Melodifestivalen 2021: The Prediction Game

Jesus christ you lot, no wonder he’s not come back! :D

REALLY? Come on, this is fuck all to do with any of that!

Look, I never had an issue with Kala and I thought some of what happened here verged on bullying, but if you've made an ACTIVE DECISION to leave a community, you shouldn't really get to be involved with that community's activities. Ok, he came last. But if he won, does that not take the shine off whoever comes second? Our games/ sync watches/ shit we do are meant to provoke posters to join/ posting to happen and along with that, it means people who've decided they want no part of that shouldn't be involved. If he'd come back, logged in and posted just his scores, fine, I have no issue with that.

Maybe I'm just being petty and overthinking this- it's just a game with no prize for fun after all- but it just doesn't sit right with me.

For god's sake, calm down you bunch of drama queens. Kala's predictions are real, they were made early this week, but he doesn't even know that they were posted here.
I talked to him to check if he was ok and told him the prediction game was back, in an attempt to bring him back. Yes, I miss having Kala around. He isn't interested, he had a rough time here and doesn't feel like posting at the moment, but as a hardcore eurofan he quickly gave me his predictions (that he probably would have changed later if he was actually playing). After consulting with the host I posted them here, that's all.

Well OF COURSE if Kala hadn’t actually asked to be involved and his predictions were just posted as a nice curio then there’s absolutely nothing untoward about that whatsoever!

I just was kind of feeling (less emphatically) what Sheena was feeling, that it seems a bit strange to give disgruntled posters a way in the back door without showing their face.

I appreciate that this wasn’t like that.

For god's sake, calm down you bunch of drama queens. Kala's predictions are real, they were made early this week, but he doesn't even know that they were posted here.
I talked to him to check if he was ok and told him the prediction game was back, in an attempt to bring him back. Yes, I miss having Kala around. He isn't interested, he had a rough time here and doesn't feel like posting at the moment, but as a hardcore eurofan he quickly gave me his predictions (that he probably would have changed later if he was actually playing). After consulting with the host I posted them here, that's all.

None of which was explained. So I stand by my earlier point.

Except that BASICALLY, it was YOUR fault.

This feels just like the fuss over @Suomi voting on behalf of @HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid in the rewatches. At least with that we ended up with a new user at the end of it!

Kala would be very welcome to return (if they wanted to of course); this felt like an ODD approach though.

I just did it to try to have him interested and posting again, I was waiting for him to talk to me later to change his predictions, so I was gonna tell him that he was playing, but nothing of this happened. I don't understand why is such a big deal, it's just a prediction game.

This feels just like the fuss over @Suomi voting on behalf of @HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid in the rewatches. At least with that we ended up with a new user at the end of it!

But isn't that different? From my point of view, a ranking or voting that should reflects Moopy's taste, it feels weird to have other people voting. Its like if we have non posters voting in Ag's ESC game and the result has nothing to do with Moopy's taste, I don't feel it's right. But a game like this? I didn't see anyone complaying when @Beverley's partner played FF, because it's a different thing. Same with a prediction game. :emoji_shrug:

DTF: Anton Ewald/Dotter
AC: Patrik Jean/Frida Green
5th: Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos
6th: WAHL feat. SAMI
7th: Julia Alfrida

Last edited:
DTF: Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos/Dotter
AC: Patrik Jean/WAHL feat. SAMI
5th: Anton Ewald
6th: Frida Green

AC: Patrik Jean/WAHL feat. SAMI
5th: Frida Green
6th: Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos

Speaks for our low expectations that Patrik’s horribly generic little speck of nowt is figuring as a qualifier for most people.

Imagine if only one woman has qualified after two semis...

Speaks for our low expectations that Patrik’s horribly generic little speck of nowt is figuring as a qualifier for most people.

Imagine if only one woman has qualified after two semis...
I think you need to divide your personal opinion of a track a little more from entirely realistic expectations of how they're likely to do!

I mean ultimately, "Tamar - have you WATCHED THE SHOW?"

I think you need to divide your personal opinion of a track a little more from entirely realistic expectations of how they're likely to do!

I mean ultimately, "Tamar - have you WATCHED THE SHOW?"
Oh I know, I just can’t see how Patrik is expected to do anything? Far better songs than that have fallen in the semi final before - I don’t see what his USP is.

Put it this way - the only other ~ vocalist ~ in this final is Frida, and ultimately the mums of Sweden don't find it aspirational to vote for a fat 28 year old woman when they can vote for a hot 28 year old gay

DTF: Dotter and Anton
AC: Patrik and Eva & Ewa
5th: WAHL & Sami
6th: Frida
7th: Julia

Put it this way - the only other ~ vocalist ~ in this final is Frida, and ultimately the mums of Sweden don't find it aspirational to vote for a fat 28 year old woman when they can vote for a hot 28 year old gay
Jesus, that’s bleak. I’d have said Sami & Wahl were a safer bet for qualification than him, though.

AC: Patrik Jean/Eva & Ewa
5th: WAHL feat. SAMI
6th: Julia Alfrida
7th: Frida Green

DTG: Dotter and Anton
AC: Patrik and Eva & Ewa
5th: WAHL & Sami

DTG: Dotter & Patrick
AC: Anton and WAHL & Sami
5th: Frida
6th: Eva & Ewa

Last edited:
DTG: Dotter & Anton
AC: Patrik & WAHL & Sami

DTG: Dotter/ WAHL & Sami
AC: Anton / Patrick
5: Frida
6: Julia
7: Eva & Ewa

DTF: Dotter and Patrik Jean
AC: WAHL & Sami and Eva & Ewa
5. Julia
6. Anton
7. Frida

DTG: Dotter, Wahl/Sami
AC: Patrik, Anton

DTF - Anton and WAHL/SAMI
AC - Julia and Patrik
5th: Dotter
7th: The mature women

Luckily there are only 3 male acts so sexist Sweden can't keep the women out again

DTF: Dotter & Anton
AC: Wahl/Sami & Patrik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom