Foxes - Sister Ray + The Kick (album 3)

Jark

gave ur love away
she's back! again!

a67f8a8eb10911d1692fe854bdfca4c1.jpg

first single from album 3 (for real this time) coming next Wednesday. not sure what to expect based on the title but that artwork is quite a toot.

I think she’s really good too but a lot of her stuff is in “grower” territory. Looking forward to this and hope she tours it, she’s been great live any time I’ve seen her.

FetchFugly

closing in again
I didn't really get into the EP from earlier this year but hopefully she was keeping the prime material back.

Devil

I Need A House
I’ve always had a minor interest, and I love Friends I’m The Corner, Let It Go For Tonight and oddly, Kathleen. Is there any other areas I should delve into that might be up my alley?

straightorbroken

rebel heart
Having been forced to put the radio on in my car this morning, I managed to hear 2 new probably not new songs: 1 by Foxes and Zedd, and another about remembering by David Guetta.

Anyway, it gave me hope that maybe she's not that bad after all. It's just that Youth was just such an ultimate that nothing has ever came close (by anyone really).

Jark

gave ur love away
I’ve always had a minor interest, and I love Friends I’m The Corner, Let It Go For Tonight and oddly, Kathleen. Is there any other areas I should delve into that might be up my alley?
the second album was not quite as good as the first but had some great highs

Body Talk (amazing), Cruel, Amazing, If You Leave Me Now, Lose My Cool

from the debut, Youth and White Coats are BRILLIANCE

funky

User
Looking forward to this! That clips suggests more of the same, which I embrace, as long as it’s not diminishing returns.

Alex

When it all falls down, gotta build it better
Oh yes I DO like this

funky

User
That’s very Laura Mvula

I like it the way I liked the last one, but nothing is screaming BOP at me yet.

Jark

gave ur love away
I think it's more Charli tbh. I wasn't sure at first but by the second verse it was already growing. not as undeniable as the good sister RAY though.

FetchFugly

closing in again
This is good but definitely not up with Sister Ray. Also Dance>Dance Magic, but it is better than everything else on the EP.

FetchFugly

closing in again
Oh I really like Sky Love on first listen. Better than Dance Magic for me.

Also the Friends in the Corner EP being included on the deluxe CD is a value package.

funky

User
She's doing exactly what she should be doing, so why is all the new stuff leaving me cold?

Devil

I Need A House
Yeah same. We have quite different tastes Funks, so unlikely to Stan over the same songs often, but all the latest ones feel like they should be great but never really get there for me.

Sister Ray has great music but I just don’t find the lyrics or hooks are there :(

Pipo

Welcome to Chromatica (Wigs not allowed)
Absolute is a GIGANTIC BOP

Go OFF Foxua Lipa, releasing her best music to the tens of internet gays who still care.

FetchFugly

closing in again
There is something missing with Absolute for me, it doesn't quite hit the mark. Still looking forward to seeing what else she has on the album.

1. Sister Ray

2. Sky Love

3. Dance Magic
4. Absolute

RJN

Way fun!
the second album was not quite as good as the first but had some great highs

Body Talk (amazing), Cruel, Amazing, If You Leave Me Now, Lose My Cool

from the debut, Youth and White Coats are BRILLIANCE
I never listened to the second album beyond Body Talk, so I'm listening to these 5. If You Leave Me Now is gorgeous

White Coats remains one of the my favorite songs period

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom