Phil and Holly Moopy opinion poll

Do you like Phil and Holly?

• Total voters

Rita

User
This thread is not about The Queue specifically, but it has got everyone talking about tv’s second favourite double act and golden couple of daytime tv rather unfavourably, so I thought I would start a thread on what Moopy think of Phil and Holly.

I have always found them rather harmless and fun on what I have watched of them on This Morning. So yes, I like them for what they are, but know little about them outside of their tv work.

I have no objection to either and the whole fake story being built around this is just print and social media taking a pop at television. Add a dollop of good ol'; British misogyny and homophobia et VOILA.

I disagree, and think Holly especially shows great empathy when interviewing on This Morning. She genuinely seems touched by quite a lot of the more emotional segments on the show, and to me comes across as a genuinely lovely person.

I disagree, and think Holly especially shows great empathy when interviewing on This Morning. She genuinely seems touched by quite a lot of the more emotional segments on the show, and to me comes across as a genuinely lovely person.
Yeah she is lovely on the shows I've seen her on that I watch (like when she was filling in on I'm A Celeb). I'm just not the target audience of This Morning.

No, but feel free to file that under my general disdain for television personalities.

The queue thing is obviously nonsense, just vaguely amusing, but as the options are limited here I'd have to go with No. I don't dislike Holly, but I'm not fond or bothered enough to like her, either. I find her voice grating at worst and she's not especially interesting. A bit like Tess Daley.

Phillip, however, I do actively dislike. For years he ruined Dancing on Ice for me even when it wasn't utter shit (well...less turdy than now anyway). I always found his interviewing on that patronising, sanctimonious, really quite smug and of course very SHOUTY. Plus he always had this snarky way of trying to get a point across or get a rise out of someone.

On This Morning I found him similar although I know he isn't always like that. But generally it's a no from me.

I don't like Phil. I find him very annoying and a bit smug. Holly seems nice but dull. I don't watch morning TV so I'm probably not their audience.

I find it hard to have a strong opinion on either, given that I don't watch anything they feature on with any regularity. So with that sort of minimal exposure, they are too daytime bland to feel strongly either way about.

I find it hard to have a strong opinion on either, given that I don't watch anything they feature on with any regularity. So with that sort of minimal exposure, they are too daytime bland to feel strongly either way about.

Oh Lolly you disappoint. It was a comment you made ( I think it was you) that made me start this thread. :D

This Morning Hosts SURVIVOR when? :disco:

I seem to recall Fern Britton was a lot of fun but no doubt someone will say she's done or aligned herself with something dreadful

It's 2022, may as well expect the worst. Now where's my half empty glass..

Have added an indifferent option as that seems like the overwhelming opinion.

I seem to recall Fern Britton was a lot of fun but no doubt someone will say she's done or aligned herself with something dreadful

It's 2022, may as well expect the worst. Now where's my half empty glass..
She (Fern) had a book signing at one of the book stores near where I live the other day. :o I should go in and ask what them if she was terrible or not (not paying for a signed copy of her book as much I as like her) :disco:

I've never liked Schofield ever since he presented that daytime BBC show from a children's hospital, and he made a poorly child visibly embarrassed on live TV. The kids had been asked to draw Simpsons characters, and just because Schofield clearly didn't know who Krusty the Clown was he treated this poor little boy like he'd misunderstood the assignment when actually HE was ignorant and in the wrong. Sometimes that's all it takes to go off someone!

I didn’t mind Schofield until he decided he was “MR GAY PRIDE 2023” or whatever it was. And he blatantly fucked about on his wife without seemingly a care in the world.

I may well have been talking shit.

You said that Dan Wootton was one of the few who could have you feeling sympathy for Schofield. I thought you had some JUICE GOD DAMN IT!

I never really got the hate. But I don't care enough to defend them.

She seems lovely. He reminds me of my childhood. Aside from being closeted he's had a very lucky career.

I'll never forgive them for banning Lauren Harries from This Morning for bravely raising awareness of mental health. Eh eh eh!

It's rare for me to watch daytime TV unless something heinous or hilarious happens, but I find Phil and (sometimes) Holly's tone when they're doing their usual celebrity trainwreck gawp-fests to be very superior. Do they still turn up on air hanging the morning after those dreadful ITV back-slapping contests? How easy is it to score a bit of coke at the Pride of Britain awards?

Out of interest what mainstream tv presenters would come across as having better personalities? Most only read an autocue so it must be difficult to show any form of personality. The only one I can think of that is genuinely funny and a bit of a live wire is Alison Hammond, but she is also daytime so I assume goes down as bland too?

Bland goes with the territory for daytime TV, but with Alison Hammond the veneer doesn't overpower the personality.

Even though people don’t have time to watch daytime tv which is understandable as most people are busy throughout the day surely they are omnipresent on social media with This Morning segments to form an opinion?

Bland goes with the territory for daytime TV, but with Alison Hammond the veneer doesn't overpower the personality.

I don’t know. I have been watching a lot more day time tv recently and quite a few of the Loose Women are anything but bland. I don’t agree with a lot of what they say but they are certainly feisty and far from bland. Piers Morgan, again is a bit of a cunt but is anything but dull.

Out of interest what mainstream tv presenters would come across as having better personalities? Most only read an autocue so it must be difficult to show any form of personality. The only one I can think of that is genuinely funny and a bit of a live wire is Alison Hammond, but she is also daytime so I assume goes down as bland too?

Claudia Winkleman

And whatsherface off of Only Connect.

Well I don't know if they do daytime shows, but they could

I saw a fair bit of them, well in the background, during lockdown whilst working in the living room before daytime tv annoyed me so much I now have Radio 5 Live on instead. I always found Phil quite insincere and false. Not that I know him but that’s the impression I got. I almost like Holly but something is missing there. I preferred Eamonn and Ruth.

And Alison Hammond is very likeable, I think, but that's based on very little viewing. I'd assume she's already being lined up as a potential successor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom