming and funny IMO

anyway excited for this.
I think I’m going to have a phase of all these foreign drag races very soon

I hope we get JENIFER as a judge

I guess @Dark Carnival is too busy trying to faire tomber le gouvernement pour regarder but I enjoyed the first episode. It has a different energy to the US & UK seasons (the only two franchises I have watched). Calmer, but with enough sass. Even if you can tell there's not a lot of budget, they are all far less busted than the DRUK queens.

I think Soa de Muse is my favourite.

I guess @Dark Carnival is too busy trying to faire tomber le gouvernement pour regarder but I enjoyed the first episode. It has a different energy to the US & UK seasons (the only two franchises I have watched). Calmer, but with enough sass. Even if you can tell there's not a lot of budget, they are all far less busted than the DRUK queens.

I think Soa de Muse is my favourite.
I but I DID watch the episode, ma puce! :disco: It was actually quite the event, I went to a viewing party at La Folie! I must say I was positively surprised as well. I fully expected a cheap production but it wasn't the case!
And yeah, Soa du 9-3 is easily the early fave :disco:

Screenshot_20220629-155602_Facebook.jpg

Do you have COAT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom