Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

He really is SAVING MUSIC! (don't actually know if it needed saving but HE'S STILL DOING IT)

Like honestly, it's a blessing to witness a moment in pop culture that you know the children - RIGHTLY! - will be getting nostalgic over in 15-20 years time saying nobody does it like they did in 2021 anymore

the song is just not as exciting as the hype around it sadly. it's perfectly nice and packs a couple of moments, but...

at least we have that 2:50 "extended" (lol) version which does add something.

Reactions: GNL
hqdefault.jpg

He literally had one of the biggest hits there ever has and ever will be with his debut song BECAUSE of TikTok for fuck's sake! :D

So what? Still could have waited a few months before doing something like this, particularly since he probably has a whole suite of slow-drip remixes and features of this to come so it's not like the song is GOING anywhere soon.

Oh! No I don't care about who the party's FOR :D I will confess to being a bit ignorant re vaccine rollout in the US though - I can't imagine they've got to folk in their twenties yet though, surely.

It's the "no social media" posters that does it for me. It means they know full well that they're blatantly breaking the rules and are doing it anyway.

And yes, celebrities with huge followings SHOULD be held to a higher standard than the layman - everyone has now seen that and there will be copycats. It's irresponsible.

Why does the "covid policing" need to stop at THIS point? Why not a few months down the line when the vaccine rollout is even further along and more populations are closer to having herd immunity? I don't know which state this party took place in, but (for example) California only has 17% of their population fully vaccinated at the moment.

everyone has now seen that and there will be copycats. It's irresponsible.
This is a good point, and unlike celebrities a lot of those people are going to be subject to actual covid policing, from the police.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom