Nicola Roberts - Cinderella's Eyes

L! O! VE!? or H! A! TE!?

• Total voters
I don't think Cinderella's Eyes was Girls Aloud lite, but it's closer to it than any of the other solo efforts.

Although perhaps not so much that as she is the only one of them who with her solo album showed that she understood what made them so great in the first place.

I just wish Crash with Richard X was out there.

What a missed :disco: opportunity.

Oh that last comment is bollocks- a Girls Aloud tour would sell like HOTCAKES.

And she can release independently. No one needs a record deal NOWADAYS.

Exactly! Look at Steps on both accounts!

Yeah, there seems to be a quiet critical renaissance happening with pure pop records, she could easily follow a British E•MO•TION template. The title track and Say It Out Loud both still sound really good.

I'm still waiting for Sarah to spearhead a new wave of UK punk after her memorable hard rock debut with Threads.

Please stop with any talk of a Girls Aloud reunion or tour, even entirely hypothetical. My Kylie pants simply cannot take the strain.

Reactions: Zu
I would literally KILL for a comeback. Another tour will happen- THEY ALWAYS DO!

Would Cheryl want to take part of it though? Isn't she happy being a MOTHER? :( I wonder if they would go ahead with a CHERYL-LESS tour.

I don't see another reunion ever happening. There's too much unresolved HATE. Also, aren't Xenomania pretty much defunct?

Xenomania don't need to be around for a tour, though.

And Cheryl of all of them loved the limelight too much to stay out of it for long. The "unresolved hate" will soon be put aside when they need the cash, believe me...

Even if Cheryl devotes herself to securing the existence of her people and a future for her white child, I'm sure the Butlins and freshers' party circuit will welcome Sarah, Kimberley and Javine with open arms for a Love Machine encore and free raffle.

Xenomania or (most likely) not, the money is in a tour, not new music. I think it will happen, but probably not for a few years.

I don't see another reunion ever happening. There's too much unresolved HATE.

What hate is there really though? Everyone hates Nadine and Nadine hates everyone, mostly because she is a massive cunt.

I dont think anyone hates Sarah but I think they just avoid her company for obvious reasons.

And the three divateers are inseparable of course.

Either way, I hope it happens :grin:

PLEASE can we not get into the tedious dissection over who hates who in Chimola /Sardine camps using who tweets who on their birthday as HARD EVIDENCE.

They all hate each other EQUALLY.

I imagine they all don't hate Sarah until they're back in the same room with her, holding her extensions with her face down the lav, keeping sharp objects and Kimba's OK! column out of her sight, etc.

Reactions: Zu
The thing is, everyone is underestimating the power of COLD HARD CASH and a need to be ADORED in the equation.

As it is, Cole is the only one with a solid media profile. Give it a couple of years and they'll be GAGGING for it...

Plastic Pop appear to be involved. Lovely two disc vinyl with all the bsides and some unreleased stuff would be marvellous.

Plastic Pop appear to be involved. Lovely two disc vinyl with all the bsides and some unreleased stuff would be marvellous.

Was gutted when they announced the one disc album but THERE WAS MORE TO THE STORY!

Two disc deluxe version announced with a second disc of the bsides, six (!) unreleased songs and an unreleased remix. (Oh and a load of old tat merchandise and fucking cassettes)

TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY!

Oh bugger, vinyl only? :manson:
I would’ve inhaled this on CD or DL

I was thinking it’s odd they’ve ignored the CD for this one, especially as they are doing cassettes.

Surely there will be a download option, though.

£35? Fuck me. Ach well, this will have to be done, I expect. Unless there's a download with all the extras, otherwise I'll go eco-friendly. :angel:

Ooh at the prospect of unreleased material, but I'm sorry if you are doing sodding coloured cassettes is a bloody CD too much to ask for?

I'll probably go for the vinyl but I don't think it is the best format for these kind of expanded releases.

Seeing 'Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime' as the first track on a side troubles me.

Aw I saw this earlier, so much love has clearly gone into it. I'm so happy there's a new wave of the Cherry Pop style model popping up to support these later-along pop releases.

Saying that - whilst not to my taste - I actually don't think the design is terrible as merch goes, but is there really going to be much demand for a £65 Nicola Roberts sweater? :D
img-9673-facetune-28-10-2021-14-33-39-2.jpg

Perhaps the PINK POUND is stronger than I thought :D

Crash.

I'm going to struggle with the wait for the moment and weight of the moment. Pop is undeserving of when she hits it out the park (which is far from always, but when you have Say It Out Loud, Memory of You, a moment in Call the Shots that opens a new dimension in space and time, and a legendary side ponytail, then really you cannot complain).

It didn't take me long to cave and order this. Nicola's (very short) clips and little track write ups for all the songs on Instagram completely sold it to me. Obviously the Richard X track, but the Dragonette and Biff ones too.

:disco:

:D at 'I purposely over cooked the vocals'

"Yo-Yo" being the first single I think would have been a better idea than "Beat Of My Drum" too.

Yaas. CD. Thank you very much indeed.

One thing tho'....

Containing the original album, this also includes a staggering TEN bonus tracks.

"Staggering" is doing a lot of work in that sentence. Is 10 bonus tracks really "staggering"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom