Saturday has the house to itself

For those of you who are moving any time soon I sincerely wish you the best of luck, I may stay in my current property FOREVER because I just can't bare the stress of moving again. It's horrendous although with all due respect in my circumstances it just seemed to be a real stroke of bad luck after bad luck.

I’m thinking of buying an apartment in Spain somewhere. I was thinking Sitges, near Barcelona but it’s so expensive now. Plan is to rent it on Airbnb when we’re not there. Other options are somewhere around Málaga or Gran Canaria, i.e the gay friendly places

Sitges is very pretty but one of the reasons we left Ibiza was the off season being really quiet, and all those places between Sitges and Barcelona centre seemed a bit dead when we went to explore. I guess anywhere outside of major cities will have seasonality in a country that is so heavily dependent on tourism, but its something I want to avoid.

Ooh I LOVE Valencia!

I've visited a couple of times but to go to techno nights and get twatted, and we stayed a night there driving over to Ibiza but didn't really explore as we were knackered and had a <1 year old Ron Jr in tow. So need to go and explore it with less ket in my nostrils. That said, I liked what I've seen so far and with a proper airport it should be easy to come back to the UK to see family and friends.

Oh god the topic of moving...

We had a serious water leak in our old flat just before moving, water supply was cut off and had to vacate the property because of it and go back to family home. We were left without water for over a week.

The landlord tried to dispute paying the deposit back because the flat "wasn't clean enough" even though we tried our best and, I repeat, HAD NO WATER.

I kicked off and the deposit went into my account yesterday. Cheeky twat.

All landlords are cunts. Our last one tried to do us for £3500 over fuck all.

All landlords are cunts. Our last one tried to do us for £3500 over fuck all.
It really is true, I try to think otherwise but there is little evidence to suggest so.

I went back to him and said how the FUCK were you expecting me to give the flat a deep clean without water? He soon saw sense. Also, it was clean! I was raised by an OCD mother who irons pillowcases, trust and believe my cleanliness is fine.

Now I just need to decide how Karen I’m feeling about putting in a claim over the absence of water for over a week.

Honestly I’m at a point in my life now where I just can’t be arsed fighting over anything. Leave me to a quiet life and I’ll do the same for you. That’s exactly how I am now.

I have a letter from the council that tells the landlord he must basically DEMOLISH my flat when I move out, so if he has the AUDACITY to try and claim any of my deposit I’ll lose my fucking mind.

When we moved out of our flat, the landlady had the audacity to withhold 100% of our deposit too for "cleaning" (and this was after approx two months of radio silence from her). The joke wasn't just that we'd left the place spotless, but that we'd moved into it in practically an UNLIVEABLE condition, and had paid through our own pocket to give it a lick of paint and some minor repairs upon moving in. She was always swanning off somewhere and didn't visit the flat once during our two year tenancy so I'm pretty sure she never bothered visiting between tenants either. Just sent a standard email about "cleaning" and hoped we wouldn't be arsed to fight her.

Our last landlord was such a fucking prick. We didn't mind the wife, but as Mr Ag says she was just an enabler for his prick-ish tendencies.

He took our whole deposit despite flogging the house after we left. He'd added a clause into a tenancy agreement about three years in saying all the deposit would be claimed back for repairs. We genuinely considered suing him, but my lawyer said while it was shitty it wasn't illegal.

He also sent me a series of sweary angry messages once because I had the audacity to complain that nothing had been done to fix the boiler. We'd had three days with no hot water!

He worked in finance and that seemed to be his whole personality. So it was quite funny to us that he clearly needed the £900 deposit.

Our current setup is entirely with a letting agency. Any problems are normally fixed within a couple of hours. Would recommend.

My apartment is in a house that has been converted into 3 units. My landlord lives in the unit above me, which sounds terrible, but has actually been great. He's very friendly and introduced me to a couple of the neighbors

If I say he was a Greek Cypriot from East London you've probably got a very accurate image of who he is.

My roommate has left and a random guy is moving in at the beginning of March. He seems nice and clean, but it still makes me nervous. I texted him that I'm gay, which made me feel like being in high school a bit

Our last agents went bust without telling us, set up a new company across the road and never returned our deposit. Still nothing a year later. :)

Our new ones are lovely though and have been on it with everything we've needed.

My social anxiety is kicking into high gear today and the rain isn't helping.

I think I need to curl up for a bit but i have a party in a few hours. :(

First World problems etc.

My social anxiety is kicking into high gear today and the rain isn't helping.

I think I need to curl up for a bit but i have a party in a few hours. :(

First World problems etc.
Stay at home. Grab a hot water bottle, order a pizza and watch some absolute shite. Fuck parties in February.

Stay at home. Grab a hot water bottle, order a pizza and watch some absolute shite. Fuck parties in February.
It's my boyfriend's friend's birthday and I'd feel bad missing it as I'm not going to one in a few weeks. It will be fine but I'll be all nervey from now until mid way through the night.

My stupid laptop has forced me to have Outlook for my emails, I've been clicking the X for days and staying with my usual email thing but it's forced the issue now. It appears to be downloading every email I've ever had on my two addresses. My inbox for one of them is up to 2700 emails already and it's still going. I hate technology.

I have to go to a 90s birthday party tonight, complete with a party bus.

Really don't want to go.
Is it fancy dress? If so I feel for you.

One way to ensure I don’t show up to your party is to enforce fancy dress.

I have a letter from the council that tells the landlord he must basically DEMOLISH my flat when I move out, so if he has the AUDACITY to try and claim any of my deposit I’ll lose my fucking mind.
Get your argument ready! They are SCUM.

Are you doing the theme? I'm supposed to be leaving for a "movie character" themed party in 20 minutes but I haven't thought about a costume yet
Rub some blood on your face, soil on your crotch, and go as Saltburn.

Make sure to hang around the bathroom and then dance naked at the end of the night to Janet Ellis' Daughter

Are you doing the theme? I'm supposed to be leaving for a "movie character" themed party in 20 minutes but I haven't thought about a costume yet
It's 90s and I'm wearing double denim.

Minimal effort and it's probably more 2000s but too late.

Rub some blood on your face, soil on your crotch, and go as Saltburn.

Make sure to hang around the bathroom and then dance naked at the end of the night to Janet Ellis' Daughter
That’s too much like my normal look for anyone to notice

You don't have copyright over the way it's made, do you?

I know Edward's in Teignmouth (where there also used to be a Roly's about 100m away) does it exactly the same as well. Is their 'perfect consistency' crumbly as well?
No I don't think we do have copyright. And yes I think it is crumbly. Which is annoying but I can't do much about it I guess. Just hope they don't have too much of an impact 🤞

No I don't think we do have copyright. And yes I think it is crumbly. Which is annoying but I can't do much about it I guess. Just hope they don't have too much of an impact 🤞
You'd be shit on Dragons Den.

London moopers I need advice.

I'm off to London in 2 weeks for the night before going to Paris. With mandy and my step sister.

We are staying in the St Pancras area. Where is fairly decent to go for drinks in the evening? I don't want super loud because I'm old. Mandy's seen a coyote ugly bar she wants to go to but I'm not so sure...

Yarmouth isn't THAT close to you anyway is it? Is the fear that people will be touring the island and go there before coming to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom