Louise - Super Magic

I can imagine Jonbers Blonde in that outfit.

Well despite what all you NARROW MINDED PEOPLE think, I genuinely loved Heavy Love and still go back to it regularly. Easily her strongest, most consistent album for me.

08 Stretch
09 Lead Me On
08 Breaking Back Together
07 Not The Same
08 Small Talk
09 Hurt
06 Hammer
07 Just a Minute
06 Wonder Woman
07 Hands on the Sink
06 Give You Up
08 Straight to my Heart
07 Villain
07 Settle for Nothing
09 Wrong

Oh I hope she doesn’t come on here and find me bitching about Elbow Beach :shy:

To be fair, Heavy Love was a decent crack of the whip. ‘Hurt’ is a great song.

So many questions. Will this short notice shock release harm her chances of a #1 debut? Will she be audible on her own chorus?

To give her, her dues, live she was much better than I expected, and whilst no Adele she can actually sing perfectly fine for a pop star.

I saw her live at Brighton Pride and literally heard nothing come from the stage. Just silence in the hot summer air.
giphy.gif

To be fair she definitely had some ropey performances when she first came back - she hadn’t performed live in almost 20 years after all! It was very apparent that she needed some time to build her confidence back up.

She’s never going to be Beyonce, obviously, but she’s been a lot more comfortable onstage the last couple of times I’ve seen her.

Some people seem to have heard it already

From Popjustice:

"YESSSS DISCO BANGER. Co-written by Shura! This is 'new Dua Lipa lead' good."

"Very 80’s / Janet / Prince."

"Absolute Banger!!!"

Also, according an interview in the Sunday Express magazine, the plan is to release a Greatest Hits with 5 new songs and reincarnations of the classic singles, including Eternal singles.

Shura's involvement is EXCITING

I wonder if this is something she worked on with Melanie C that didn't make her album or went to Louise instead

Her A&R has been consistently excellent since she came back. The benefits of leaning into your gay fanbase :disco:

Kinda wish she was going for a whole new album, but whatever funds her to keep working is fine by me.

Her original (GOLD CERTIFIED!) Greatest Hits from 2002 already featured Stay, Just a Step from Heaven and Oh Baby I, despite the fact that her vocals are INAUDIBLE on all of those songs :D

She does often perform Just a Step in her solo gigs though, to be fair.

Her original (GOLD CERTIFIED!) Greatest Hits from 2002 already featured Stay, Just a Step from Heaven and Oh Baby I, despite the fact that her vocals are INAUDIBLE on all of those songs :D

She does often perform Just a Step in her solo gigs though, to be fair.
Yes, it was quite a dubious inclusion the first time around :D

Perhaps we are getting ‘Power of a Woman - Lil Lou’s Version’

• Haha
Reactions: VoR
Steve Anderson is working with her isn't he? She is rather wet as a popstar but good for her anyhow - she seems nice enough.

It’s a bit cheeky to be doing the Eternal tracks again. I’m only interested in hearing Easther doing leads on them again.

It’s a bit cheeky to be doing the Eternal tracks again. I’m only interested in hearing Easther doing leads on them again.

To be fair it’s an interesting idea, and in a world now where artists are creating an open space to re-record their tracks for their own control and revenue. You could argue that Louise’s links to the recordings of Eternal tracks are tenuous, but it creates another element to her discography, and is something that could be done to even greater effect in different cases - Roisin Murphy doing reworks of all the Moloko tracks, or Annie Lennox doing Eurythmics.

To be fair it’s an interesting idea, and in a world now where artists are creating an open space to re-record their tracks for their own control and revenue. You could argue that Louise’s links to the recordings of Eternal tracks are tenuous, but it creates another element to her discography, and is something that could be done to even greater effect in different cases - Roisin Murphy doing reworks of all the Moloko tracks, or Annie Lennox doing Eurythmics.
And also that way they won’t be able to edit her out of the videos so much that it wasn’t entirely clear whether she was in the group at all… :D

You cling to that wire fence for dear life, Louise!

There's only 6 singles to choose from, so I am guessing it will be:

Stay
Just A Step From Heaven
Oh Baby I...

Save Our Love paid DUST as usual. :(

I think she should re-record some later Eternal moments.

I'm sure she could give I Am Blessed the right amount of welly.

I think she should re-record some later Eternal moments.

I'm sure she could give I Am Blessed the right amount of welly.

Oh let's go the whole HOG and have her record Someday. I'm sure she can make it less ear-splitting than Easther's version.

I Wanna Be The Only One (featuring Olly Alexander in the BeBe Winans role) :disco:

NO THANK YOU

I could easily see her draining all the rage out of the songs on Savage or, worse still, pretending they never existed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom