Ireland 2022: Brooke - That’s Rich

Who should Ireland send?

• Brendan Murray - Real Love

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
PATRICK UP! :disco:

I especially love that he sounds Irish as @VoR mentioned :ireland:

I'm ignoring the little Isaiah-esque squeak towards the end and getting behind him 💯

And this is why Patrick is going to win… the “euphoric feel that can sometimes capture a Eurovision audience.”

It’s the trap we fell into with Michael Rice… the kind of song we’ve been conditioned by X Factor to picture with confetti falling at the end of it.

One for the YOUNG'UNS

Next step: Going viral on the TickTock.
I think I read it more with a bit of patronising side-eye and a slight reluctance to say it actually IS a modern pop song. :D

And this is why Patrick is going to win… the “euphoric feel that can sometimes capture a Eurovision audience.”

It’s the trap we fell into with Michael Rice… the kind of song we’ve been conditioned by X Factor to picture with confetti falling at the end of it.
To be fair, while I like it, I did say there was nothing there all that competitive and yes pretty much exactly for this reason.

I think I read it more with a bit of patronising side-eye and a slight reluctance to say it actually IS a modern pop song. :D
Side eye? MOI? I don't really KNOW what a modern pop song is these days. It's the sort of thing I can imagine old Irish codgers (and erm, me) thinking is one though.

I mean, I know that I’m being critical of the Patrick song but we are where we are with the 6 and it is probably the best shot at the final for Ireland (in a 5th with the juries, 14th with the public kind of way) so yeah Patrick up! :ireland:

• Love
Reactions: dUb
I don't think it's all that similar to Michael Rice. Bigger Than Us was pure X Factor Winner's single.

I don't think it's all that similar to Michael Rice. Bigger Than Us was pure X Factor Winner's single.
I don’t think it’s similar musically but I think it has about as much potential with ESC voters but will storm the national final for similar reasons.

Anyway I like @dUb and want him to vote in my ABBA rate so I’m going to be relentlessly positive about this selection from now on, even if it means not directly referring to any of the songs. :disco:

• Haha
Patrick would get about 20-30 points max from the jury (because they’ll inevitably be a better version of the same type of song in the semi) and NUL from the public (unless the UK throw him a few scraps).

DON’T DO IT IRELAND

There IS a little warning bell going off in my head when I go to pick Patrick in the poll vis-à-vis how it might fare in the contest, much as I like it

I think I'm gonna have to go with BROOKE!

They interviewed the Irish HoD, who seemed quite resistant to sending anything too Irish.

"It's an international pop contest, we need something that'd be played on the radio all over Europe"
:D! :D! :D!

That’s Rich could easily be though x

Out of this lot, I think Janet Grogan probably stands the best chance at the contest itself, in a jury fave but tepid televote kind of way. Could get something respectable midtable if it manages to corner the market (although I wouldn't be altogether confident of it doing that!)

• Love
1. Rachel
2. Janet
3. Brooke

Like I get that Brooke is the most modern, but something about the chorus just isn't there for me.

I don't get the fuss about Patrick. If they choose him I think it could go down as my least favourite Irish entry since the early 00's

1AD8E5B5-123C-4158-8381-6E50E9D3768E.png

Has everyone jumped ship from the ASFMBanger we all pissed our knickers over last Monday? :(
Not here! But while I'm thrilled that song has enriched my life, I'm not getting my hopes up for it progressing.

Mildly agog to see Janet as the favourite to win this!

Definitely will be sticking a tenner on Patrick, those are decent odds for a surefire bet as far as I'm concerned.

I’m tempted but the last time I bet was for Adrenalina to WIN and El Diablo to finish TOP FOUR :basil:

Janet death slot and Brooke pimp slot! My confidence in a Patrick landslide wavering! It’s the hottest ticket in town

Surely it doesn’t matter that much with just six contestants?

we’re just trying to have a good time Soldi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom