Mylene Farmer - L'EMPRISE era

So here is my ridiculous Mylene Farmer gig story...

I met @Sheena and his friend in Brussels yesterday and had a lovely afternoon, over the course of which I drank two beers, with food.

Then pre-gig we headed back to Sheena's AirBnB so he could have a shower and change. On the way, we dipped into an off licence and I grabbed two more beers, regular bottle size, which I drank at a similarly leisurely pace.

We get an Uber to the gig, and almost immediately on arrival I become totally, blackout drunk. To the point where poor Sheena ultimately has to put me down to the side (it was a standing venue).

I remember nothing, but at some point I either left or got kicked out (unclear) and fortunately had the presence of mind to get a very expensive taxi back to my hotel the next town over.

Understandably I wake up quite embarrassed. Message Shee who confirms that I didn't appear to be drinking too much and I went from zero to total mess in a matter of minutes. We both agree that it's very strange. Anyone who's spent time with me will know that I'm certainly more than capable of getting myself into that sort of state, but I'm actually a lot more careful in recent years and much better at pacing myself and paying attention to my limits.

At this point I'm totally confused and genuinely wondering if I might have been spiked (not by Shee or his friend I hasten to add!)

On the off-chance, Shee takes a look at one of the two bottles I drank at his flat pre-gig, and thus the mystery is solved.

The bottle:

1690103490316.png

:nononono:

Last edited:
I also looked up the Duvel beer you had in the pub- 8.5%!

Oh Christ! Again, didn’t even cross my mind to check!

I remember moaning to you about the size of it too!

“You don’t get much bang for your buck with this one!” :basil:

Last edited:
Oh Christ! Again, didn’t even cross my mind to check!

I remember moaning to you about the size of it too! ”You don’t get much bang for your buck with this one!” :basil:

Imagine if you’d had a pint :D

• Haha
Reactions: VoR
Belgian beer is definitely not to be messed with, I had a whole raft of nights like that during my year abroad in Brussels :D

• Care
Oh God, I also can recount a tale or two with Belgian beer - but at least it didn't cause full-blown dégénération during a concert. It really does hit you like a truck cause you don't quite see it coming.

That's a bummer @VoR :(

• Care
Tonight has reminded me why I am a Mylène stan.

EN SOMME JE SUIS PATHETHIQUE :disco:
YAY!

And YES to Paris 2024. Join me again my LOVES for Round 2 :disco:

rumour has it Queen will be mixing up the setlist

(Still been listening to pretty much NOTHING else but MylMyl since my Lyon gig)

L'EMPRISE title track is such a life affirming song by the way.

Mais L'AAAAAAAAventure EST UN REGNE :disco:

Que l'aube est belle:

Not exactly putting me into the foetal position. Enveloped by her usual sensual French fog, very cinematic strings, which are the only reason I'd go back to it on first listen.

Oops I'm listening to the title track! It's fucking excellent.

In the words of Britney in Overprotected:

In the words of Danielle Jane Minogue telling Kylie to F off:

THIS IS IT:

I wonder if she wrote this in a queue. I know what I'll be singing next time I need to obscenely stand and wait for something ever again.

Honestly, I have needed this song in my life today. The heavens are opening and swallowing me whole. This is just gorgeous, usurping swooshes of unprecedented levels of My'

How can songs this good exist sometimes? It's a life-lifting, shirt-lifting, New Order riffing, mystifying thing of wonder. I feeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeel it :disco:

I actually can't listen to the next tracks right now. There's just no way they're going to be as good. Soz My' etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom