Madonna Survivor: The 2000s (Round 1)

VOTE FOR THE WORST (up to 6)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

POP!

Let the light in
This will possibly be the most INTERESTING series of the four decades.

VOTE TO ELIMINATE (up to 6)

madonna GIF

American Pie
American Life
Love Profusion
Hey You
Give it 2 Me
Revolver

The true ROT didn't really set in until the 2010s aside from "Hey You" and "Revolver". Rest are just average to me. I do like that one remix of "American Life" that was on Remixed and Revisited but generally do not care for it.

Give it 2 Me gives it in a live setting, as does Revulva, but they can both do one here and Hey You is just dribble. Miles Away was a terrible temporary template for her at the time and we got way too much of that ilk. And the Britney collab was an iconic out of touch moment for sure, but I get no enjoyment out of the song itself, which remains an ersatz Neptunes rip-off to counter Justin.

The original Celebration takes off from the get go, I don't know why they abandoned it for the more sinewy but ever so turgid remix. Love the backing vocals, the cringey talking part and tsunami of trance that hits in wave after wave. The less said the better about the Jo Whiley look of the video though.

So we’re doing the 10’s on their own? Can we also do a round of all the album tracks too?

Nothing Fails
Love Profusion
Hey You
Revolver

then the rest is kinda bulletproof tbh :disco:

It's ALL AN ILLUSION
There's TOO MUCH CONFUSION

Last edited:
Not as easy as I thought. But god the 2010s is going to be hard…in the vote to SAVES

oh this will be a LANDSLIDE.

also, limiting our voting choices to 6 songs only seems a bit TAME.

Maybe people didn't like her Amanda Lear look in the video. MORE FOOL THEM

I've said it before but the stagger and release starting at 02:50 is, I think, my favourite Madonna moment EVER :disco:

That it has two more votes than pile of nothing JUMP is a crime against gay humanity, worse than AIDS and Tories.

CAN WE GET TOGETHER?
I REALLY WANNA BE WITH YOU

In this case Madge - YES!

Not sure I think much of the Jack the Cunt remix though. It arrived CLUB READY

That it has two more votes than pile of nothing JUMP is a crime against gay humanity, worse than AIDS and Tories.
Oh I quite like Jump (I particularly love the segue from Forbidden Love WHICH IS ALSO FUCKING FANTASTIC into Jump on the album) but YES!

THERE'S ONLY SO MUCH YOU CAN LEARN IN ONE PLACE :disco:

the Confessions Tour version of Jump is UTTERLY THRILLING. back to back with Like a Virgin is probably my fave one-two punch of any Madonna album. absolute gay coma!

the Confessions Tour version of Jump is UTTERLY THRILLING. back to back with Like a Virgin is probably my fave one-two punch of any Madonna album. absolute gay coma!
Oh that mix of Like A Virgin is EVERYTHING AND MORE! Especially the chorus. GIDDY UP! :disco:

Quite the achievement for a song I never liked very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom