Random deep/disco/funky/piano house tunes

@Jark It’s your nu disco thread bebs :D I keep saying to move it into the dance forum cos it’s in the pop forum and I can never find it either! It’s a great thread

I’ll find it and send it to @Soldi to move, I mean he’s not busy.
I’m on my break during a 12 hour shift THANK YOU :angry:

oops :D I'm such a philanthropist, I'm out here giving my threads away like TOYOTAS on OPRAH.

These are also from past few weeks and are great, I'm playing catch up

Oxygen is a huge banger - can't wait to listen to this. and new Kings of Tomorrow / Sandy Rivera?! Yas queen!!!

will report back tomorrow 😽

both Hard Feelings tracks after Holding On Too Long have been so disappointing. not feeling Down either. I need some hot new house in my life!

That was ALMOST my ASFM pick :D

I was ALMOST hating you there hun. Can you IMAGINE

:DeathToAllOfThem:

not being an ASFM queen, I have no such concerns :D you should've picked it tho!

Feels like classic funky house music is making a bit of a comeback. Remember these disco loops? So 1999:

I prefer the original but I appreciate how much this remix screams mid 90s

Loving the Jody Watley remix EP she’s done with Alex Di Cio, very lush. ‘Whenever’ and ‘More’ are great.

TONNES of dance tracks released this past weekend. Just catching up now. These are the standouts

@Ag I've pegged you for the Ben Helmsley one. Aside from the obvious sample the production screams 1993/94

The 1999-ness of this though! Still weird feeling funky house back, it doesn't feel old school enough for me yet (but it obviously is)

the new-ish Chris Malinchak album is a thoroughly unchallenging listen but it's actually very melodic and lovely in a faceless bops kinda way.

parts of it are very "Ibiza at any time in the last 25 years". 🌊

Closer Every Day sounds a bit like Wake Me Up (the vocal anyway). In My Eyes with (indie dance kween) Kiesza and Cellophane are both fantastique.

@Pipo @OutSynk @ManicKangaroo @FetchFugly @funky @RJN @Tisch

the new-ish Chris Malinchak album is a thoroughly unchallenging listen but it's actually very melodic and lovely in a faceless bops kinda way.

parts of it are very "Ibiza at any time in the last 25 years". 🌊

Closer Every Day sounds a bit like Wake Me Up (the vocal anyway). In My Eyes with (indie dance kween) Kiesza and Cellophane are both fantastique.

@Pipo @OutSynk @ManicKangaroo @FetchFugly @funky @RJN @Tisch

Liking this. Thanks (as always @Jark-y baby :disco:) Basic beats, but the underlying funk is rather splendid.

I’m getting a bit sick of producers making these power anthems and then getting moody millennials to sing on them. Those tracks need big diva vocals!

This is FRENETIC but I kinda love it. Basically a cover/rework of Whitney’s So Emotional

Has this been posted here? I'm not sure what genre it is but it sounds like it could have been a hit in 2001

@funky @Jark @anyone else

Yeah it’s great, just started to be added to radio now, could be big

I’ve kinda ignored it for the most part though because I discovered the original it’s based on and it’s so much better to me - melancholic new wave with moody guitar. Yes please!

Oh I like that too, but prefer the remix/cover. Very Tame Impala

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom