Milk

Which milk do you buy?

• Total voters
This is such a lifestyle forum topic.

FULLY SKIMMED. The weight won't just stay off with SEMI.

Put it in there then. I never remember which forums exist. :D

I don’t buy any but if I would it would be either lactose free semi-skimmed milk or almond milk.

Oat milk, have properly switched to it in the last year. I use Alpro or Tesco’s own brand. Will use soya in a cafe if no oat available. I’ve been vegetarian for years rather than vegan but increasingly choosing dairy free options that are equally nice alternatives. Will drink cow’s milk in any form if that’s all somebody’s got.

Semi skimmed dairy (I'd rather add water to cereal than skimmed), and oat.

I'd quite happily use oat for everything, but Mr L can't get on board with it.

Looks right to me.

haerifraan-kommer-mjoelken-tydligt-paa-paketet-2910662.jpg

I don’t really drink milk or put it in hot drinks or cereal, so I basically only buy it when I’m making bechamel sauce or similar and full fat works best for that.

I think this may be the most middle class post I have ever made.

Every so often I do get a hankering for old school sterilised milk.

I fail to understand the point of skimmed it's like adding extra water !

I don’t ever drink milk but I use normal full fat for cooking

In Spain they swap the colours around too and it was most confusing.

BLOODY EUROPEANS, Farage was right.

I also can’t believe Soya milk is still legal. It’s so bad for most people’s stomachs. The irony of it being a dairy substitute !

In Spain they swap the colours around too and it was most confusing.

BLOODY EUROPEANS, Farage was right.
Oh almost fell into that trap earlier today the "SEMI" In the semidesnatada tipped me off with my zero Spanish

Soy milk is fucking disgusting. Almond milk tastes like nothing. The only substitute I’d have is oat, and even that I don’t like that much

Almond milk taste a bit sweet, even nicer than real milk.

If you like an even richer taste try hazelnut or cashew milk.

This just made me want to drink all of the above.

Oat and especially soy milk is awful though.

I only really use milk for cereal or porridge, but I can't really have real milk for stomach reasons. I used to drink almond, but nowadays I pretty much exclusively get this stuff:
koko-unsweetened-2541x4361.jpg

It has very pleasant consistency, and doesn't actually taste of coconut at all.

With the alternative milks I think it's quite important to go for the unsweetened versions, because they do tend to add a lot of sugar otherwise in my experience :shock:

semi skimmed and I can drink flavoured soy or barista soy. cafes in Amsterdam usually ask "cow or oat?" when you order coffee which I find quite funny. but oat simply isn't giving.

Lactose free semi skimmed for porridge. Standard semi for tea/coffee.

Whole milk or gold top for cooking with (makes the best custards).

Oat milk when I'm going plant based.

I only really use milk for cereal or porridge, but I can't really have real milk for stomach reasons. I used to drink almond, but nowadays I pretty much exclusively get this stuff:
koko-unsweetened-2541x4361.jpg

It has very pleasant consistency, and doesn't actually taste of coconut at all.

This is giving me:

I must be one of the few people who consider soy milk TASTY. :basil:

I hate cow’s milk with such a passion that if I ever have a milkshake, I ask for it with plant milk, even if it has dairy ice cream or cream in it and then get weird looks from the server.

It’s just THICK and ODD.

I have that same disconnect too.

Actual cow's milk? Yuck, no, absolutely not - it's been squeezed out a tit and is FULL OF PUSS

Things made with cow's milk (ice cream, cheese, lots of puddings)? Yum yum, YES PLEASE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom