Taylor Swift - Midnights (new album out Oct. 21)

On a scale of Folklore to 1989, how listenable are we expecting this album to be? Is she still stuck in her "Real Music" phase?

On a scale of Folklore to 1989, how listenable are we expecting this album to be? Is she still stuck in her "Real Music" phase?
The front cover is giving me bad bitch character-driven Taylor. The blurb is giving me serious singer-songwriter.

So I DON'T KNOW. But I do know it's going to be brilliant because she's the best.

The front cover is giving me bad bitch character-driven Taylor. The blurb is giving me serious singer-songwriter.

So I DON'T KNOW. But I do know it's going to be brilliant because she's the best.
Well I have CONCERNS.

Also what happened to all the Taylor's versions please? I was looking forward to overanalyzing inconsequential changes.

I want Jessie Ware inspired, disco midnights.

But I doubt that’s what we’ll get here.

Reactions: LTZ
It'll run the gamut, I reckon. We'll have clubbing midnights and solitary sad midnights. But, fuck yeah, that's cheered me right up.

I think this album will represent the meeting of Tayla (Look What You Made Me Do) and Taylor (Folkore, etc).

According to The S*n, the same company (?) who spilled that Taylor Swift is already working on TS10 before Midnights was even announced, Midnights is embedded with ‘new sounds’ that will surprise her fans, and is Taylor’s ‘most collaborative album’ with up-and-coming female artists and producers.

A music insider (?) said: “Taylor is enjoying the process of tinkering with new sounds and is set to showcase a range of genres on her next album, which will surprise her fans.

“It’ll also be her most collaborative album yet and she is eager to work with up-and-coming female artists and producers.

“She recently invited some friends to write with her and the songs they came up with reminded her team of Stevie Nicks and Joan Armatrading.

“Her fans are used to hearing about her break-ups but her outlook on romance has changed since being with Joe and this will come through in the music.”

I like the idea of her making a very collaborative album. It would be a logical response to relatively contained world of folklore and evermore (Haim and The National notwithstanding). As long as other people's voices aren't strewn all over it.

I'm actually not in the mood for new Tay Tay at all right now :D I haven't played her in months (other than my weekly crime spree in the getaway car, naturellement)

I'm sure I'll be religiously stanning again by October though :eyes:

i could never get into Getaway Car. amazing verses and pre-choruses but the song's ruined by a mid chorus.

and the last chorus in a different key usually works like heaven with her (see Untouchable, willow, Mr. Perfectly Fine), but it just sounds ODD on Getaway Car.

i could never get into Getaway Car. amazing verses and pre-choruses but the song's ruined by a mid chorus.

and the last chorus in a different key usually works like heaven with her (see Untouchable, willow, Mr. Perfectly Fine), but it just sounds ODD on Getaway Car.
wow. JANCELLED.

73 joanne's opinions this fine thursday

(as you'll be aware, 73 = sad megaflop)

8CDFB05A-E958-4A79-94C6-1F019E5985DA.jpeg

Got one of the "special" folklore CDs, might do the same again here. Not much time to think it over, mind you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom