Melodifestivalen 2022: Deltävling 2 - Also Avicii Arena

Yeah, the points reveal format is fine but they do need to fix two things:
  1. It’s perceived as unfair as the 2nd placer is given the winner story while the 1st placer is forgotten about mid way.
  2. There need to be a winners reprise to end the competition in a celebratory fashion.
A half-assed solution is that only the 1st placer gets to do a reprise at the end of the show.

I liked the reveal and seeing the breakdown. The result wasn't massively exciting but LIAMOO had some lovely lights and a bit of a groovy song.

If you’re bored why don’t you send me your ABBA rate? :sweden:
It's coming. It's just a lot of songs to go through and I'm having difficulty placing my benchmark :eyes: while simultaneusly doing my top 160 melfest songs from the last 5 years and preparing a SchlagerDivaVision :disco:

1. It’s perceived as unfair as the 2nd placer is given the winner story while the 1st placer is forgotten about mid way.
  2. There need to be a winners reprise to end the competition in a celebratory fashion.
A half-assed solution is that only the 1st placer gets to do a reprise at the end of the show.
Totally agree with this!

They need to get second place over with and then go back to the winner, in more than just a cursory "Oh yes there's also them who won" fashion.

On the first point, I guess it levels the playing field a bit if the 2nd placer gets more airtime, so we won’t necessarily be going into the final knowing that only the four winners have any chance at all.

Totally agree about the reprises.

Also the 2nd placer is just as valid a winner as the 1st placer as they’ll have got to the final using the voting system that is actually used in the final.

It’s an extreme theoretical example but for all we know, 99% of Liamoo’s votes on Saturday could have come from 16 year-olds, which wouldn’t make him a frontrunner in the final at all.

Also the 2nd placer is just as valid a winner as the 1st placer as they’ll have got to the final using the voting system that is actually used in the final.

It’s an extreme theoretical example but for all we know, 99% of Liamoo’s votes on Saturday could have come from 16 year-olds, which wouldn’t make him a frontrunner in the final at all.

I knew my £50 bet on Robin Bengtsson wasn’t a waste!

I wouldn’t say “just as valid”. I agree that the 2nd placer could very well be in a better position to win than the 1st placer, but in practice it could very well be the case that more often than not the 1st place would have won under both systems.

I guess once the full results are out, we could test this by seeing if John gospel singer (and the runners up for the next two weeks) came 2nd in the first round.

That girl rocker group entry was a pile of shite

John is unbearably insipid, actively dislike him now

Kate Nash foul

Alvaro zzzzzbopzzzzz

Tone tried

Loved the shonky pastel duet! :D

LIAMOO very good but only a 7.5

Just as valid is a biiig stretch, this has happened only twice in three seasons and 12 semi finals. Most of the time both methods results in the same runaway winner.

Re: the voting debate, I heard a good idea on the Schlagerprofil podcast where they said why not throw in a few international jury territories into the mix each week? They are always somewhat unpredictable - and you could have a Nordic block, Balkan block, the Microstate Jury …

Reactions: Hak
Re: the voting debate, I heard a good idea on the Schlagerprofil podcast where they said why not throw in a few international jury territories into the mix each week? They are always somewhat unpredictable - and you could have a Nordic block, Balkan block, the Microstate Jury …
I’m not sure more (potentially corrupt) international juries are the way forward.

Why not release the app internationally and have a few international viewer voting blocks instead?

Divide internationals up into 8 voting blocks and have two blocks place valid votes each week and then combine them all for the final :disco:

Or we could just have them do what they've done for decades and was in NO WAY broken...?

Or we could just have them do what they've done for decades and was in NO WAY broken...?
Yeah I mean you can jazz it up as much as you want, but nothing beats Finalen or Bust.

The international juries always seemed a bit iffy to me. Do we ever get any detail on who these juries are? Who is Simon Proctor anyway?

Juries formed from thousands of international viewers would be revolutionary. :disco:

Why not release the app internationally and have a few international viewer voting blocks instead?
Preferably with some kind of syndication. Theming each week's program after the regions allowed to vote would also make for excellent TV and media coverage (similar to what they did with Malmo/Skåne in Heat 1).

87-Xnr-EA8-XSv-Nz-Q5kl-VAz-JG-4-Cs-Y.jpg

LET US NOW WELCOME THIS WEEK'S INTERNATIONAL VOTERS...

...THE EASTERN BLOCK!
DELIVERING THE POINTS ARE:

Eastern.jpg

Last edited:
The international juries always seemed a bit iffy to me. Do we ever get any detail on who these juries are? Who is Simon Proctor anyway?
I always wondered that! We should have a bash at wrestling it away from him. I’ll message JessAn on Instagram.

I'm not sure they've had a consistent voting system for more than about a few years at a time!

Oh I don't care if they want to use the age group voting, but there's literally no reason to display it in a different way. Finalen or Bust is one of the best concepts in any competitive reality tv EVER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom