Steps - Platinum Collection (NUMBER ONE ALBUM)

I would like the deluxe CD but haven't purchased yet. Was hoping/expecting some midweek discounts but the deluxe is sold out on their store and not due until sometime next month on Amazon.

Personalised individual signed CDs (do they ever stop?) on their website though - Claire the first gone as ever.

Oh well played Steps...

They've put out a couple of other completely arbitrary digital editions this morning, one of which includes the "Wembley Tour Mix" of Never Get Over You and a few other "Steps 25 Revisited" mixes (Deeper Shade Of Blue, Heartbeat and Summer Of Love).

I’ve noticed a few of those 25th anniversary mixes popping up on YouTube too, but they are properly edited videos so I guess they aren’t just getting flung out.

Mind you, the One for Sorrow one is 5 minutes of slow panning shots of the group doing the dance routine so I’m not sure we needed that :D (but the HD glow up of the main video is *chef’s kiss*

And the extended version of The Runner is on one of them too :disco:

As well as some random demos :D

I expect there’s more to come as it’s digital only for now.

I FEEL we need a STEPS PLATINUMCOLLECTION vs MADONNA FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE track vs trackette as well

Oh that’s fabulous news, I worried they were going to lose it at the last minute like EVERY SINGLE TIME

Also wasn’t convinced there was really enough appetite for a GH a) generally, and b) for Steps since there are two already out

Third Greatest Hits number one as well! That must be fairly unusual…

Third Greatest Hits number one as well! That must be fairly unusual…
They're hot on the heels of ABBA. 'Greatest Hits', Greatest Hits - Vol.2', 'The Singles: The First Ten Years' and of course ''ABBA Gold'.

HANG ON, now that they've got their number one the digital downloads aren't available any more?! Am I missing something?

HANG ON, now that they've got their number one the digital downloads aren't available any more?! Am I missing something?
They were taken off the website this morning. I bought them at 11.55pm last night when I remember that I hadn’t bought them. I guess it was a push to number one but it seems strange that they’ve gone when the other digital copies of the previous album are still available.

Last edited:
Can somebody make a gif of Lisa in the forklift please?
LSL-Forklift.gif

#20 in the chart update, but this being rather FRONT-LOADED is hardly a shock :D

Now chuck the digital exclusives on streaming

Yeah, they only got 800 from streaming last week, so essentially it’s all down to actual purchases that determines their charting, which after week one is hard - and only getting worse for these type of acts. There’s quite a few new entries above so hopefully a couple may be front loaded, and still being #3 on iTunes etc may at least mean not much lower than #20 by the end of the week.

There's also the fact that sales across the board are so low now, that the lower down the chart you go, the sales between places narrow. There were only about a thousand sales between #10 and #20 last week.

Kasabian fell from #1 to #34 last week, so hopefully they will steer clear or that level of bellyflop.

I saw Steps at their long-delayed acoustic show for What The Future Holds last night. Annoyingly they'd scheduled a second show focused on their Greatest Hits straight after, but I didn't stay for that.

Regardless, it was brief but a lot of fun.

The format was 5 songs interspersed with audience Q&A. H was predictably on rare form.

Audience member: Hi! I'm part of a Steps tribute act! My stage name is Faye Poseur ( :disco: )
H: I HAVE A DRAG NAME TOO! WANNA HEAR IT?
*Audience very mildly cheers*
H: JOANNA BUM-ME!

Lisa also got us very excited when she announced:
'This next song is one of my favourite song Steps have ever recorded...'
before causing a stampede to the bar when she followed up with:
'This is... Under My Skin!' :basil:

Setlist:

What The Future Holds
Something In Your Eyes (Faye noted 'We never expected this one to get as much of a reaction as it has!')
Under My Skin
Take Me For a Ride
Heartbreak In This City

Reactions: dUb
To be fair, Madge fell to about #17 and Aitch, who is much bigger on streaming, sank to #30 so I guess it isn’t that bad.

Makes you wonder how the industry is even working now, these big albums are immediately gone, and all this old stuff is just cluttering it up. And it’s hardly old albums, it’s just GH collections being kept afloat by catalogue listens feeding into it

Makes you wonder how the industry is even working now, these big albums are immediately gone, and all this old stuff is just cluttering it up. And it’s hardly old albums, it’s just GH collections being kept afloat by catalogue listens feeding into it
This is why no one should be surprised by SIDE HUSSLES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom