Sophie Ellis Bextor’s Friday Night Disco

you’re still able to view it now!

Lots of fun. I didn’t know I wanted to see SEB doing Groovejet at home clutching a toddler, but it happened

Family von Trapp holding on by a thread. :D

That was wonderful, cheered me right up. We were spoiled this week with If You Go AND Bittersweet, looking forward to some more DEEP CUTS

I was completely unaware of the True Faith cover, now I see she has actually recorded it ! :disco:

The baby rising to his feet around 17.07 to get into the intro of Bittersweet is so cute. Also she clearly loves being a mum, “he’s TRANSFIXED by the music” during another song about one of the other kids was funny too.
The interactions with the family are so funny. " Do a knee slide Jessie!" "DONT PLAY WITH THE ROUTER" :D Dodging effortlessly between 5 or 6 family members and still delivering vocals.

I was completely unaware of the True Faith cover, now I see she has actually recorded it ! :disco:

I thought it sounded like her own backing so looked it up and found it on that Radio 2 80s covers album, also featuring Kylie's Bette Davis Eyes. I surely must have been aware of this and would imagine I have it on a hard drive somewhere but I guess the memory is not what it was.

Also YES at this getting its own thread.

I had a bit of a rewatch this evening. It has to be said that baby Mickey is completely adorable. I know Queen Bex would not approve but I can't help but mentally rank the coolness of the spawn of SEB.

Also I know Take Me Home, Groovejet and Murder are her three reserved hit spots, but I think Heartbreak could probably be rotated in semi-regularly to mix things up.

The song selection was a bit less iconic this week but Soph was as charming as ever, and I can only assume the children were well sugared as they were more enthusiastic than usual (except the eternally world weary child carrying Sonny).

I forgot about this (:o) until five minutes in so decided to catch up after. Looking at that return to peak form it needs to be on YouTube STAT

There’s been SO MUCH goodwill with this, it’s been a unintentional PR master stroke.

Watch her follow this up with another fucking folk album.

Isn't it meant to be an electro album (though an Ed Harcourt electro album)? After this she would be silly not to sneak in a bit of disco however.

What kind of viewing figures has she been pulling in for this?

It’s been increasing weekly but it’s roughly 4000 each time. I don’t know if that’s good or not though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom