Steps - Platinum Collection (NUMBER ONE ALBUM)

I wish they'd gone for a ALL ENCOMPASSING FOUR VINYL EXTRAVAGANZA here, but hey ho.

I mean, the thought of Just Like The First Time on vinyl is TOO MUCH TO TAKE :disco:

I wish they'd gone for a ALL ENCOMPASSING FOUR VINYL EXTRAVAGANZA here, but hey ho.

I mean, the thought of Just Like The First Time on vinyl is TOO MUCH TO TAKE :disco:
I can totally imagine them sticking that out on release week to get a few extra sales in the bag - does seem like an odd missed opportunity for them otherwise!

Interview with Lisa & Faye

Faye: When we were growing up, it’d be the young gays at G-A-Y, when it was in London Astoria, with their tops off. Now, they’re in the audience with massive beards. They’ve gone from being the twinks to being bears now, and the love in the room is incredible.

:D :D :D

A Steps reading of The Runner might actually FINISH ME OFF for good.

Interview with Lisa & Faye

Faye: When we were growing up, it’d be the young gays at G-A-Y, when it was in London Astoria, with their tops off. Now, they’re in the audience with massive beards. They’ve gone from being the twinks to being bears now, and the love in the room is incredible.

:D :D :D

What an absolute legend.

If they do The Runner then it needs to be based on (or EXCEED) this mix or else I fear the Bananas will have them beat

• Love
Reactions: COB
OK I'll stop spamming and get back to work now, but here's the video:

Obviously fabulous, though they're spotlighting the reunion era singles quite heavily.

LOVE that the Faye rap from The Slightest Touch is included but my biggest takeaway is the ludicrously straightfaced 'I'm PUNCH DRUNK on your LOVE' spoken bit by LSL from the new single :D

That Megamix!!! :disco::disco::disco:
What a tour de force - that’s definitely up there with the Satz one.

And it’s great to see the reunion singles going toe to toe with the classics, it really has been a fantastic comeback.

Tempted to name One For Sorrow my favourite pop song of the 90s, that nostalgia smacked me in the face like a sledgehammer

Also, I STILL haven’t gotten over “What the future holds”, I have to give it my highest honour for an uptempo song: A Titanic Tit-Tearer :o

A little aggrieved at the Love’s Got a Hold on my Heart tease not coming to anything, that comeback was almost more than my gay little heart could take.

And no Heartbeat?!

That’s a pretty bloody good megamix and video, talking about striking it right for a GH package.

Great tracklists too - that’s every single I believe, plus a handful of genuinely loved album tracks/b-sides. Actually couldn’t ask for better.

That’s a pretty bloody good megamix and video, talking about striking it right for a GH package.

Great tracklists too - that’s every single I believe, plus a handful of genuinely loved album tracks/b-sides. Actually couldn’t ask for better.

Light up the World :whatami: (not undeserved)

To be fair if they had slapped the 7th Heaven remix on there I would be fine with that.

Million selling Heartbeat DEAD
I know they couldn’t really do all of them (actually why not?) CHAIN REACTION!
Story of a heart! I could’ve binned off Neon Blue for any of those

Or just a FLOAT BY like You’ll Be Sorry

I actually was thinking if any had been missed and completely forgot that one even existing. Rightfully so!
Agreed with you though - that remix could’ve taken the place of Happy (solely because we already have the title track from that album, so a second album track isn’t really needed).

I wonder whether it will be radio edits of the like of You’ll Be Sorry or if they keep the album versions?

I actually was thinking if any had been missed and completely forgot that one even existing. Rightfully so!
Agreed with you though - that remix could’ve taken the place of Happy (solely because we already have the title track from that album, so a second album track isn’t really needed).

I wonder whether it will be radio edits of the like of You’ll Be Sorry or if they keep the album versions?

Sorry I misread you talking about the album tracklist instead of the megamix!

Million selling Heartbeat DEAD
I know they couldn’t really do all of them (actually why not?) CHAIN REACTION!
Story of a heart! I could’ve binned off Neon Blue for any of those

Or just a FLOAT BY like You’ll Be Sorry

There is like 35 singles doll! But yes, Chain Reaction not getting a look in is suss.

If they do The Runner then it needs to be based on (or EXCEED) this mix or else I fear the Bananas will have them beat

Don't think I've ever heard that before

Nothing like a prolapsed anus to start a four day weekend :disco:

Btw is the Hard 2 Forget video out, or are they pulling a stunt by putting a teaser in the megamix video? If so that’s sort of fabulous

Is the young Steps cinema footage in the Megamix video, where Claire has long hair and a hairband actually new? Or was it lifted from something old and superimposed in the cinema (alongside the back row or their older selves)?

I wondered about that, was it from the Say You’ll Be Mine video? They were doing all these movie scenes so was there a cinema viewing scene there?

They got the split between standard and deluxe discs so right, there’s no filler on CD1 and nothing on CD2 that I think should’ve made the first disc instead

What a MEGA MIX :disco:

It's the kind of pop careers dreams are made of, but with that back catalogue (and THAT work ethic), it's totally DESERVED

I bet every washed up early 00s band have been on the phone to their management at some point to get a slice of the STEPS SUCCESS, thinking it would be easy. NON.

I can't imagine what they're going to leave off for the set at the Mighty Hoopla but whatever happens it's going to be GLORIOUS

ALL HAIL THE STEPS

I love that the première of Hard 2 Forget appears to be screened in a Pumpkinesque GROTTY CAFF.

2D3730A7-7351-4D95-974D-4991831692AE.jpeg

A quick search on Spotify shows only the edit was released - 99% of the time if a song isn’t on one digital platform (eg. Spotify, iTunes etc) then it isn’t on any.

A quick search on Spotify shows only the edit was released - 99% of the time if a song isn’t on one digital platform (eg. Spotify, iTunes etc) then it isn’t on any.

baffling how there are physical copies of the single with the full version included, why not rip it onto youtube :oi:

HANG ON - why the fuck is all this amazing promo happening now, and the GH isn't out until AUGUST?! How in hell is that a way to promote a GH? You don't need an extensive an methodical singles campaign, you just need "Look, Steps, they've had loads of amazing songs and here they are. BUY NOW"

They’ll be wanting to sell tickets to their summer shows no?

Because the shows will be over by August??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom