Marina - "Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land"

it really is a MARVELLOUS song. she's not served this level of energy since the Electra Heart era and I'd say it's her biggest banger since Froot or Blue.

lovely video too (even if she clearly filmed half of it in her back yard swimming pool)

So it seems that the album is actually titled "Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land"

I like this cover better

Screenshot_20210414-120141_Apple Music.jpg

it really is a MARVELLOUS song. she's not served this level of energy since the Electra Heart era and I'd say it's her biggest banger since Froot or Blue.

lovely video too (even if she clearly filmed half of it in her back yard swimming pool)
I think it’s her biggest banger since Radioactive

This stinks of a 2021 Family Jewels and I’m here for it. Welcome back MARINA

I'm obsessed with both of the new songs and I love that album title. I see lots of complaints about the lyrics, but for me I'm loving how direct and almost camp they are. Not a fan of the artwork though. Unless it's actually meant to be super tacky, ugly and artless?

I really, really, really hate the album cover, but I am here for literally everything else. The music is FANTASTIC!

I don’t hate the album cover. She’s so pretty that she makes it work. Also she looks a lot more Greek lately.

I think this could do quite well for her. but despite the widespread DISGUST over Love + Fear, she still toured the UK twice with it and sold out dates across US/EU too. her fanbase remains quite strong.

@Moderator can we please merge the two threads. It looks silly to have the same thing twice.

Is her hair meant to subconsciously make us think of the letter M?

Anyway, this is easily her best song in ages, it grabbed me in seconds and she hasn't done that since the Electra Heart era.

The new song definitely feels like more of a nod to vintage Marina and the Diamonds and I appreciate the added oomph. Rapid hand claps all round.

Album artwork is a horror.

It's gorge. I really don't know WHAT y'all are on. although the single artwork is even better.

Reactions: GNL
actual translation of the Pussy Riot verse

All my sisters are f*ggots f*ggots
We refused to be afraid of fear
Break the patriarchy
Boys are made from my rib

I cum on your face like ??????????
You know your place wow wow
I'm taking what's mine now
No, I'm taking power, wow wow

Matriarchy governs the state
we are here to dominate

:D :D :D

This sounds great too. This album is shaping up really nicely.

I don’t think this one is quite as good as PTP or Man’s World, but fuck me she hasn’t missed yet. I loved the chorus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom