Moopyvision 2010-2019 Round 4: Greece, Latvia & Norway - RESULTS!

I would like to point out that it’s not ME who’s been sending death threats to @Jacques. I’ve talked to the ball to enquire as to the identity of the wicked internet queen in question and I’m shocked and agogged to discover that it’s @Suomi :shock:

How rubbish :(

I was wondering what became of Margo. Somewhat inevitably, she's now a mum. Bloody kids ruining everything. (Not that she was exactly a workaholic before :evil:)

Voting a bit slow so far this week. I'm sure it'll pick up closer to the deadline but c'mon guys, this is a (mostly) good week!

What a SUPERB ROUND! LOADS that took me by surprise this week - and alongside all those DELECTABLE CLASSIQUES!

THROWING MYSELF OFF A BRIDGE NOW in tribute to Latvia :disco: :disco: :disco:

Reactions: Zu
I wanted to give 12 to four of the Norwegian songs and three of them are potential best of the year kinda moments

(And as much as I hate him, “That’s How You Write a Song” is irresistibly catchy, it almost made my top 5 :shy:)

Norway was a CHORE to get through. One of my least favourite Eurovision nations.

I’m completely the opposite in feeling - I think Norway have been one of the overall best not just this decade, but ever! Greece was a bloody nightmare

It’s a shame how downhill Greece have gone whilst most others have stepped up their game. They had no less than four entries in the ‘00s that are better than anything from the past decade.

Just a note, I’m going to have to be quite strict on the 12.noon Sunday deadline this week if you want same-day results, as I have plans in the evening. (No, not another ill-advised work night bender)

Greece and Latvia were pretty weak, especially Greece.

Norway however :disco: The top 2 was a huge moral dilemma.

Sweden have been dreadful for YEARS. Cynical trash and not even good cynical trash. The last genuinely decent thing they sent was ‘Undo’ FFS

Of this week's sultry selection, one country has FIVE songs I was more than willing to hear again, one country has TWO and one country has NONE AT ALL :disco:

But WHICH IS WHICH? :shock:

Sweden have been dreadful for YEARS. Cynical trash and not even good cynical trash. The last genuinely decent thing they sent was ‘Undo’ FFS
I can never forgive Sanna for the line ‘undo my sad.’ That sort of senseless butchery of the English language might fly for Moldova, but Sweden should want no part of it.

Poetic license dontchaknow, Captain. Well, that, or one of Kempe’s dwindling parade of eager beaver milky twinks told him it was the parlance du jour :(

Poetic license dontchaknow, Captain. Well, that, or one of Kempe’s dwindling parade of eager beaver milky twinks told him it was the parlance du jour :(

Milky twink? :gross:

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

Anyway, I've done Greece (and think I'm going to resent giving most of them any points at all).

I haven't got the strength for Latvia at the moment.

I can never forgive Sanna for the line ‘undo my sad.’ That sort of senseless butchery of the English language might fly for Moldova, but Sweden should want no part of it.
I didn't hate it as a lyric. Even if I did the song was lush.

Reactions: Zu
Perhaps she was using SAD the acronym.
That was my first thought, but surely the natural rhyming couplet would have been "Undo my SAD/Turn that light box up a tad".
I don't hate it as a song, but I'd be lying if I said that line didn't lose it a few points in my ranking.

Reactions: D5K
Norway was so much better than the other two it's ridiculous.

Sent my Norway votes. I'm still not sure if I've done the right thing between my 10 and my 12.

Greece is fucking lucky I got food poisoning and not going out tonight because I'll get to listen to all their entries at least TWICE.

Sent. I've had a bitch of a week and working today so had to rush that on the train.

@VoR just take the points for Latvia and Norway in the order they're written down in (which I promise is not random :D)

Norway not as good as I remember, but then it was a bit of a quick fire run through. Let's be honest it's only the top 2 that matter one jot there anyway

Reactions: VoR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom