Eurovision 2022 news (Turin on the 10th-14th May)

I don’t mind there being sponsors. I DO mind the name being bigger than the words SONG CONTEST

The slogan is delightfully CAMP and nonsensical. Doesn’t the beauty of sound make more sense? What is the sound of beauty? Hot Italian slutz doing Uhhhh ayyayayay ??

I don’t get why some euro fans get all MARDY when it comes to the logo. You’re not going to improve a poor year if it’s good, “Well 2011 was SHIT, dreadful songs, dreadful hosts, dreadful winner but they had a NICE LOGO AT LEAST”

I don’t get why some euro fans get all MARDY when it comes to the logo. You’re not going to improve a poor year if it’s good, “Well 2011 was SHIT, dreadful songs, dreadful hosts, dreadful winner but they had a NICE LOGO AT LEAST”
Because after finishing last again at least you go home with a nice mug with a beautifull logo :)

Anyway horrid comments aside, there have been some slogans that did sort of sum up the experience. Share a moment, We are one, building bridges, celebrate diversity (a bit on the nose but still).

Of course other ones just felt more like slogans for that particular event, like #JoinUs :manson:, feel your heart beat, all aboard

Or just slogans from the tourist board like Light a fire

Aren't all the slogans interchangeable though? Every contest is about sharing moments, building bridges etc.

Reactions: GNL
Prissiness, social awkwardness, strange priorities, an inbuilt compulsion to whinging - where do you want to start? :basil:
Can this be instated as some kind of general Moopy slogan/mission statement

Aren't all the slogans interchangeable though? Every contest is about sharing moments, building bridges etc.

Is it a bad thing? I think they usually tie into something about the contest’s overall concépté

It’s when it doesn’t that it falls a bit flat #JoinUs

Is it a bad thing? I think they usually tie into something about the contest’s overall concépté
To me those statements contradict each other. If the slogans tie into something that differentiates that year's contest I agree they make sense (e.g. All Aboard around various aspects of Lisbon's nautical branding).

But did Kiev 2017 do any more to celebrate diversity than other years? Did Vienna 2015 have more efforts to build bridges than any other year? If not what's the point of the slogan, it may as well have come from a random vacuous positive sentiment generator.

To be fair I've only ever been to one contest, so can't comment on whether each contest genuinely felt different on the ground, but I don't think any differences really came across in the broadcasts.

As somebody who attends most years, I barely give the slogans a second thought. It's just marketing, nothing more and nothing less.

I would say that Vienna at least had something of a concept with Building Bridges. The idea was that they were one of the most central locations in Europe, so they were 'building bridges' across the continent. They included it in the visualisations during the voting sequence.

To me those statements contradict each other. If the slogans tie into something that differentiates that year's contest I agree they make sense (e.g. All Aboard around various aspects of Lisbon's nautical branding).

But did Kiev 2017 do any more to celebrate diversity than other years? Did Vienna 2015 have more efforts to build bridges than any other year? If not what's the point of the slogan, it may as well have come from a random vacuous positive sentiment generator.

To be fair I've only ever been to one contest, so can't comment on whether each contest genuinely felt different on the ground, but I don't think any differences really came across in the broadcasts.

Well they do contradict each other, but I mean that it’s good when they tie in, but it’s not actively bad if they don’t.

Wondering why people were demanding the slogans a few days ago, and now it’s annnounced, suddenly it’s “slogans are shit I always hate them”

Just relax guys

Well they do contradict each other, but I mean that it’s good when they tie in, but it’s not actively bad if they don’t.

Wondering why people were demanding the slogans a few days ago, and now it’s annnounced, suddenly it’s “slogans are shit I always hate them”

Just relax guys
I've never demanded a Eurovision slogan in my life :P

I just want Armenia and Azerbaijan to be in separate semi finals. I think it’s only happened once.

The first and the second Alf

miami vice ok GIF

Semi One

First Half

Albania
Bulgaria
Latvia
Lithuania
Moldova
Netherlands
Slovenia
Switzerland
Ukraine

Second Half
Armenia
Austria
Croatia
Denmark
Greece
Iceland
Norway
Portugal
Russia

Semi Two

First Half

Australia
Azerbaijan
Cyprus
Finland
Georgia
Israel
Malta
San Marino
Serbia

Second Half
Belgium
Czech Republic
Estonia
Ireland
Montenegro
North Macedonia
Poland
Romania
Sweden

Quite a nice balance on paper.

Winners
Montenegro - a near-guaranteed 24 points from Serbia, and likely a high score from North Macedonia. With a second half draw, they're well positioned for their first finals place since 2015 if their song has any appeal whatsoever beyond those borders.

North Macedonia and Serbia - Same. These are reliable voting neighbours. North Macedonia have a good slot in a fairly soft second half, while Serbia can rely on Montenegro for a full brace of points or close enough.

Denmark/Iceland/Norway - the nordic bloc united in the second half of Semi One should be good news for all of them.

Poland and Romania - In terms of statistically likely qualifiers, the second half of Semi Two only really has Sweden more or less nailed on. If their usual diaspora turns out, these two could be well positioned to break their NQ streaks.

Armenia - Separated from their old enemy Azerbaijan, drawn in the second half and likely to be showered in points by Russia and Ukraine.

Estonia - Finland will vote for them, and if they send Anna Sahlene so will Sweden. Another comfortable second half draw.

Losers

Slovenia - Looking lonely with most of their neighbours in the other semi, plus stuck in the first half.

Azerbaijan - They'll probably be fine, but most of their allies are in the other semi. On the other hand, so is their sworn enemy.

Malta & San Marino - two countries that struggle on the televote, without close neighbour Italy on the vote tally for this semi (though it's debatable how reliable a voting friend Italy is to either). Stuck in the first half alongside some potentially flashy competition, these two could be in danger of being overshadowed.

So Albania are opening the contest with Bulgaria next in line in the death slot, I guess.

It's alphabetical.
Yes I’m well aware of that..

My point was an ethno stomper opening the contest with chanceless dirge shoved into second.. I am aware how the draw works love :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom