Louise - Super Magic

Can she do the one about granny walking the streets at night?

I always thought she was just homeless but now I’m wondering if she was a prossie

Can she do the one about granny walking the streets at night?

I always thought she was just homeless but now I’m wondering if she was a prossie

She's trying to find herself a place to sleep, so I think she IS homeless. As if God-fearing Easther would sing about a wanton woman!

Yeah I'm here for that. :disco:

Someone has been listening to my Nu Disco thread for inspiration!

That clip sounds more like she (or whoever produced it) has been listening to Sheila E and I’m ready for it.

Last edited:
Oh this sounds so promising! So it's not from a full album? What a shame as this is just what I'd need from her. Though I'm refusing to get too excited until the full thing's out.

I thought Heavy Love started so strong but fell off a cliff in the middle. It ends on a massive high with "Wrong" though which is beautiful and probably the best song on it. She gets so much stick for her voice but she has a lovely TONE for ballads that's still there

"Hurt" on the other hand is a bit too Jess Glynn for me.

The first five tracks are really solid and "Stretch" is of course a shameless joy.

Yes I love Wrong. For someone who gets a lot of (not entirely undeserved) stick for being bland and musically faceless, Heavy Love in general was clearly a very personal effort for her. The whole album is basically about the Jamie divorce, and that track really goes in. I can imagine they must have had a few awkward conversations about it. :D

This is brilliant! I mean, I'm probably only second to VoR in being Moopy's biggest Louise stan, so I am a bit biased, but this genuinely is a very very good song!

• Love
Reactions: VoR
From Popjustice:

"YESSSS DISCO BANGER. Co-written by Shura! This is 'new Dua Lipa lead' good."
I can very much hear the Dua Lipa thing. Sadly though, it isn’t the new Dua Lipa single, it’s the new Louise single, and I think she is what’s holding me back from actually liking it…

It's very Sheila E / Janet Control Era / Early Five Star. It will be interesting to hear what else she has up her sleeve, It's a bit of a shame this is for a Greatest Hits and not a new album.

Last edited:
Yes I love Wrong. For someone who gets a lot of (not entirely undeserved) stick for being bland and musically faceless, Heavy Love in general was clearly a very personal effort for her. The whole album is basically about the Jamie divorce, and that track really goes in. I can imagine they must have had a few awkward conversations about it. :D

Yes it's quite an emotional effort, Wrong especially. You can feel the weight of that song which is not something I ever expected from Louise.

I know it's completely selfish to wish she'd never married, but I do feel ROBBED of her career the last 20 years. I suspect she'd very easily have continued having hits in the 00s before transitioning quickly into a Radio 2 staple and still flogging albums. Pandora's Kiss likely would never have happened too

I know it's completely selfish to wish she'd never married, but I do feel ROBBED of her career the last 20 years. I suspect she'd very easily have continued having hits in the 00s before transitioning quickly into a Radio 2 staple and still flogging albums. Pandora's Kiss likely would never have happened too
I think she concentrated so much on her marriage and family that absolutely everything else fell by the wayside. I am sure she alluded to something along the lines of Jamie wanted her to be a full-time mum. I think her stint on Strictly was partly the reason why her marriage broke down, she got a taste of the limelight again and loved it, but I don't think Jamie was happy with this. It is interesting that she picked up her music career not long after the break up. There are also rumours that he cheated too, and that he had a super injunction. The divorce was filed under unreasonable behaviour.

Realistically I think she probably would have naturally fizzled away in the early 2000s anyway. The Jamie marriage/divorce drama kept her in the public eye, not to mention giving us the Strictly comeback/divorce narrative that fueled (and funded!) Heavy Love. On balance, I'll take it.

I can very much hear the Dua Lipa thing. Sadly though, it isn’t the new Dua Lipa single, it’s the new Louise single, and I think she is what’s holding me back from actually liking it…
Exactly this for me. It sounds like a really good song, well produced. I just wish it had been given to someone else

Realistically I think she probably would have naturally fizzled away in the early 2000s anyway. The Jamie marriage/divorce drama kept her in the public eye, not to mention giving us the Strictly comeback/divorce narrative that fueled (and funded!) Heavy Love. On balance, I'll take it.

I don't know, in my imaginary ideal world, it's 1998, she had a quick go on Jamie for all of us, left his future perfect housewife plans in the dust and the Woman In Me campaign rolled on unfettered, All That Matters was rightly scoffed at as a suggested single and Shut Up And Kiss Me and Running Back For More were singles 3 and 4, both top 10 (they would have been!) pushing the album to double platinum by the end of its run.

Elbow Beach would then never have existed (even if I am still fond in a weird way and 2 Faced would be quite the loss).

And so then...actually no, you're probably right :D But I can't help but wonder. Some of the post-2000 songs were questionable enough to suggest otherwise but she wouldn't have been in the same position because of a certain footballer.

That said, the Strictly comeback was everything she needed and it must have been such a confidence boost getting to the final and not once in the dance off. Very similar to Helen Skelton this year actually (public support from high profile split + decent dancer but not ringer-level good to put people off).

Another thing about EVIL JAMIE locking her in the kitchen for 20 years is that she essentially sat out the really grim years of reality TV.

Strictly is pretty much all she’s done, no? I like to think it allowed her to retain some air of DIGNITY which contributes to her still having a modicum of cultural cache today.

Another thing about EVIL JAMIE locking her in the kitchen for 20 years is that she essentially sat out the really grim years of reality TV.

Strictly is pretty much all she’s done, no? I like to think it allowed her to retain some air of DIGNITY which contributes to her still having a modicum of cultural cache today.
I recall seeing her on Sunday Brunch or whatever it's called quite often during her Instagram years

I think there was definitely another album campaign the size / success of 'Woman In Me' in her - unfortunately that album was 'Eblow Beach

Well, as much dignity as being the Face Of Peacocks can afford, I suppose.

In fairness though I reckon Louise would much rather have her two sons than an additional two #15 singles had she not met Jamie.

It's a shame that she couldn't do both - if that's what she wanted anyway.

If that was entirely her own decision over the years then fair enough, but reading between the lines does seem to suggest otherwise. To some degree, at least.

More importantly though, it's 2022 and she is seemingly giving us a banger tomorrow. Which seems like an entirely made up gay fantasy

I'm really quite obsessed with this. Thrilling to hear her coming back so strong.

well this is fucking great. no complaints on the vocals either, she sounds full n' fabulous.

• Love
Reactions: VoR
I'm a *bit* disappointed based on the clip expectations but this is still a great song for her and I love that it fully leans into all those 80s pop sounds that clearly inspired her. It sounds very Louise is all I can say and that works well. I suspect it's a grower.

I knew about the Peacocks campaign but not the advert - my jaw nearly hit the floor when it came on yesterday (during I'm A Celeb I think? Get those millions of passive views Lou :disco:). She looks stunning and what a way to promote. Just agog to be hearing a new Louise song knowing millions of others were at the same time in 2022

Of course it won't chart but now I'm fantasising about a week at #40

Isn't there some way those I'm A Celeb ad views can count as streams in the same way the forced ads on YouTube do? It's practically no different!

@VoR did you know Distraction is on some random complication album on Spotify? I’ve never had a good quality version of it until now!

This is also great by the way, I'd never heard it until now. How was this just a Japanese bonus track? It's practically single worthy!

I fancy a deep dive of Louise RARITIES now :DIs there a handy list? I don't need Bounce Back, that can stay in the vaults

Isn't there some way those I'm A Celeb ad views can count as streams in the same way the forced ads on YouTube do? It's practically no different!

Every time someone buys a sparkly top or some socks from Peacocks it should count as several thousand streams.

Well it would make as much sense as some of the other rules so WHY NOT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom