after which it's all classiques

Nothing Fails
Love Profusion
4 Minutes
Miles Away
Celebration

after which it's all classiques

That’s exactly what I had voted for too. :disco:

Give it 2 Me is horrible too but I do love that instrumental breakdown and middle 8.

Especially hateful for that ticking clock thing that by 2008 was such a tired thing since she’d already used it for Hung Up (and already back then felt a bit reductive because of that awful Gwen Stephani song).

I’d like to express my extreme point of view; aside from Don’t Tell Me and Die Another Day (Music, Hung Up and Sorry too) the two best songs in this sad group are:

Hollywood

and

American Pie

I recall hearing American Life for the first time whilst in company and everyone being excited and dancing perhaps slightly over-enthusiastically. When it came round to hearing GAYLUV for the first time in the same company, everyone just STOOD STILL :disco:

I've decided Celebration must win.

It's of course utter DRIVEL, but it's so representative of who Madonna had become, amd it's also especially AMAZING in the context that only a year later Madam was running around daring to call others "reductive"

wait, are we about to lose American Life? :shock:

I've just realised that NOTHIN'. ⚠️ is what it seeeeeeeeeeeems...

American Life has had such a bizarre trajectory for me. If any song would age badly you’d think it would be that. But actually, I think it has gotten better with age :D

I quite like American Life which just goes to show that my previous claim to not like songs with American in the title is a load of old tosh :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom