Phil and Holly Moopy opinion poll

Do you like Phil and Holly?

• Total voters
Oh Kim Woodburn is ridiculous, extremely undignified (albeit rather camp in the process) and loses major points for frequently going on THAT channel but I think what she’s said is fundamentally true.

@GNL alluded a couple of days ago to the masterful campaign run by Team Willoughby in the last couple of weeks in the press to distance herself from him, which we saw the beginnings of during queue-gate with stories being fed to the same papers and the same journalists.

We absolutely don’t know the ins and outs of what has gone on, but considering how tight they have been in the past, the fact that it’s Phillip’s stock now plummeting with the general public that has caused her to essentially fire the final bullet just comes across as entirely self-serving.

He got a short tribute at the beginning of the show thanking him for his service to the show for the past 21 years. Would they do this if something career ending was waiting in the wings ready to come out? I must say Alison did look incredibly nervous and like she was ready to burst in to tears as she read the autocue.

I’m not sure there’s anything BIG about to emerge in the press. More just the stuff they’ve been sitting on for a few years that caused him to come out in the first place and people are talking about again in light of the developments about his brother.

He’s just stopped being the cuddly morning TV presence, his stock has been on the way down for months, and his position became completely untenable when he stopped having Holly’s backing.

He will be hosting The Soap Awards at the beginning of June and apparently has another peak time show with ITV in the pipeline.

He got a short tribute at the beginning of the show thanking him for his service to the show for the past 21 years. Would they do this if something career ending was waiting in the wings ready to come out? I must say Alison did look incredibly nervous and like she was ready to burst in to tears as she read the autocue.

A short tribute for all those years isn’t really much is it? It is clear that it has all ended on bad terms.

I was amused by The Guardian saying that the lovely tribute to Phil on today’s show treated him as if he’d DIED :D

Also It’s like going through mummy and daddy’s divorce all over again. We’re all QUIETLY DEVASTATED! Oh the PTSD! :shock:

I was amused by The Guardian saying that the lovely tribute to Phil on today’s show treated him as if he’d DIED :D

The ONE STAR REVIEW :D

20230522_160521.jpg

The Guardian are such stunt queens with their star ratings. get clicks bitch! :disco:

• Love
Reactions: Zu
I don’t watch it much anyway but I’m very disinclined to tune in if it’s drab old Dermot and an absence of highly unprofessional laughing fits driven by filthy innuendo and words emphasised incorrectly

It’s evil Tory nonsense like all daytime television. Only demented minds could sit through the entire show day in day out!

It’s evil Tory nonsense like all daytime television. Only demented minds could sit through the entire show day in day out!

“You know daytime television? You know what it’s supposed to be for? It’s to keep unemployed people happy. It’s supposed to stop them running to the social security demanding mad luxuries like cookers and windows.”

- Victoria Wood

“You know daytime television? You know what it’s supposed to be for? It’s to keep unemployed people happy. It’s supposed to stop them running to the social security demanding mad luxuries like cookers and windows.”

- Victoria Wood
'Pastry! I need PASTRY!'

Giving it one star out of 5. I didn't know reviewers rated single episodes of This Morning :D

They better review and rate The Soap Awards, which are next month.

'Pastry! I need PASTRY!'

"Ever had any problems with addiction, sniffing hair lacquer, for example?

She's a hairdresser, she has to sniff lacquer. That's like accusing Fatima Whitbread of sniffing javelins."

"Ever had any problems with addiction, sniffing hair lacquer, for example?

She's a hairdresser, she has to sniff lacquer. That's like accusing Fatima Whitbread of sniffing javelins."
'don't you think education would have helped you as a, and I mean this so kindly, Lorraine, a rather feeble and inadequate member of the proletariat'

I’m not sure there’s anything BIG about to emerge in the press. More just the stuff they’ve been sitting on for a few years that caused him to come out in the first place and people are talking about again in light of the developments about his brother.

He’s just stopped being the cuddly morning TV presence, his stock has been on the way down for months, and his position became completely untenable when he stopped having Holly’s backing.
This is probably it. He’s too old to forge a different path though. Thinking akin to Richard Bacon’s career, who was young enough to just go another way out of the mainstream.

'don't you think education would have helped you as a, and I mean this so kindly, Lorraine, a rather feeble and inadequate member of the proletariat'

"Carpet up the walls...

...it's Laura Ashley's Broadmoor Collection"

This is probably it. He’s too old to forge a different path though. Thinking akin to Richard Bacon’s career, who was young enough to just go another way out of the mainstream.
Richard Bacon was also sexy as shit, which helps. and all he did was a bit of GAK!

A short tribute for all those years isn’t really much is it? It is clear that it has all ended on bad terms.

21 years of service to This Morning and 30 seconds of OUR AL stuttering and grimacing whilst shakily reading the autocue wasn’t much at all, no. It’s all been very LOW KEY. I bet he is seething.

Also who doesn’t like to start the day with Good Morning Britain, followed by 3 hours of This Morning with Holly and Phil rounded off with an hour of 4 of Britain’s most FABULOUS, KNOWLEDGEABLE QUEENS on Loose Women?

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE. :disco:

I wholeheartedly agree

Who can really get through the day without their daily dose of DENISE WELCH?

Also who doesn’t like to start the day with Good Morning Britain, followed by 3 hours of This Morning with Holly and Phil rounded off with an hour of 4 of Britain’s most FABULOUS, KNOWLEDGEABLE QUEENS on Loose Women?

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE. :disco:
ih5LnEYKzhdV95UKPCNU5iwvLbM=.gif

Why do people care? We live in a celebrity obsessed World where the people of Britain probably care more about HOL AND PHIL than KING CHARLES AND HIS DRUNKEN OLD TART.

Left ITV and his agents?

I guess we WON'T all see him at the soap awards NEXT MONTH

I did like The Cube which Phillip presented, but never really liked either of them presenting This Morning. Willoughby finally seems to have left (edit: oh for the summer 😅) but hopefully not going on Strictly after that.
Yes, we are okay :D👋

Last edited:
The rags ran with a story that she just scuttled off and didn’t announce she was on her Summer break when she didn’t turn up for the Monday gig on This Morning but then Holly posted on her socials that her father in law had passed away. 🤦‍♀️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom