Eurovision 2023 News

Are you going?

• Total voters
Speaking of my beautiful home city, I resent the ERASURE in the poll considering we've apparently put in one of the strongest bids!

Leeds would be great! It’s a really nice arena, centrally located, with plenty of good hotels and a decent night life.

Edit: and I can stay at my mum’s

I’ve just seen someone suggest that the host city should be temporarily annexed by Ukraine for the duration of the contest! :basil:

(They did genuinely seem serious about it too :D)

Wouldn't that just give Russia diplomatic immunity to nuke Glasgow/Manchester/London/Leeds/Jaywick? :(

Already had TWO straight people message me in a "will you get tickets for us?" way.

It's going to be a fucking nightmare to get any, isn't it?
When it first came up, a friend of mine who is pretty into it was messaged by her casual pals asking tips for getting tickets and she literally said something along the lines “If I knew, I wouldn’t tell you!” :D

Can't believe how quickly the UK is embracing Eurovision off the back of this, I just heard "She Got Me" playing in Westfield
At White City? When I lived that way during covid, I used to take a morning walk through the (deserted) Westfield and the Mamas' 'Move' was always playing

Leader of Manchester Council making the right noises:

(I thought the Manchester Area was in Salford, but it’s just in Manchester proper).

William Hill odds

5/6 Glasgow
6/4 Manchester
5/1 London
13/2 Birmingham
14/1 Liverpool
18/1 Cardiff
20/1 Aberdeen, Belfast
22/1 Leeds, Newcastle
25/1 Sheffield
40/1 Brighton, Edinburgh, Nottingham
50/1 Bristol, Leicester

I don’t understand why, but you can get odds of 8.00 on Betway for Manchester.

And as day follows night, Cheryl Baker doing the rounds this morning. Can’t they find anybody else?

And as day follows night, Cheryl Baker doing the rounds this morning. Can’t they find anybody else?
I watched and interview she did yesterday and she was just SO WRONG about everything

“Sam Ryder should do it again next year and I think he will!”

“It has to be as Ukrainian as possible, I can tell that it will because there’s a Ukrainian flag outside my window”

“I think it’ll go back to Ukraine in 2024 regardless of who wins”

:TurtleTime::TurtleTime::TurtleTime:

Also when will people realise there’s no ‘THE’ to Ukraine?!

William Hill odds

5/6 Glasgow
6/4 Manchester
5/1 London
13/2 Birmingham
14/1 Liverpool
18/1 Cardiff
20/1 Aberdeen, Belfast
22/1 Leeds, Newcastle
25/1 Sheffield
40/1 Brighton, Edinburgh, Nottingham
50/1 Bristol, Leicester

Edinburgh doesn’t even have a music venue above a 2000 capacity unless it would be held at the Royal Highland Centre. Which is dire for concerts and a nighmare to travel to.

Exiciting times! I suspect it will come down to Glasgow and Manchester with the former probably clinching it, although BF has family in Manchester so that would be my personal preference for accomodation reasons. :angel:

I do go back and forth between whether the UK will go...

A. Back to the BBC putting in fck all effort with the act/song out of fear of not wanting to host it again anytime soon(cost etc) or

B. BBC not wanting to embarrass the UK/themselves on home soil and therefore keeping up the momentum from Sam.

I hope it's the latter but time will tell!

Reactions: COB
I'm sure people will be glad of the "Ukrainian elements" that will be featured in the show and I'm glad that they've got UA:PBC on board to take care of those, but I can't wait for the inevitable clashes between the two broadcasters when it comes to how much is actually going to be shoehorned in.
I’m not sure how I feel about anything other than a mainly Ukrainian show with a few nods and thank yous to the UK. It’s not like Ukraine don’t want to host, and it somewhat undermines the good deed the UK are doing if they just make it all about themselves.

I’m not sure how I feel about anything other than a mainly Ukrainian show with a few nods and thank yous to the UK. It’s not like Ukraine don’t want to host, and it somewhat undermines the good deed the UK are doing if they just make it all about themselves.
Well the good thing is you have plenty of time to figure out how you’ll feel.

Birmingham is now the favourite with a couple of bookies.

thorgy-thorgythor.gif

Birmingham is now the favourite with a couple of bookies.
That’s ODD :o

Maybe on the back of the Commonwealth Games? Which is surely one of the biggest reasons why it probably WON‘T be there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom