Moopyvision 2000-2009: Round 7 - Turkey, Denmark, Belarus & Georgia RESULTS

Ugh Turkey really had a rough start

I gave one of them a few bonus points for such a CONFIDENTLY SHIT attempt at choreo :D

Denmark... I'm going into that with more trepidation than Turkey

I AM enjoying this textbook SCALDING DOG EGG from 2004 though. Like they were aiming for Ricky Martin, but he looks more like a close-up magician dressed as SATAN

and 2005 is like Boris Johnson and Olly Murs' lovechild doing the most triple-cringe Pop Idol performance.

How did this country produce someone as amazing as Mats, when it represents itself with this parade of GURNING GOONS???

WHY did I think Twist of Love was good before? :D

I love how all these performers are COMPLETELY confident about the turds they are inflicting on Europe, I have to give them that. Ira Losco could've taken a note!

And one of their best songs, A Moment Like This, was handed to those two dead-eyed planks, OH THE (lack of) HUMANITY!

It’s the famed Belarussian English dialect.

My Galileo has one of the greatest opening lyrics once you decipher it.

This is my live reaction to Belarus

flavor of love wtf GIF

LOVING THIS ALL

Were they trying to Mandela us with Hasta la Vista? Just try Koldun again and try to get away with it - I mean it wasn't quite the HIGH CAMP of Work your magic, but it must have been a bit of a shock to DNQ

I love when homophobic Soviet bloc nations end up unwittingly delivering HIGH CAMP that Sweden could only DREAM OF!

HOLY HELLFIRE

The first of the HOLY TRINITY OF SOPHOS for Georgia... I mean CHRIST
talk about ahead of its time - I only wish this had been later in Eurovision history, I could imagine the right lighting and LCD would've made Europe piss its knickers

ME NOW:
acid dream GIF by Phazed

Just watching Piss Will Come out of politeness - I'm enjoying the blonde Sia wig woman desperately trying to steal focus :D

OK all done - my verdict

Turkey - Mmm... ETHNIC
Denmark - Just as I thought... TRASH
Belarus - NO TURDS DETECTED
Georgia - SOPHO TIL THE END OF TIME

I am totally understanding of Pen being busy and not being able to do an extensive results thing easily!!

I do think about it when I’m HARANGUED into a 5-day voting window though :evil:

Which means...

1st: Sopho Khalvashi - Visionary Dream (216pts)
sopho-of-georgia-performs-her-song-visionary-dream-at-the-finals-of-picture-id74134932

Namesake of the beloved and renowned Visionary Dream award, bestowed upon Moopyvision entries too forward-thinking to go the full distance and win the gongs of their respective contests/rewatch years, Visionary Dream still stands out to this day as one of the most statement debuts - hell, perhaps the most statement debut - of any nation into the Eurovision Song Contest. And failing that, it's certainly the most STATEMENTS debut of any nation yet seen.

Take your To nie ja!s, hold your My Star's, leave your Day After Day's at the door - it's hard to think of an opening bow entry more striking, accomplished, and immediately recognisably reflective of its national culture than this soaring, orchestral, freaked out wonder. Madonna would've locked herself in William Orbit's car to get this on Ray of Light. And frankly, if I think too long about how it only came 12th (TWELFTH! TWELFTH!!!), and some of the stuff it came behind, I start getting angry.

Moopy, nonetheless, sends it to the semis at a canter with the Georgian ticket, by a record 204 point margin over runner-up Diana. I somehow sense that margin might not be beaten in the rest of this :basil:

18 x 12 (@Penelope, @win_the_game, @Soldi, @VoR, @ButterTart, @Queen of the Bay, @Pingu, @Suomi, @auretz, @Ill Advised, @Kevin7, @dmlaw, @Haiku, @Madison, @Diddy, @ZenGiraffe, @Music, @Tisch)
1 x 0 (@David 5000)

Last edited:
Utterly amazing. Such a shame Georgia never came close to it again.

SAAAAAAILING THROUGH!
MY STORY!
SHAAAARING
MY HISTORY!

:disco::disco::disco:

Belarus next!

6th: Ruslan Alekhno - Hasta la vista (47pts)
3e7d6930543f2c94dccbeb519c2798e6--eurovision-songs.jpg

Pint-sized leather-chapped non-wonder Ruslan jumps his way into last with this energetic but otherwise unremarkable fare. Eastern Europe got itself a nasty addiction to this brand of sludgy cock rock post-Lordi, and it took a good few years of basically every nation that tried it on failing to make it out of the semis before they got the message and returned to far more appropriate fare, like women entering the stage via giant discoballs in glitterdresses, or hilariously camp sleazebags drawling heavily-accented nonsense about cheesecake.

As this sort of thing goes it isn't actually that bad, but evidently, there's plenty else we'd much rather be talking about. Onwards!

2 x 10 (oh, go on, GUESS :basil:)
9 x 0 (@Penelope, @win_the_game, @Suomi, @David 5000, @Haiku, @Madison, @Diddy, @Music, @Tisch)

Quite large amounts of incorrectness from the voters there.

Which means...

1st: Sopho Khalvashi - Visionary Dream (216pts)
sopho-of-georgia-performs-her-song-visionary-dream-at-the-finals-of-picture-id74134932

Take your To nie ja!s, hold your My Star's, leave your Day After Day's at the door - it's hard to think of an opening bow entry more striking, accomplished, and immediately recognisably reflective of its national culture than this soaring, orchestral, freaked out wonder. Madonna would've locked herself in William Orbit's car to get this on Ray of Light.

What a fantastic description ; NAILED IT!

It’s such a little curiosity, as if it lives in its own contest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom