Milk

Which milk do you buy?

• Total voters
I had goat's butter recently while visiting my parents, as my dear mother just thought to use it in a bacon sandwich without telling me. It tasted of ARMPIT

You sick fuck
Was visiting Chios and a local family suggested that I try it. I felt it would be insulting them to decline cause it was from their own goat. Had a sip although it stunk and felt like am going to puke on them which would be even ruder, so I declined.

But am perfectly happy with industrially processed cow milk, it doesn't feel like that at all.

Does goat milk have that vile flavour that goat cheese has? In that case no thanks!

”Cow’s milk” sounds a bit like an inslut, I mean it IS the standard MILK that humans have drunk for millennias, no? :D

I also love hen’s eggs 🍳

I guess it depends on the landscape and abudance of animals. Goat milk was pretty standard too here before industrialization . Not everyone could have a cow but almost everyone had a goat. I think technically it's even better too, less lactose, easier to digest etc.

I guess it depends on the landscape and abudance of animals. Goat milk was pretty standard too here before industrialization . Not everyone could have a cow but almost everyone had a goat. I think technically it's even better too, less lactose, easier to digest etc.
Goats milk is given to kids here if they have a dairy intolerance (which is surprisingly common in young babies). I was raised on it due to eczema but had grown out of it by childhood. I wouldn't be surprised if I still have a mild dairy intolerance but nothing noticeable enough to start thinking about giving it up.

I occasionally fancy a dairy free coffee just for SHITS AND GIGGLES and soy is normally my choice there. I don't really like how coconut and oat actually taste like their source.

Try the coconut one I posted above! It's the only one I've found that doesn't taste of it :o

Try the coconut one I posted above! It's the only one I've found that doesn't taste of it :o
I saw you said this and was intrigued! The only other time I've had coconut milk was in an actual coconut dish which I certainly wouldn't want in tea.

The oat taste is something I had to get accustomed to in coffee at least - on cereals it tasted fine to me straight away, and I genuinely prefer it now for that. And I drink oat milk as a drink in its own right, which I haven't done for dairy since I was a child, probably.

But my main reason for preferring oat is the mouth feel of it. All the other plant based ones just feel too watery and thin in my mouth.

One of my vegan friends uses only coconut milk and I really don't like the flavour so I'll try to see which brand she uses after your recommendation, @COB .

Reactions: COB
Almond usually for me. Not too fussy though I'll have whatever's there :D

I had coconut milk ice cream that I liked. But I like the taste of coconut

Coconut milk is only to be used in curries. Otherwise no thanks

The coconut drink that's sold as a milk alternative isn't the same stuff that you get in tins for cooking, it's a totally different consistency :D Unsure whether people know this or not!

I once saw a guy on the tube drinking one of these (or a similar brand) straight from the tin. :zombie:

rainbow-sotad-kondenserad-mjolk-397g.jpg

I've never liked cashews though. Because they taste too milky :D

Cashew
Brazil nut
Almond
Peanut - I love peanut butter but peanuts just aren't as good
Pecan/Walnut - kind of interchangeable to me
Pistachio - I don't get the hype
Macadamia nut - I don't love the texture

Pine nut don't feel like nuts to me. I don't know if I've ever had a hazelnut, just hazelnut flavored things

Without getting into the subject of what is and isn't a nut, in order of preference:

Pecan
Hazelnut
Almond
Brazil
Pistachio
Coconut
Pine nut
Walnut
Macadamia
Cashew

I love them ALL really.

Avoid pea milk at all costs. It tastes ok at first but if you get reflux like me, it literally means you burp the taste of peas mixed in with your cornflakes all day long.

Avoid pea milk at all costs. It tastes ok at first but if you get reflux like me, it literally means you burp the taste of peas mixed in with your cornflakes all day long.
Does pea protein affect you the same way? It's a key ingredient in a lot of meat substitutes, isn't it.

Bit of everything, love to mix it up. Currently totally addicted to pea milk

I rarely, if ever eat cereals. They were staples in my childhood though.

As an adult, it is largely porridge, occasionally granola or less often some muesli.

Some of them are definitely very much more aimed at children, but I'd say there's still plenty of adults who eat the (largely) less sugary ones.

If I only had one breakfast for life it would be porridge with sliced banana and a big dollop of almond butter swirled through it.

There is a salted date almond butter which frankly I cannot get enough of.

Same. Cereals are mostly for kids I thought.
And from 2010

Mintel’s latest research on the cereal market shows some 87% adults in the UK eat cold breakfast cereal on at least a daily basis. In addition, for 6% adults in the UK, cereal is more than purely a breakfast staple: it is an easy, quick and nutritious meal substitute that is a regular and core food choice.

I doubt it's changed significantly over the time since.

I'm not sure if I'd call it a 'nutritious meal substitute' for me, but I tend to have it as a late night snack more than for breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom