Eastenders 2022

BUT I bet I am not the only one who didn’t know it was getting shown on BBC2 at the same time it was usually getting shown on BBC1. I say that on one hand, but I don’t think the figures differ greatly to what they do when they are on BBC1 these days. So yeah…

i-might-be-an-idiot-liz-lemon.gif
I don't think the totals are significantly different, but it may be significant that for the highest episode of the week, only just under 44% was live viewing - the rest was catch up. EastEnders usually does better on catch up than the other soaps, but that's more than it usually gets. Which may seem to suggest that a fair few people were caught out by the switch to BBC2, but most of them found it on iPlayer after.

Balvinder Sopal deserves all the awards, what a queen of life AND death :disco:
I really wish she'd been in EE in the heyday. She's just a brilliant, well portrayed character, with the highs and lows you want from a soap queen.

Her and Ben are the best things in it at the moment.

Reactions: COB
Wow I had her down as being much older :shy: She plays the mother character so well! There are little bits that she spurts out in punjabi that subtitles don't translate, she really has nailed the part@

Gosh, they’ve given Avery a bigger send-off then some long-running characters.

Totally agree that it’s in a really good place right now. I’ve noticed in the last few weeks that the relationships between the characters and the incidental dialogue and the minor plotlines have taken a huge step up.

A bit like when that producer came in who had the characters all talking about the bins, only this time, we do have proper drama playing out in the main plotlines too.

I noticed a conspicuous line the other day about whether she'd heard anything about a teaching job she'd applied for :eyes:

Well she was always a flight risk after Strictly, but they’ve hardly helped matters by giving Frankie absolutely nothing to do since she came back. Perhaps it was always understood that she’d just be seeing out her contract before moving on.

Thank fuck Rainie is back. I had a feeling she wouldn't be gone for good.

I remember Asif, but he was definitely a character who was just THERE/an accessory to Martin. Anyway, very sad news :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom