GB News and Talk TV 🤬

I feel like Ar Di would've been officially branded a WOKE BITCH and be getting the Meghan treatment x10000 by these types if she'd lived.
Totally. She was touching AIDs patients in the 80s. Can you imagine how that went down then?!

Apparently between 1pm and 1:30pm on Wednesday there were ZERO VIEWERS! (BBC had ~60,000 and Sky had 50,000 at the same time) :D:D:D

Apparently there was briefly no measurable audience again at 5pm :D

I feel like Ar Di would've been officially branded a WOKE BITCH and be getting the Meghan treatment x10000 by these types if she'd lived.
They basically were whilst she was alive anyway. They just immediately forgot about it after they'd killed her.

Totally. She was touching AIDs patients in the 80s. Can you imagine how that went down then?!

The revisionism surrounding the media's treatment of Diana is one of the most unedifying sights of my lifetime and the myth of her being regarded as an unofficial saint is long overdue for debunking.

I imagine it's also a lot more satisfying for their audience to still be HATEWATCHING the BBC's news output.
I can't imagine many Twitter people care about GB News (aside from the LOONY LEFT laughing at it), but we all know the UK's far right absolutely ADORE a mass-BBC pile on.

This is it: if you know exactly what they'll be saying/doing, why bother? These are people who get their balls in a knot over some dancing, they *want* to be offended/appalled/disgusted. They've already got the papers to tell them they're in the right.

Cant imagine any remaining advertisers will keep paying to advertise on a station with a statistically unmeasurably small audience.

or maybe that makes it easier to target people.

“Are you looking for cheaper car insurance, George Derbyshire from East Sussex?”

Still AGOG that there’s right-wing arseholes on Twitter defending it. Like WHY are you defending it? You‘re not watching it and neither is ANYONE ELSE in the WORLD!

The Guardian seems quite persistent in that the ratings are shit because a boycott is underway because of the on-air kneeing but really I imagine it’s more to do with no one giving a shit.

Ratings have been compared to Sky and BBC but what’s about the likes of RT Today? Are they not equally shit?

This point has probably already been made, but surely part of the problem is that they saw a potential market in the frothing loons on Twitter, which does look like a potentially lucrative demographic to milk. The problem is that unlike someone like Alex Jones with his online-only platform, they went for a TV station which is always going to be subject to regulation in terms of what can be said (ie they can't really do actual hate speech). So the people they want to capture as an audience will never fully buy into it, as they'll never be able to go extreme enough to give them what they're actually looking for.

That ties into the point about their potential audience probably preferring to HATE WATCH the BBC, I suppose :D

A bit more context on the director of programming quitting:

More 'culture war' stuff - imagine how tired we are, etc.

The Guardian seems quite persistent in that the ratings are shit because a boycott is underway because of the on-air kneeing but really I imagine it’s more to do with no one giving a shit.
The problem is that they had so few viewers that it was only specifically hard-right loons tuning in, so once THEY had a reason to boycott it...

This point has probably already been made, but surely part of the problem is that they saw a potential market in the frothing loons on Twitter, which does look like a potentially lucrative demographic to milk. The problem is that unlike someone like Alex Jones with his online-only platform, they went for a TV station which is always going to be subject to regulation in terms of what can be said (ie they can't really do actual hate speech). So the people they want to capture as an audience will never fully buy into it, as they'll never be able to go extreme enough to give them what they're actually looking for.
Also, fundamentally their social media game is just utter dogshit. Everything about this screams of a lack of actual market research beforehand.

Nigel Farage has announced he's signed up to do a Mon-Thurs prime time show starting on 19th July. GB News really are going for the culture wars/far-right audience.

I wonder what some of the more reasoned journalists who jumped ship to join GB News are thinking now. It's a STAIN on the CV that's for sure.

Ooh, Nigel Farage, the man who was so keen for Brexit to happen he fucked off to America to start a new life as soon as the referendum had finished. Let's take a look at his best bits:
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F5099c909-2c06-3fa3-9135-a32ce8c541a3.jpg

Ooh, Nigel Farage, the man who was so keen for Brexit to happen he fucked off to America to start a new life as soon as the referendum had finished. Let's take a look at his best bits:
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F5099c909-2c06-3fa3-9135-a32ce8c541a3.jpg

This is a sliding doors moment. If he'd been killed, would we be where we are now?

I think Tom Harwood would have been called up to the role of Grand Shitwizard instead.

On this occasion, yes but I mean overall. Harwood is like the Darren Grimes you would kick in the balls rather than slap repeatedly with a spiky glove filled with rat shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom