Madonna Survivor: The 2000s (Round 2)

VOTE TO ELIMINATE (up to 5)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What’s with the Love Profusion HATE?
it's UNBEARABLY SICKLY AND TWEE! just thinking about it induces in me a PHYSICAL REACTION and immediately scars the skin that Ray of Light LOVINGLY CLEARED this very morning! UGH!

it's UNBEARABLY SICKLY AND TWEE! just thinking about it induces in me a PHYSICAL REACTION and immediately scars the skin that Ray of Light LOVINGLY CLEARED this very morning! UGH!
gvpFLGc.gif

The Confessions singles really were a cut above the rest of the output of the period weren’t they?

Hung Up has NOT aged well. It was fun at the time but near 20 years later, why bother when Gimme Gimme Gimme is RIGHT THERE?
AR:

Spotify streams

321m Hung Up (approx 7.5m January 23)
518m Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (approx 18.7m January 23)

Interestingly (:david:) it's the #2 most streamed track for both acts.

I gave Celebration a go last night and oh my, it does sound VERY of its time and it's a bunch of nothing though I do remember RINSING it nonstop back in 2009 when mainstream music was just a bunch of Guetta, Flo Rida, and Dr. Luke. Celebration wasn't that bad but I've always taken it as a precursor of what was coming during the next few years for her. RIP.

ANYWAY, there a lot of songs here that are topped (🤭) by Celebration in my humble opinion because during the 00'swe all saw the birth of Trolldonna and her endless REAL MUSIC artistry b.s. yapping what with popping out the guitar at any given chance and allowing awful, terrible reinventions of her iconic classics just for the sake of being ironic and too cool for them. Poor Borderline and Material Girl.

I know it won't be a popular opinion as Abba are seen as untouchable but... I'd take Hung Up over Gimme Gimme Gimme any day of the week

Frankly though I'd also take The Tamperer (feat. Maya)'s HAMMER TO THE HEART over both of them. BOOM BOOM!

I do hope she changes the line to something about pâté for the tour just so the under 30s know what's being shouted at them :basil:

I do like "Celebration" as a nice little stopgap between Hard Candy and MDNA, and it is infinitely better than "Revolver". She hasn't given us many great uptempos since then, to be fair... but more on that in the 2010s/2020s survivor!

‘Get Stupid’ for like seven minutes is better than actual 4 Minutes?!

Have a word Mopsy :(

This. GI2M is one of Madge's worst singles from the 00's for me, just radio fodder to keep up with the Rihannas, Keshas and Britneys from that era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom