• Total voters

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not sure what it's called?

Anyway here's a poster

FeOxxTFWQAIDEIu

Have we had much discussion of the 1993 Super Mario Bros movie on Moopy before? It's such a fascinating mess and extremely camp in so many ways, I'd love to do a sync watch of it.

YES PLEASE

Have we had much discussion of the 1993 Super Mario Bros movie on Moopy before? It's such a fascinating mess and extremely camp in so many ways, I'd love to do a sync watch of it.
I've never actually seen it, but see it's on Prime right now!

No sorry it's as weird as they predicted to see Mario not being Italian.

Reactions: COB
I think it's a bit weird that he doesn't quite look like he ALWAYS LOOKS and the voice is shite

WTF where’s the accent?

Chris Pratt is the worst.

I'd rather he was voiced by Charles Martinez, maybe if we complain hard enough they can edit it like they did with Sonic.

Could he be going for a BIT of a New York Italian type accent? I think I got a hint of it from the trailer. Mario voice aside it actually looks fun! Bowser the dom daddy of everyone's dreams as ever, of course.

I also hate the fact that he's all "WHAT IS THIS PLACE????" like fuck off, you've been hopping around it for 40 years

Charles Martinet's Mario voice would get old really quickly in a feature length movie, I think.

Reactions: dUb
HOWEVER I DO THINK IT COULD BE GOOD

I also hate the fact that he's all "WHAT IS THIS PLACE????" like fuck off, you've been hopping around it for 40 years
According to leaks the plot involves Mario coming from the 'real world' (where he works as a plumber and has tangled with Donkey Kong) to the Mushroom Kingdom, so this would be his first time there :o

• Wow
The penguins being really similar in design to the Mario 64 penguins is a cute touch.

I can't with @dUb on the moopy movie judging panel

Can we swap him with Louis Walsh or something?

• Wow
Let's discuss at your place in mid-May tbc

According to leaks the plot involves Mario coming from the 'real world' (where he works as a plumber and has tangled with Donkey Kong) to the Mushroom Kingdom, so this would be his first time there :o

I hope live-action Mario is played by John Leguizamo, for the lols.

Oh surely it's the cartoon 'real world' :D

Did I miss this? I never saw it in that trailer!

The 2-minute teaser trailer mostly focuses on the iconic villain Bowser, voiced by Jack Black, while giving us a small appearance from Mario himself, voiced by Chris Pratt.

At the tail end of the trailer, Luigi (Charlie Day) makes an appearance courtesy of a spooky chase sequence that looks like it was ripped straight out of Luigi’s Mansion!

Well I smiled at two jokes in the trailer but I l’m the type of person to be on my phone when watching something so it’s probably right up my street 👀

The koopas looked so cute, but I hope Kamek isn't in it too much because I've always found him really annoying :tongueout:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom