The Charles III Years + cancer diagnosis

Oh we do, we're BRITS. It's our birthright that we wish our sovereigns dead for the bank holiday.

@RJN however is American so he just wants a poor old man to die for no reason.
I’m sorry that I’m an amazing person who wants my friends to get a day off work

So Charles is going to essential oil his way out of cancer?

Enjoying that we have a Paddington picture before he's even in the GROUND. He's literally leading Charles to the AFTERLIFE :horny:

1000052933.jpg

Why do they call him 'Brian'?

Also, they seem to be implying that Kate is properly ill too.

Marina Hyde's column on the Kate saga is some of the best witting I've seen in ages. she gets it

Yet we live in an age where the royal family’s chief challenge is itself. All its crises come from within – deaths, divorces, diseases, decampings to America. The trouble for the royals, ultimately, is that you need those diehard fans to be on your side. The base must be rallied. As Queen Elizabeth II famously put it: “I have to be seen to be believed.” Perhaps the monarchy will end up considering the wisdom of slimming itself down to the point it might almost provoke one of those other classic headline templates of intrusive fake concern: “Fears for painfully thin royal family – pals say its health drive has gone too far.” In the meantime, could someone please urgently substitute Prince Andrew, or sell him to the Saudis in the transfer window?

Why do they call him 'Brian'?

Also, they seem to be implying that Kate is properly ill too.
It’s based on Private Eye’s send up of the documentary of the royals (called the Royal
Family) commissioned by the Queen in the 1960s. Private Eye treated it like a soap opera so gave them all soap opera names. The Queen became Brenda, Charles is Brian, Margaret was Yvonne and it has stuck ever since.

The King would normally be out and about handing out money on Maundy Thursday. Likely a replacement for that as he’s avoiding crowds.

The King would normally be out and about handing out money on Maundy Thursday. Likely a replacement for that as he’s avoiding crowds.

He is attending an Easter church service at Windsor so not actively avoiding crowds.

Yes. Sorry, I had a typo in my post.

I assume he'll be socially distancing given that he is immunocompromised.

He's not allowed to croak until we've had another 10 or so years out of him. Too expensive for the whole burial/coronation fandango.

Thought this article was interesting; a more sympathetic and generous version of how I feel about the royals, and in particular their right to privacy/normality.

Reactions: GNL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom