Nintendo Switch stuff

Will U?

• Total voters
I don't think I can bring myself to play a new Cuphead world. I'm still traumatised.

I find it HILARIE that the Xeno games got the BRITISHEST of BRITISHEST of VOs just because Nintendo America decided not to release the Wii original over there.

Reactions: COB
I'm not a big Xenoblade fan, but I do like that they use mostly UK regional accents rather than generic American anime voice acting. The cat people all have Welsh accents :D

Jenna Coleman does CAREER BEST work as Melia in Xenoblade 1 :eyes:

In the midst of all those announcements I did see that 2D Yokai Muramasa Demon Blade-like game was stealthily dropping today. Definitely keeping an eye on that.

Something looked off about the MK8 new tracks, like the finish was more akin to Tour than 8D. Still, that's basically double the base game. That will definitely make me play at least 6 more times over the next 2 years.

Very odd showing for Splatoon 3. I never played much of that mode and it looked identical to 2. And no date, so I don't expect before July unless it gets its own Direct presentation.

I've already pre-order Kirby, but that just got even more appealing to me.

Without announcing Mother 3 Nintendo has no shame making such a big deal over 2 games we've already got on the Wii, Wii U, 3DS, NES Mini and SNES Mini.

I'm glad Strikers is coming (and so soon). EA actually deserve a genuine football game on Switch to truly show them up though. It was a bit like looking at Switch 2 graphics on the intro and current Switch on the gameplay.

Switch Sports looked nice, but I wasn't around for the Wii and have zero nostalgia for it.

Klonoa got the excite, but the GBA game could also have gotten a remake inclusion too. The Disney Kong Racing could be fun, but I fear if other platforms are the base aim that it could just be a mess (I'll be too spoiled by MK to tolerate a lack of polish).

Given it's 30 years of Mario Kart i was secretly hoping for a compilation that included the arcade outings, but this was the biggest is less headline grabbing announcement for me.

I think I'm more interested in Kingdom Karts than the Mario Kart DLC. After playing the CTR remake I've really went off the gameplay of MK8, and I'm curious about the mechanics of a new kart racer.

Apparently Live A Live is getting a physical release, and the artwork is very nice:

There's also a Japanese trailer that features voice acting, so it seems like it's more than just a graphical update.

Chrono Cross is confirmed to be coming to all other platforms, including PC... so there will inevitably be a FFVII-style fan project to upscale the backgrounds and all that jazz (stuff like this already exists for the PS1 version via emulators, so the fan community is quite enthusiastic clearly :tongueout:)

Apparently Live A Live is getting a physical release, and the artwork is very nice:

There's also a Japanese trailer that features voice acting, so it seems like it's more than just a graphical update.

That Octopath Traveller engine is not going to pay for itself eh!

I still prefer the standard 2D look to this unless you are going to acknowledge its silliness like the Paper Mario games do, but if Square wants to redo half my English-patched J-RPG Super Famicom collection in this style I'm fine with it.

Distinct LACK of Enix remakes amongst all these Square announcements, especially after the stealth drop of Actraiser last time. There's been a fairly successful (/more than 10 people) online campaign by some of the developers and artists who worked on Terranigma to have it re-released, maybe they will get to all the Quintet games eventually. So much good stuff there :disco:

I'd LOVE a Terranigma rerelease, plus there's the weird quirk of it being one of the few (only?) JRPGs to come out in Japan and Europe but NOT North America which would be a good hook for the marketing.

I just am SO HAPPY we are finally getting Chrono Cross in the UK. I've waited about TWENTY YEARS to be able to play it (I tried on an emulator but gave up, for me it's really a sit on sofa and absorb sort of game, rather than hunch over your LAPTOP).

I really hope we finally get all the big name Square games we were CRUELLY DENIED all those years ago.
For a start, the obvious ones:
- Chrono Cross :disco: and give us Chrono Trigger on Switch too
- Xenogears
- Parasite Eve (I have actually played this on an emulator, but would love to give it another go on my TV)
- Final Fantasy Tactics (I have this on my iPad but GAVE UP as it was too fiddly to bother with, again need it on my tv)

• Love
Has there been any word on when the Nintendo 64 controller will be back in stock for Switch? I long to re-play Ocarina of Time but I just cannot be fannied with the awkward button re-mapping on the standard Switch controller.

I don't think so sadly, apparently they WILL be restocked but the last date I heard was just a nebulous "2022" :(

I just am SO HAPPY we are finally getting Chrono Cross in the UK. I've waited about TWENTY YEARS to be able to play it (I tried on an emulator but gave up, for me it's really a sit on sofa and absorb sort of game, rather than hunch over your LAPTOP).

I really hope we finally get all the big name Square games we were CRUELLY DENIED all those years ago.
- Xenogears
- Parasite Eve (I have actually played this on an emulator, but would love to give it another go on my TV)
- Final Fantasy Tactics (I have this on my iPad but GAVE UP as it was too fiddly to bother with, again need it on my tv)
This is such a post of life :disco: I'd love all these on the Switch too, though Parasite Eve is allegedly in some sort of RIGHTS HELL as it was an adaptation of a novel :(

HOWEVER, at least one of your dreams might be realised :o Final Fantasy Tactics allegedly IS coming, but nobody knows if it's a simple port or more of a remaster... it's probably the game I've played the most across my entire life in terms of hours, and I'll absolutely do it all again immediately :D

- Xenogears
Lest we forget
IMG_20220216_183010184.jpg

• Care
F-Zero X boosting onto NSO 11 March.

I've already pre-order Kirby, so won't be downloading the demo. However, it's getting good word of inhale and there is also this:

FM8oqeaVUA8OvOB.jpeg

If the Oled model was all pink I'd actually splurge on it.

WTF is that? Just a pink cardboard box with a Switch inside?

*buys immediately*

I think we have it as part of the online expansion pack thing, so I'll give the new tracks a go tonight - can't wait to revisit the best Mario Kart track of them all, Coconut Mall :disco: 🥥

The Ninja track is the standout. I don't remember the Shroom DS track, but that was fun too. Coconut Mall was quite a looker on the Wii game (my favourite being that mountain motorway one), but here I think it looks quite basic in places, although bizarrely some sections look nice. Worst offender is that clouds one - it looks like a fan hack. I enjoyed them though, honest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom