Taylor Swift - Speak Now (Taylor’s version) - out 7th of July 2023

That means tomorrow we* get NEW TAYLOR, NEW PJ HARVEY, AND NEW ANOHNI AND THE JOHNSONS!!!!

giphy.gif

*questionable

And for those of us gays who aren't edgy or goth-infused, that means tomorrow we get NEW TAYLOR.

Last edited:
So pumped for 'Better Than Revenge' (Taylor's Version) (Ten Minute Version) (Extra Problematic Version) I might DIE

Also I hope John Mayer has found a suitable BUNKER to hide in somewhere in his SAD EMPTY TOWN for the next two weeks.

Anyway

She’s not a SAINT and she’s not what you think
She’s an ACTRESS
He was a moth to the flame
She was holding the MATCHES

:brooklyn:

the first listen of the re-records is ALWAYS an uncanny experience. :D

Some lesser artists might have tried to RE-WRITE HISTORY by laying down decent vocals, but I appreciate Taylor's artistic integrity is too great for that.

Some lesser artists might have tried to RE-WRITE HISTORY by laying down decent vocals, but I appreciate Taylor's artistic integrity is too great for that.
Mean (Taylor's Version)

I think “I Can See You” is my favourite Vault track on first listen

Some of these re-recordings are FAILING to PACK A PUNCH :(

The production on Sparks Fly and The Story Of Us is so BLAND and BEIGE. WTF TAYLOR!

I'm still debating over Enchanted, she's struggling to hit those hight notes in the chorus.

I've listened to the whole thing about 4 times already and my general consensus would be "I didn't ask for this".

Was it really necessary to bring forward those corny ass male background vocals on Mine? I hope I forgive her by my 17th listen :)

United States Apple Music Top Songs | 13:02 EDT

2 NEW Taylor Swift - Mine (Taylor's Version)
5 NEW Taylor Swift - Back To December (Taylor's Version)
7 NEW Taylor Swift - Sparks Fly (Taylor’s Version)
8 NEW Taylor Swift - Dear John (Taylor's Version)
9 NEW Taylor Swift - Better Than Revenge (Taylor's Version)
10 NEW Taylor Swift - Enchanted (Taylor's Version)
11 NEW Taylor Swift - Speak Now (Taylor's Version)
12 NEW Taylor Swift - Electric Touch (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault) [feat. Fall Out Boy]
14 NEW Taylor Swift - When Emma Falls in Love (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault)
15 NEW Taylor Swift - I Can See You (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault)
16 NEW Taylor Swift - Mean (Taylor's Version)
18 NEW Taylor Swift - Castles Crumbling (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault) [feat. Hayley Williams]
22 NEW Taylor Swift - The Story Of Us (Taylor's Version)
27 NEW Taylor Swift - Foolish One (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault)
29 NEW Taylor Swift - Timeless (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault)
30 NEW Taylor Swift - Haunted (Taylor's Version)
31 NEW Taylor Swift - Never Grow Up (Taylor's Version)
34 NEW Taylor Swift - Last Kiss (Taylor's Version)
39 NEW Taylor Swift - Long Live (Taylor's Version)
50 NEW Taylor Swift - Innocent (Taylor's Version)
60 NEW Taylor Swift - Ours (Taylor’s Version)
68 NEW Taylor Swift - Superman (Taylor’s Version)

I think Enchanted will end up being the top song

i honestly never stanned Tay pre-reputa because her voice was too screechy and country for me. so the re-recordings are low-key fixing her older albums.

I Can See You is the best music video she's released From The Vault. the ending brought a tear to my eye. her fighting for her music is so inspirational.

"I Can See You" is so good. And at 4:55 in the video you can see an easter egg for 1989 TV (sign above bridge says 1989 TV) so that must be next :cry:

Global streams break down from ATRL:

Screenshot_2023-07-08_at_15.png

She has 22/23 of the top 23 in the US. Olivia is the only non Taylor track.

biggest Spotify debuts overall:

1. Midnights - 186m
2. Certified Lover Boy - 154.9m
3. Un Verano Sin Ti - 146.4m
4. Scorpion - 132.4m
5. Speak Now (Taylor's Version) - 126.3m

biggest Spotify female debuts:

1. Midnights - 186m
2. Speak Now (Taylor's Version) - 126.3m
3. Red (Taylor's Version) - 90.8m
4. folklore 80.6m
5. evermore 70m

Speak Now is good (and not more than that, honestly) but I Can See You is KILLER! I think I like it better than everything on the og tracklist. great song.

"I Can See You" is so good. And at 4:55 in the video you can see an easter egg for 1989 TV (sign above bridge says 1989 TV) so that must be next :cry:

Taylor is so hot in this :horny:

1+9+8+9=27

She recorded Reputation when she was 27

Reputation (Taylor's Version) coming soon :disco:

“I Can See You” — Spotify Update:

WW: #4 — (+4) [+4,697,954 plays] *New Peak*

US: #1 — (+3) [+2,081,726 plays] *New Peak*

UK: #7 — (+3) [+264,005 plays] *New Peak*

First week US projection from HITS:

The 22-track set, including six new releases from Swift's vault, should debut in the 650-700k range. Speak Now (TV) is on pace for 300m+ streams in its opening week.

Taylor Swift – Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) [Republic] 650-700k

I feel like the original recordings have a lot more character than the new versions. Her voice is so much more expressive on 'Enchanted' and 'Mean' (Scooter's Version), and for such a wide-eyed and earnest album, the remake really feels lacking because of it.

i've let some thoughts sink in while delving into SN (TV). the re-records will never deliver angsty 18 year old girl vocals, it's the grown evermore woman re-telling her old stories and reclaiming her work from industry disruptors and soul deconstructors. Taylor knows we will be re-visiting her old tracks, because you will never be able to replicate the raw young punchy vocals in WANGBT or State of Grace. note how she pauses in the end of the I Can See You video before getting in the van and sadly stares at the Speak Now museum while Joe King and Taylor Lautner scream at her "get in!". the original versions will forever hold a dear place in her and the Swifies' hearts. the re-recordings are nothing more than a genius way to regain full control of her older diaries and writings. up until the moment she re-releases her albums she has to get an approval from Scooter Braun (whom she loathes) to use her music in commercials. it's also really devastating how in the ICSY video she (SN Taylor) is trapped in a vault and drawing a line on the wall every day counting the days she will be set free and run away.

it makes perfect sense that she's the biggest female artist since Madonna. not only is she a brilliant songwriter with a captivating voice, beautiful face, horrid relatable posture and an annoying pathological people pleasure, she's also a SNAKE that will literally KILL anyone who tries to f with her or her bag.

I'm guessing you had to be there first time around with this album, because I'm finding it an almighty slog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom