Melanie C returns - Melanie C (2020 album & singles)

I mean, you don't have to. But you said nothing particularly complimentary when she actually got a great chart position on decent sales so I suppose it's no SURPRISE.
My god - CHILL OUT JARK YOU ARE ACCUSING *VoR* OF HAVING A VENDETTA AGAINST A SPICE GIRL :D

the constant negativity is just a bit tiring. I don't understand coming into somebody's thread only to gloat having already sniped earlier today in another Menly thread. like, we get it.

I’m slightly surprised it’s gone already. I know it was always going to fall massively, but I’d have assumed it would’ve done at least 1k+ so far this week which surely would be ok for the top 100 midweek?

What sort of alternate universe are we living in where @VoR is trolling the spice fans :shock:

I wasn’t gloating or trolling! I’m sorry if it came across that way, but I will always root for a Spice Girl and I was delighted that she made the top ten.

But when you’ve been an apologist for these ladies as long as I have, you kind of have to see the funny side of things!

As for my ‘sniping’ yesterday, I was honestly just bemused given how utterly hated she’s been on Moopy for the vast majority of our lifespan.

We love a comeback queen

we’ll be stanning for Ellen and Lea Michele in years to come :eyes:

Doesn't chart in the ACTUAL Billboard 200 chart but in some variants (GOD knows what that means these days)

BILLBOARD TOP ALBUM SALES
98 (NEW) 1 Melanie C

TOP CURRENT ALBUMS
60 (NEW) 1 Melanie C

I really am surprised she's fallen quite so hard, after she held on so well throughout the week last week. I guess it goes to underline the power of multi formats and fan bundles.

I took time away from stabbing my Mel C voodoo doll today to give it another spin too.

It's definitely her most consistent record since Northern Star, although it's going to take a few more listens to fully dig in I think. Some of the stuff in the middle is a bit on the forgettable side.

I really am surprised she's fallen quite so hard, after she held on so well throughout the week last week. I guess it goes to underline the power of multi formats and fan bundles.

I think she really needed to be on a major label again for this to have much chance of a shelf life after week one.

I think she really needed to be on a major label again for this to have much chance of a shelf life after week one.

I dont imagine many copies ever made it on to a shelf in the first place.

Reactions: VoR

Isn't MANDY Holden on BGT? Menly needed that type of exposure and Red Girl Records could only produce so many physical copies :(

hot midweek goss

Melanie C - midweek positions:
#81 (402 sales) - Sunday
#102 (517 sales) [+115] - Monday
#112 (641 sales) [+124] - Tuesday
#114 (789 sales) [+148] - Wednesday
#117 (942 sales) [+153] - Thursday

942 sales =
702 Physicals (74.52%)
134 Streaming (14.23%)
106 Downloads (11.25%)

courtesy of Popjustice. 808 sales this week and presumably another 120 or so for today so just shy of 1k sold in week two.

the user who posted it notes that:

"The chart is dominated by albums that have a large proportion of streaming sales. 112 albums in today's midweek Top 200 have streaming sales account for 80% or more of their sales this week. This certainly makes it an uphill struggle for albums that are more reliant on pure sales, like Melanie C. She was never going to be able to sell enough copies in week 2 to contend with albums that casually manage hundreds or thousands of streaming units."

As an example of that, Mabel's High Expectations is #30 with 2180 streaming sales out of 2222 units a 98.11% streaming contribution. ABBA Gold is 77% streams (1496 streaming sales out of 1954) and Jess Glynne's I Cry When I Laugh (#119, 911 streaming sales out of 938) is 97% streams.

Illustrates how truly in the toilet sales are and how difficult it is for a fanbase act like Melanie. I suppose the answer as always is to try and have songs being played on the radio.

Is there a sales only album chart?

Ultimately that’s surely how she’ll recoup some (:eyes:) of the expenses

How do they count album streams? Does listening to the WHOLE album = 1 stream? What if I stopped half way through?!

She CAN'T have only had 134 streams, SURELY?! We were HALF of those
I'm not sure of the steaming weighting for albums but for songs 1500 (paid for) streams = 1 streaming sale, or 6000 (free) steams = 1 sale.

so I suppose 134 streaming sales = 201,000 streams if we assume all streams were paid for. and therefore in reality maybe double that number.

I'm not sure of the steaming weighting for albums but for songs 1500 streams = 1 streaming sale.

so I suppose 134 streaming sales = 201,000 streams.

It's 150 isn't it?

That’s because it’s not very good love x

Girlfriend needs to bag an ad campaign with her hot new music. Even if it's just Tena Lady, it will be thousands of streams one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom