Saturday has the house to itself

Clearing out my loft and I have a life size Kylie cutout from work. I really don't need it, but it just feels so wrong to recycle her :(

Clearing out my loft and I have a life size Kylie cutout from work. I really don't need it, but it just feels so wrong to recycle her :(

SELL HER! That's got ebay £££ all OVER IT!

Also I'm feeling so rough full of cold, barely slept last night. I'm waiting in the car park while little Dannii does ballet and then off to take little Kylie swimming. I could do with a duvet day!

Also Shee, any tips for books? I've got a sh*t load to sell/ get rid of. Seems even charity shops don't want them anymore.

I had a lifesize Janet Jackson Design of a Decade in my bedroom when I was younger. I loved it, but once I took too many drugs and on the comedown, she started speaking the words to "Love Will Never Do Without You" in a very posh British accent over and over again and it freaked me out so much, I had to get rid of her.

Cue 20 years later and last year we clear out my Mum's loft when she was going into the home- Janet appears from the recesses, rotten from damp and with half her face sliding off. I shudder just to think about it.

I SWEAR IT WAS HAUNTED.

Last edited:
It's the postage though! It's 5ft 1.
You live near London- I can almost guarantee someone will do a collection for that.

Or you'll be able to DHL it.

Seriously, that could be worth good money if its in good nick.

Also Shee, any tips for books? I've got a sh*t load to sell/ get rid of. Seems even charity shops don't want them anymore.

Car boot? Always seem to be popular- particularly if they're kids. Kids ones in a bundle on Facebook Marketplace- though you do have to deal with people who go on Facebook Marketplace :D

Or otherwise, find a charity bin to throw them in- local to us, the British Heart Foundation has loads of book/media bins on street corners.

Car boot? Always seem to be popular- particularly if they're kids. Kids ones in a bundle on Facebook Marketplace- though you do have to deal with people who go on Facebook Marketplace :D

Or otherwise, find a charity bin to throw them in- local to us, the British Heart Foundation has loads of book/media bins on street corners.

The kids ones I've done via bundles on Facebook, they've all gone - but you're right about market place. I've been selling loads of things like their cot bed and I'll write 'Cot bed bought for £320 and mattress purchased for £150, selling both for £40' and people will reply offering £10 for it :manson:. One asked me if I could deliver something I was giving away for free, I said no as I don't have time. She replied with a barrage of abuse calling me all sorts and that I was discriminating against those without a car.

I did a few giveaway things of my Mum’s and it was a fucking nightmare. People are just awful.

I remember I had a (actually really hot) Lithuanian guy turn up and take an almost brand new £750 fridge off me for £200. He asked why I was selling and I said my mum had gone into a home. His English was really poor and he said “your mum is gone? Oh I am so sorry…” and before I could correct him, added “but did she have washing machine?”

:D

A quick ebay check suggests Kylie store displays for the albums are big business- a Let's Get To It one sold for £99 a couple of weeks ago. I presume they'd be a bit more popular cause they are more iconic than Specsavers (!) but equally, there's no record of any sales of those, so they seem rarer.

I have a Madonna branded Mulberry notebook somewhere. Some loon must want to buy that!

I'm gonna go to some of the little outdoor library boxes today and leave the books I'm getting rid of in them. They're always a bit empty.

We've got one of those little library houses in the road behind ours, and it's well used. Plus the local Co-Op has a table for books, and the old council housing office opposite Co-Op has been turned into to a kind of community centre/ art space, and they are taking them as well.

Oh. Come. On!!!!!!
Screenshot_2024-02-17-09-56-21-57_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Hi Moopy.

I'm searching for inspiration for my bedroom, I want to redecorate. So far all I have is a black lampshade with gold lining and cut out bits.

I'm having the same issue with a Queen cut out at the shop. Maybe we should set up a life size cut out club :o

I'm having the same issue with a Queen cut out at the shop. Maybe we should set up a life size cut out club :o
It's not the same issue at all. It's 100% appropriate to recycle the Queen.

Did I tell Mopsy that I’m MOVING?

…practically around the corner. I finally bit the bullet to move into a bigger place. I’ve been in rental status quo since I moved back up north because I was in a cheap small flat waiting to figure out whether I would go back to London or get a perm job in Liverpool.

Anyway thanks to Covid fast forward 5 years and I’m still waiting so it’s time to get something better. London might still happen but in the meantime I get a garden and a garage and a driveway and a second bedroom and so on. Exciting!

I put some time aside this morning to do some distraction free reading and editing of a massive backlog of content for the magazine and I've found 3 hours worth of other things to do before even coming on moopy 🙃

In other moving news I move back to Manchester next weekend and have packed precisely NOTHING.

Moving stresses me out so much. This has so far been easy on the letting admin side but now I have so much to sort out with what I need and don’t need in the new place. It’s a completely different space. Plus I’ll want to decorate in this new place, I haven’t bothered here, I didn’t know I’d be here that long.

And don’t get me started on changing addresses. How many fucking things do we have attached to an address? Every time I think I’ve exhausted a very long list something else pops into my head.

I'm not moving but we are looking at Valencia in a year or two as a Spanish option. I love Barcelona and imagined moving there next, but I don't know about it as a family destination, we visited some of the places around like Casteldefels and felt a bit underwhelmed. Plus, its fucking expensive now.

I'm not moving but we are looking at Valencia in a year or two as a Spanish option. I love Barcelona and imagined moving there next, but I don't know about it as a family destination, we visited some of the places around like Casteldefels and felt a bit underwhelmed. Plus, its fucking expensive now.
I’m thinking of buying an apartment in Spain somewhere. I was thinking Sitges, near Barcelona but it’s so expensive now. Plan is to rent it on Airbnb when we’re not there. Other options are somewhere around Málaga or Gran Canaria, i.e the gay friendly places

Ooh I LOVE Valencia!

Oh god the topic of moving...

We had a serious water leak in our old flat just before moving, water supply was cut off and had to vacate the property because of it and go back to family home. We were left without water for over a week.

The landlord tried to dispute paying the deposit back because the flat "wasn't clean enough" even though we tried our best and, I repeat, HAD NO WATER.

I kicked off and the deposit went into my account yesterday. Cheeky twat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom