Facebook is broken

I was just wondering what happened to the algorithm because my feed is all weird things posted to artists I follow (and I wonder why I even follow artists?).

I was wondering why I was getting all sorts of irrelevant fan posts to Beyonce's and Rihanna's pages

well, I've unfollowed them now

I really barely use it anymore, it's just a convenient place to keep pictures really.

I only use it to know what's going on around the city. none of the other platforms are geared to handle event sharing like Facebook does

the rest is just ads or notifications of my grandmother setting a new highscore in Farmville

I never go onto FB anymore, it became such a toxic place and I hate the idea that we're all just puppets in Miss Zuckerberg's little scheme. I'd love to be able to just ignore social media completely tbh

My feed is just people on the village group moaning about everything and middle aged relatives sharing shit quotes.

I only use it to add photos to an album for storage really and to occasionally click likes on friends’ posts to show I’m paying attention.

Sometimes when Facebook shares a memory of a post from ten years ago I cringe at the absolute shite I (and others) were posting.

Last edited:
Perhaps skewed by the age of my friendship group, but isn't it largely 40s and up now who use it mainly? None of my nieces or nephews use it (and the younger ones never did) apart from one who I think only posts photos because it's linked to her Instagram. She certainly never responds to any Facebook comments on them.

I'd say about two thirds of my feed is community groups or organisations I follow now.

Perhaps skewed by the age of my friendship group, but isn't it largely 40s and up now who use it mainly? None of my nieces or nephews use it (and the younger ones never did) apart from one who I think only posts photos because it's linked to her Instagram. She certainly never responds to any Facebook comments on them.

I'd say about two thirds of my feed is community groups or organisations I follow now.
I’d say more like 60s and up.

Haven’t used Facebook in years. I still get the notifications on email. It’s useful for remembering people’s birthdays

I have found however that some people forget you exist when you stop posting on social media, which is really fucking sad

I have tons of notifications from Facebook but I just ignore them.🤷‍♂️

The only thing I use it for is events.

Who said that? :(
giphy.gif

Yes

"With roughly 2.93 billion monthly active users as of the second quarter of 2022, Facebook is the most used online social network worldwide."

Define “active user”. Lots of people link it up to their Instagram account and it automatically duplicates the post.

Reactions: LTZ
Define “active user”. Lots of people link it up to their Instagram account and it automatically duplicates the post.
"Facebook measures monthly active users as users that have logged in during the past 30 days. Figures do not include Instagram or WhatsApp users unless they would otherwise qualify as such users, respectively, based on their other activities on Facebook."

Not exactly CLEAR

I literally open facebook to see if any groups I'm in for collecting have notifications and I guess messenger which is sort of separate so I basically avoid it all.

Instagram is probably more than half suggestions and sponsored posts. It's preposterous.

Nowadays I only use it for our house/building group and for events. I have even stopped wishing people a happy birthday. :o :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom