Saturday has the house to itself

Yarmouth isn't THAT close to you anyway is it? Is the fear that people will be touring the island and go there before coming to you?
It's 13 miles from us, which on the island is big. But yeah there's the chance people will go there first. Although I think generally if people come to the island they go everywhere, and hopefully if their fudge is good, people will buy it, eat it, come to Cowes and want more.

To be honest I don't really know how much people visit Yarmouth. There's not much there.

Where would most people get the ferry into? I feel like when we went we stopped in Cowes and that was the main destination as a day trip.

Where would most people get the ferry into? I feel like when we went we stopped in Cowes and that was the main destination as a day trip.
If you're getting the car ferry then the most common ports are Fishbourne near Ryde, or East Cowes, they go from Portsmouth or Southampton.

There is a car ferry from Lymington to Yarmouth.

Passenger ferries go from Portsmouth or Southampton to Ryde or Cowes.

If you're getting the car ferry then the most common ports are Fishbourne near Ryde, or East Cowes, they go from Portsmouth or Southampton.

There is a car ferry from Lymington to Yarmouth.

Passenger ferries go from Portsmouth or Southampton to Ryde or Cowes.
We went on a passenger ferry from Southampton.

You're in Cowes, aren't you? So hopefully you'd get more of a footfall for tourists anyway.

We went on a passenger ferry from Southampton.

You're in Cowes, aren't you? So hopefully you'd get more of a footfall for tourists anyway.
You'd have got the red jet, which is very popular with foot passengers.

Yep we're in Cowes. Near the passenger ferry but also near the floating bridge which connects to East Cowes where the car ferry docks.

I definitely think we have more footfall.

To be honest I'm not overly concerned anymore, I'm more pissed off that they've completely ripped Roly's off and are advertising as "not a chain" in what feels like an attempt to put us down.

They're not even islanders!

You'd have got the red jet, which is very popular with foot passengers.

Yep we're in Cowes. Near the passenger ferry but also near the floating bridge which connects to East Cowes where the car ferry docks.

I definitely think we have more footfall.

To be honest I'm not overly concerned anymore, I'm more pissed off that they've completely ripped Roly's off and are advertising as "not a chain" in what feels like an attempt to put us down.

They're not even islanders!
Personally, I'd have thought as Roly's you can claim to have the best of both worlds - national recognition (in England at least), but a locally owned and managed franchise winning national taste awards. Big that up in your social media.

I don't remember the last time I went somewhere that had a Roly's and didn't buy from there. Well, apart from Bath where I'm there many times a year - but certainly if I'm somewhere new and I see a branch, I go in. I've definitely bought from Torquay, Exeter, Looe, Paignton and Polperro at least like that, because I love the fudge and I know exactly what I'm getting - and it is expensive to the point that I'd be pissed off if I spent £6 or so on a bag and didn't enjoy it.

Personally, I'd have thought as Roly's you can claim to have the best of both worlds - national recognition (in England at least), but a locally owned and managed franchise winning national taste awards. Big that up in your social media.

I don't remember the last time I went somewhere that had a Roly's and didn't buy from there. Well, apart from Bath where I'm there many times a year - but certainly if I'm somewhere new and I see a branch, I go in. I've definitely bought from Torquay, Exeter, Looe, Paignton and Polperro at least like that, because I love the fudge and I know exactly what I'm getting - and it is expensive to the point that I'd be pissed off if I spent £6 or so on a bag and didn't enjoy it.
Actually that's a good point. It is expensive I admit, but you do know what you're getting. And most of our customers who know the brand so always say "Ive been to your *insert a place that she Roly's* shop and bought there". Then they buy from us.

I think we're going to do a "meet the team" post soon and talk about us all and how much we love the island and have lived here for years, and we employ locals etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom