Jesy QUITS Little Mix

I think it's becoming very clear there was just some drama with the other girls and she'd had enough. asking to have her vocals removed from the album makes that pretty unambiguous I'd say!

Tbh she's probably the last one I'd be interested in a solo album from but more power to her, and she'll never have to perform BLACK MAGIC again :disco:

I think it's becoming very clear there was just some drama with the other girls and she'd had enough. asking to have her vocals removed from the album makes that pretty unambiguous I'd say!
Yeah there’s definitely something going on

sad really as they always seemed the like the tightest band and authentically close to one another.

I’m inclined to believe it’s her though sadly as she seems to still be working through some demons. She wanted to take time off for her mental health but she’s working on solo material after 2 months?

But who knows. Good luck to her.

I think it's since been denied that they are removing her vocals from the album

Maybe recording helps her mental health issues. It's not like you can't make an album of bops when you're having problems. Look at Chromatica.

Jesy's first interview since leaving... I think it's incredibly telling that when asked what the best thing about being in the group was, she doesn't say anything about their friendships or bonds, especially when that seemed to be their whole thing? Something went DOWN.

Jesy's first interview since leaving... I think it's incredibly telling that when asked what the best thing about being in the group was, she doesn't say anything about their friendships or bonds, especially when that seemed to be their whole thing? Something went DOWN.
Well clearly the whole friendship thing was fabricated/overexaggerated from the start, no?

"Life is far too short to be around people that bring you down and don't make you happy"

o_O O_o o.O O.o

While Jesy didn’t want to comment on her current relationship with the girls, she opened up about what it was really like being compared to them for nearly 10 years of her life...

o_O O_o o.O O.o

it's clear something went down (and for some reason I'm convinced Perrie is the villain of everything) but that doesn't mean their friendship was fabricated from the start. I think things just soured at some point in the last couple of years which paired with Jesy's ongoing mental health struggles probably didn't make life EASY or much FUN.

she does call them "my 3 girls" elsewhere in the piece. probably she just needs space and time to think fondly of the group experience again.

FELICITY: Why was it important for your mental health to leave the band?

JESY: The last music video we did [Sweet Melody] was the breaking point. We’d been in lockdown, and [that had been] the first time I could have a break and be at home around people that I love. It was the happiest I’d ever felt, and I didn’t realise that until I went back to work. I immediately became a different person. I had anxiety. Whenever we had a music video, I put an enormous amount of pressure on myself to try and lose weight. I have a fear of looking back on the camera. If I don’t like what I see, I find it so hard to be in front of the camera and feel amazing and perform.

I’d been in lockdown, and I’d put on a bit of weight but I didn’t care.And [then] they said, "You’ve got a music video in a couple of weeks," and I just panicked. I went on this extreme diet, with bloody shakes, and tried to eat as little as possible. On the day of the Sweet Melody video I had a panic attack on set because I didn’t look how I wanted to look and I found it so hard to just be happy and enjoy myself. I looked at the other three and they were having the time of their life.

I get so jealous, because I want to feel like that and enjoy it, because music is my passion. To have this dream and not be enjoying it because of what I look like, I knew wasn’t normal.

There’s a scene in Sweet Melody I’m not in, because that’s when I had a panic attack and broke down. I was like,"I just want to go home." I was sobbing in the dressing room. Someone really close to me said, "This has got to stop. You can’t keep doing this to yourself. You’re going to end up where you were before."

For me, that was the pinnacle point. I was like, "I need to start taking care of myself now, because this isn’t healthy." It wasn’t nice for the other three to be around someone who didn’t want to be there. So I took a break. I went through a really dark time after the music video. My mum said, "This has got to stop now. I have seen you suffer too much. This has been 10 years of your life."

I did think it was odd she wasn't included in the bit where they morphed into one another :(

The other three clearly do get along very well. It's not uncommon for there to be a personality that doesn't mesh quite as well. I don't know that it means anybody is necessarily to blame.

Nicola, Cheryl and Kimberley were always far tighter from Girls Aloud compared to Nadine and Sarah. The Spice Girls have all sorts of weird and wonderful dynamics, but Mel C and Emma / Mel B and Geri seem to have had the closest bonds...

I'm going to SPECULATE WILDLY that the other three not refusing to do the morphing scene in that video is allegedly what fucked things up between them all (may be fanfic)

Detective GIF by memecandy

Yeah, sometimes group and work dynamics just are the way they are because personalities are clicking or due to external factors.

Sure, there is the very real possibility of the other three doing their part / not doing enough to make her feel more at ease in the group. But reading this, it feels like Jesy has been suffering from massive imposter syndrome from the outset and throughout - and that is tough to deal with as long as you remain in that environment, no matter how much other people might try to include you.

This isn’t me trying to come in with a JILL TRYELL esque exclusive but a friend of mine is really good friends with Jade. They really do all get along and always have.

Apparently tensions first got bad on the Bounce Back set and were never the same. Because of Jessie’s mental health problems/her media reaction in the beginning…from the start of being in the band the other three girls had anxiety/felt they couldn’t truly celebrate successes etc because they knew deep down Jessie was really not well throughout a lot of the bands time. This got worse as time went by but was always there from the beginning.

I guess it’s a bit like when you try and help a friend with depression. You want to try and do everything you can but sometimes there becomes a point when you can’t do anything for them and they got to help themselves. That’s the gist I got from a convo with said friend anyway!

Last edited:
Yeah, sometimes group and work dynamics just are the way they are because personalities are clicking or due to external factors.

Sure, there is the very real possibility of the other three doing their part / not doing enough to make her feel more at ease in the group. But reading this, it feels like Jesy has been suffering from massive imposter syndrome from the outset and throughout - and that is tough to deal with as long as you remain in that environment, no matter how much other people might try to include you.

This is much better English/a way of saying what I was trying to say :D

This isn’t me trying to come in with a JILL TRYELL esque exclusive but a friend of mine is really good friends with Jade. They really do all do get along and always have.

Apparently tensions first got bad on the Bounce Back set and we’re never the same. Because of Jessie’s mental health problems/her media reaction in the beginning…from the start of being in the band the other three girls had anxiety/felt they couldn’t truly celebrate successes etc because they knew deep down Jessie was really not well throughout a lot of the bands time. This got worse as time went by but was always there from the beginning.

I guess it’s a bit like when you try and help a friend with depression. You want to try and do everything you can but sometimes there becomes a point when you can’t do anything for them and they got to help themselves. That’s the gist I got from a convo with said friend anyway!
This rings very true for me. They just seem incredibly tight, even with Jesy.

I only watched one episode of their tv show but the auditions bit... I don’t think you can fake that.

Maybe the 3 became tighter the more Jesy withdrew but it’s definitely not an Evil Bennett’s vs Kellè situation by any stretch from any evidence I’ve seen.

This isn’t me trying to come in with a JILL TRYELL esque exclusive but a friend of mine is really good friends with Jade. They really do all do get along and always have.

Apparently tensions first got bad on the Bounce Back set and were never the same. Because of Jessie’s mental health problems/her media reaction in the beginning…from the start of being in the band the other three girls had anxiety/felt they couldn’t truly celebrate successes etc because they knew deep down Jessie was really not well throughout a lot of the bands time. This got worse as time went by but was always there from the beginning.

Yes, I would have thought they all got along and don’t feel it was faked at all. I know the girls hating on girls narrative is a lot more juicy, but a lot of the time if not most of the time it is just not the case.

Jade has a bar in a coastal town in the North East. Perrie and Jessie went to its opening night and apparently were amazing with everyone and completely off their tits together. I think the biggest level of beef is they all think Leigh Anne’s a bit full of herself but I think they openly say that :D

I think your spot on about the girl hating girl narrative @Rita

Yes, I would have thought they all got along and don’t feel it was faked at all. I know the girls hating on girls narrative is a lot more juicy, but a lot of the time if not most of the time it is just not the case.

yeah I haven’t liked that part of this thread, it’s not Real Housewives, I don’t want these girls to hate each other. This is not just a Moopy thing of course, I have never understood the thirst for stuff about behind the scenes hate. *flop gay*

I live for girl group drama and I'm not ashamed

Fave drama:

1. Real life drama that doesn't involve me directly
2. Moopy drama
3. Girl group drama
4. YouTuber/MUA drama
5. Drag drama

1000. Real life drama that involves me directly

The difference is that I would love to witness the breakup of the spice girls and little mix. Being in the room with the Supremes, All Saints, or the Sugababes would cause too much anxiety

I’m very much of the opinion that these girls all did, for a long time, really love each other. That authenticity was part of their success early on. Also Jesy was not the outlier of the group internally - her and Perrie were very close. It must be a As Time Went On thing as her anxiety became such a burden that it alienated her from things and she naturally started to feel left behind. So the decision to leave wasn’t considered as destructive as it would have been years ago when she was more invested in the group.

my bigger concern is the future, because no band lasts more than an album after one person leaves. No matter what the intentions at the time it ends up never being the same for whatever reason. Little Mix always seemed like a group that were better together. You wonder how much they might like the idea of solo projects now one of them has taken a leap.

Leigh-Ann is now pregnant anyway, so maybe a short break and come back next year is the best solution right now

They're still getting big hits, 10 years on. They really have broken that girl band/ manufactured act glass ceiling. They really shouldn't be having hits still.

As much as it's a shame that Jesy suffered from such crippling insecurity, I can imagine it did wear thin on the other girls who simply didn't feel the same thing. This can quite understandably create resentment on both sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom