Meghan Trainor - Mother

I really disliked the 'songs designed exclusively to be lipsynced by horrible people' genre when it was just drag queens doing it, and I HATE it now it's gone mainstream.

Reactions: COB
fuck me :D society made a mistake when we decided to allow Meghan Trainor to occupy cultural space again

This is surely...something based on the snippet alone. It's giving MLM-peddling white American woman who thinks the song is actually about being a parent as her key demo??

This is so tragic, surreal and desperate to be camp and quirky, it kind of goes full circle into actually BEING cringe-camp??
Like something we'll look back on in a few years time and be like "REMEMBER that horrific Meghan Trainor single about being Mother??"

I've totally come around to Made You Look (the ludicrous "take it OFF!" ad lib after she discusses her Versace dress is a particular much-loved highlight chezNelope), but Mother sounds worse than sepsis. It was eyebrow-raising enough as it was, but the moment it went into the "bumbumbumbumbumbumbumbum"s...

I'm trying to remember that Popworld quote about something chasing the pink pound to the extent it's actually offensive.

Of course I hate it (and the term, along with most grating online queen vernacular) but obviously it's also been in my head all morning.

Finally empathising with Zoe and why she felt such rage.

x720.jpeg

I'm trying to remember that Popworld quote about something chasing the pink pound to the extent it's actually offensive.

Of course I hate it (and the term, along with most grating online queen vernacular) but obviously it's also been in my head all morning.

Finally empathising with Zoe and why she felt such rage.

View attachment 16529
Mugatu 🤝 Kala

Oh M Train :D

I kinda want it to be big just to continue this ‘da fuk?’ part of her career

Now that I've gotten over the initial INTENSE SHOCK that the horrors the new song contains, I think I'm starting to cringe-stan????

I don't actually know much about Meghan Trainor as a person, but I'm assuming she's done her calculations and realised this CAREER RENAISSANCE is highly unlikely to last very long, and instead of putting her heart and soul into being taken seriously as an artist (to inevitable failure) she's just decided to crank up the novelty to 11 and score some cheap hits whilst she still can? :D

How long until we get the inevitable VEGAS RESIDENCY announcement, playing to a nightly audience entirely consisting of basic brainless white Americans :D

She really should have released the full song in parallel with that TikTok video. The hate-streams alone probably would have gotten her another #1. :D

Now that I've gotten over the initial INTENSE SHOCK that the horrors the new song contains, I think I'm starting to cringe-stan????

I don't actually know much about Meghan Trainor as a person, but I'm assuming she's done her calculations and realised this CAREER RENAISSANCE is highly unlikely to last very long, and instead of putting her heart and soul into being taken seriously as an artist (to inevitable failure) she's just decided to crank up the novelty to 11 and score some cheap hits whilst she still can? :D

How long until we get the inevitable VEGAS RESIDENCY announcement, playing to a nightly audience entirely consisting of basic brainless white Americans :D

Stop all that MANSPLAINING!

No one’s LISTENING!

I’ve had the original Mr Sandman stuck in my head all day thanks to this hate crime.

The cynicism and lack of respect for gays in releasing something as tragic as that thinking that they’ll lap up any old shit as long as it’s camp

And of course, she’s right

If there was ever a song that makes me NOT want to say "Mother!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom