Taylor Swift - Reputation

"Pretend to be 2012 Jennifer Lawrence, that'll get people on side." - Taylor Swift's PR people.

Ya. She so desperately wants everyone to think 'Oh look, she can poke fun of herself! She's such a good sport!'

But it's all so artificial.

Delicate is perhaps my favourite on the album so that automatically makes it a bad single choice. That video is also just dreadful. How are they getting it so wrong this era?

Delicate is perhaps my favourite on the album so that automatically makes it a bad single choice. That video is also just dreadful. How are they getting it so wrong this era?

Happens when someone gets too successful - no-one around to say "no" or "how about this?".

And they make that fatal mistake of thinking that everything they put out is a guaranteed success. Entertainment by nature is so fickle. You're only as good as your last hit, which in Taylor Swift's case is unbearable to begin with.

Reminds me a lot of Gaga.

Happens when someone gets too successful - no-one around to say "no" or "how about this?".

I’m not even sure that’s the issue here - although it’s certainly not helping.

It just to me feels like she’s got such a SKEWED perception of herself based on the fact that a few people have had a dig at her since she went full-on mainstream pop. Which is really par for the course when you move into that domain.

I guess the single has had the desired effect in that I have gotten right back into the album.

07 …Ready For It?
10 End Game
06 I Did Something Bad
06 Don’t Blame Me
10 Delicate
08 Look What You Made Me Do
07 So It Goes…
06 Gorgeous
08 Getaway Car
05 King Of My Heart
10 Dancing With Our Hands Tied
07 Dress
02 This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things - "HA.HA.HA" :manson:
08 Call It What You Want
08 New Year’s Day

10 ‘…Ready For It?’
09 ‘End Game’ (feat. Ed Sheeran and Future) - I still cringe at BIG REPUTATION. BIG REPUTATION. OOOH YOU AND ME GOTTA BIG REPUTATION AAAA…. but the rest is gold.
03 ‘I Did Something Bad’ - oh my God this IS SHIT.
05 ‘Don’t Blame Me’ - if Mercy on Me aborted Take Me to Church’s baby, this is how it would have sounded. Reductive.
09 ‘Delicate’ ISN’T IT? ISN’T IT? ISN’T? ISN’T IT? ISN’T IT? ISN’T IT/ ISN’T IT? ISN’T IT? (08 before the video)
11 ‘Look What You Made Me Do’ - QUEEN!
05 ‘So It Goes…’ - this is something Rihanna would have KILLED for back in 2009.
09 ‘Gorgeous
05 'Getaway Car’ - overrated af.
06 ‘King Of My Heart’
08 ‘Dancing With Our Hands Tied’ - something like this could revive Nelly Furtado’s career. :(
04 ‘Dress’ - no.
06 ‘This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things’
09 ‘Call It What You Want’
05 ‘New Year’s Day’- mess at queens calling this an ace closer. #revisitGloryplz

1989 8.0
RED 7.9
reputation. 7.0

I don’t know ha white alberms.

Still a considerable drop from 1989, and her self-referencing tropes have been that much more unbearable as of late but still a good album for what it's worth

09 …Ready For It?
09 End Game
06 I Did Something Bad
06 Don’t Blame Me
08 Delicate
04 Look What You Made Me Do
09 So It Goes…
07 Gorgeous
07 Getaway Car
05 King Of My Heart
07 Dancing With Our Hands Tied
07 Dress
04 This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things
09 Call It What You Want
06 New Year’s Day

i like the new song but she is truly smashing the awfulmeter.

At the moment I just feel like she can’t really hack being a pop star and she should probably go back to country where it’s a little less hostile.

A stripped-down acoustic album would be a good move for her actually. An "Unplugged" with a couple of new songs. Like hitting the reset button in a way.

not that i know more than 10 of her songs but i'm ready to rule delicate is my second favourite of hers now after style and just before blank space.

Having ditched the album after a couple of plays, the release of "Delicate" has re-piqued my interest. It's not quite at the level of "Style" or "Blank Space", but it's really very good nonetheless.

It was released as a single wasn't it?

yes but bitch did ZERO promo for it hence breaking her Billboard #1 stride
apparently it was about harry styles (zomg!!!) and she was over it by the time it became a single so she disowned it

Style wasn't a huge hit because it simply isn't as good as what came before or after. It's an underbaked song. She should've released Out of the Woods instead.

Er, "Style" is fantastic :oi:

By the time it gets to the glorious chorus modulations and adlibs at the end, I'm in TAYLOR HEAVEN

I've got no interest at all in Harry Styles (though he was actually QUITE GOOD in Dunkirk) but that doesn't make this song any less CORKING

You've got that
JAMES DEAN
DAY DREAM
LOOK in your EYES
And I've got that
RED LIPPED
CLASSIC
Thing that you LIKE

1989 really is WALL to WALL absolute BANGERZ :disco:

I've got no interest at all in Harry Styles (though he was actually QUITE GOOD in Dunkirk) but that doesn't make this song any less CORKING

You've got that
JAMES DEAN
DAY DREAM
LOOK in your EYES
And I've got that
RED LIPPED
CLASSIC
Thing that you LIKE

1989 really is WALL to WALL absolute BANGERZ :disco:
But is Style actually about Harry Styles? Out of the Woods is the one referencing him innit? (also the best song of her career)

Style didn’t stand much of a chance did it? Wasn’t it not available on streaming at the time? And with no promo and not an event video it wasn’t going to rule the charts.

She has never performed Style other than during her 1989 Tour. It wouldn't surprise me if this bitch DITCHES it on her next tour and forgets about it forever.

God "Delicate" doesn't ever stop growing does it? :disco:

Yeah I WAAAAAAAAAAANT YOOOOUUUUUUUUU

ISN'T IT ISN'T IT?

Lovely acoustic version of it on the BBC Biggest Weekend coverage as well.

I mean we all knew she wasn't the greatest singer but the combo of her NOX (drowned out under backing traxx & three backing singers BIEN SUR). And enough with that trademark red lipstick already, it's tired.

Her hair looked nice though.

Last edited:
I only saw the Gorgeous perf at R1 but thought that was QUITE GOOD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom