Next Tory leader/ UK Prime Minister (2022)

Least disgusting?

• Total voters
Oh AS IF he'd win :D

And if he does, bring it on! EVERYONE thinks he's a bumbling idiot, even the people who vote for him, I imagine!
Great swathes of the public seem to like him for some fucking reason :argh:

I genuinely wonder if their marketing agencies are full of left-wing creatives who are laughing all the way to the bank while flogging career-destroying videos and viral marketing concepts to the bunch of clueless cunts.

“Trust us Rishi. This endorsement template is going to trend so hard! People will love it!”

That exclamation mark is setting me off.

“Ready for Rish!”

Eh!?!

It really is a free for all, which is hopefully a great thing. The party clearly has no obvious candidate or alternative vision. What a hilarious mess.
Sunak is fairly obvious as a candidate at this point in terms of his nominations lead. Not guaranteed as a win but you'd make him a decently strong favourite about now.

If nothing else, a bit of it is because Truss is probably the candidate with the best chance of getting to the final round and beating him out with the membership, and she's doing surprisingly hesitantly on nominations now Badenoch's eating some of her lunch. Fair chance of her getting knocked out by fluke because she isn't necessarily showing the strength you'd want at this stage to guarantee your road if you're counting on a path of raking all the votes in from eliminated candidates in the final run-off.

Last edited:
:D at Steve Baker saying he loves Jacob Rees-Mogg like a brother (dubious as to whether JIM'S brother could love him like a brother) but he shouldn't stand for leader as he couldn't win an election. Sounds like he is panicking about Su's vote being split.

Latest ConHome poll (sorry it isn’t clearer). Suspect if Morduant or Badenoch (and this poll plus the Gove endorsement may give her some momentum) make the final two then they win.
790363F3-6D76-4FE4-A606-624AEB745A0A.jpeg

I'm not sure all this talk of tax cuts is going to touch the sides. Bills have gone up way more than a few tax cuts will touch.

Threshold for nominations will be 20

Ballots on Wednesday and Thursday. 30 needed to get through.

Pretty sure Gove is well known to be one of the more poorly closeted homos in Westminster so… :D

Braverman showing just how nasty she is (and it is baseless assertion).

C88841FD-1764-46F7-9E21-D2ACE674E0C3.jpeg

I didn’t realise the first vote was as early as WEDNESDAY!

she's probably the vilest of them all - AND the stupidest! she makes Pretty Priti look like the nation's FAIRY GODMOTHER.
Oh I wouldn’t go that far :eyes:

Braverman showing just how nasty she is (and it is baseless assertion).

View attachment 11355

There's like six unemployed people in the country at the moment. I got offered an entire WHEELBARROW FULL OF JOBS on the way to the Co-op earlier. Who does she think will fall for this?

There's like six unemployed people in the country at the moment. I got offered an entire WHEELBARROW FULL OF JOBS on the way to the Co-op earlier. Who does she think will fall for this?
I went to a job fair with the NHS a couple of weeks ago. If I'd been happy to take a band 2 (starting 19k) job, I was told I could pretty much take my pick of a whole range of jobs, and that's not because of my experience or qualifications - they are clearly absolutely desperate for staff in relatively junior admin and support roles. And there were lots in bands 3 and 4 as well.

So I don't think she's going after the unemployed. She's going after the disabled. Well, those that haven't committed suicide or died under the work capability assessment already.

Is he? He just gives CLUELESS STRAIGHT who needs his MUMMY to tie his shoelaces vibes to me...

Rishi Sunak, on the other hand, just SCREAMS to me.

Last edited:
So I don't think she's going after the unemployed. She's going after the disabled. Well, those that haven't committed suicide or died under the work capability assessment already.
Yes, this tracks. They are lurching towards full fascism so starving the disabled to death would be completely on brand.

OUR SU has always been as MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS but the attention she's gotten/ getting from her current role/leadership bid has seemingly pushed her over the edge.

STILL, not a chance in HELL.

I genuinely wonder if their marketing agencies are full of left-wing creatives who are laughing all the way to the bank while flogging career-destroying videos and viral marketing concepts to the bunch of clueless cunts.

“Trust us Rishi. This endorsement template is going to trend so hard! People will love it!”

Exhibit B

I went to a job fair with the NHS a couple of weeks ago. If I'd been happy to take a band 2 (starting 19k) job, I was told I could pretty much take my pick of a whole range of jobs, and that's not because of my experience or qualifications - they are clearly absolutely desperate for staff in relatively junior admin and support roles. And there were lots in bands 3 and 4 as well.

That and single parents with no free family support who can’t afford the astronomical costs of decent child care.

I often wonder what Tories think when they stumble upon moopy and find threads like these

Certaintly not any kind of epiphany that they've been HORRIBLY WRONG THEIR ENTIRE LIVES (well except one, welcome 'ome @Kratz ❤️)
I have asked myself many many times what was I doing ever thinking that party had actually detoxified itself and was able to face up to the issues of the 21st century.

I do know a few people who have also recanted (my parents for a start) but also some of the people who I worked with who, like me, were probably more suited to being in the Liberal Democrats but fell for Cameron’s centrisim.

For me the effect wasn’t to confirm my centrist views but to push me out to the left, which I think is less common. I genuinely shudder when I think of my time with the Tories now - every single moment of it is mortifying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom