The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've not been invited. But I've asked twice at my local pharmacy which is where the NHS website directs me. First time they were awaiting a supply, second I was told they are only doing over 60s at present.

This was the first year I've been invited to have the flu jab. I've a feeling it's because earlier in the year I registered my occupation with my GP when I was trying to get the first covid vaccine. I assume they have it on file now.

How have people fared catching covid after 2 vaccines? I got covid last Tuesday and I honestly didn’t think it would be as bad as this. I seem to have every symptom apart from the breathlessness, it’s almost like I’ve got flu and covid at the same time :(

Things like lungs full of mucus don’t seem particularly “covid” to me but here we are.

Perhaps you have been unlucky and got both, there's a lot of cold going round. For me personally it was very mild, I've had a cold the past two weeks and that's been much worse for me than covid was after two jabs.

Wish you better soon x

Moderna booster done today, they were taking walk-ins over 18 already and the army were in helping

Sore arm, but I think mostly because army lady was very "no messing about" in stabbing me with it! Bloody hurt :D
Most efficient I've ever seen the jabs, bish bash bosh in about 30 seconds of checking my records. Only the 15 minute wait at the end

Also I know a friend of a friend who was triple jabbed and still got it really bad with difficulty breathing etc. Breakthroughs happen... stay safe

Reactions: COB
Moderna update: it didn't stay mild :D 12 or so hours later the shivers kicked in and I didn't get a wink of sleep. Still suffering it now plus headache, muscle aches etc.

Definitely one to try and make sure you have a day off afterwards just in case, but that goes for all the jabs really!

Moderna update: it didn't stay mild :D 12 or so hours later the shivers kicked in and I didn't get a wink of sleep. Still suffering it now plus headache, muscle aches etc.

Definitely one to try and make sure you have a day off afterwards just in case, but that goes for all the jabs really!
I was the same on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Really rough side effects but they did go as quickly as they came. Just generally felt like I had a mild hangover all day yesterday.

This is exactly what happened to me. Pretty much fine all day, but when I went to bed suddenly started shivering. I had the portable heater on, multiple duvets and sheets and was clinging to @COB for dear life and still couldn't feel warm.

Same!!!

I felt fine yesterday (I got my vaccine around 1 pm). I started feeling sick trying to fall asleep and now I feel achy and my throat hurts? Also I was congested last night, but I couldn’t roll over since it hurt my arm too much :D I called out of work sick today. I hope we both feel better tomorrow

I think I'm OKAY, but I've felt a bit groggy all day so I decided to leave work at lunchtime - will probably have a bit of a nap when I get home, hopefully this is the worst I get (I didn't have any side effects with my first two apart from feeling a bit tired like this, so fingers crossed).

Has anyone reacted to their flu jab?

I don’t usually but I’m a bit worried about having had it (today) so close to having covid, even though science says there’s no link.

Not that I’m expect it anything bad, but having spent most of November in bed I’m kinda done with fevers and weakness and stuff and I’m quite enjoying being well atthemomentthankyouverymuch

I don’t usually but I’m a bit worried about having had it (today) so close to having covid, even though science says there’s no link.

Not that I’m expect it anything bad, but having spent most of November in bed I’m kinda done with fevers and weakness and stuff and I’m quite enjoying being well atthemomentthankyouverymuch
No reaction to the flu jab. Not even much of an achey arm. That's compared to feeling absolutely rotten after dose 1 of covid jab (AZ) and dose 3 (Pfizer), same symptoms as everyone above really.

Not looking forward to my booster because I seem to be following the pattern, I was rough for the first and fine for the second.

I was rough for the first and second, but 28 hours into the booster I've nothing but a sore arm. I wonder if having some antibodies from covid is making the effect less

Same!!!

I felt fine yesterday (I got my vaccine around 1 pm). I started feeling sick trying to fall asleep and now I feel achy and my throat hurts? Also I was congested last night, but I couldn’t roll over since it hurt my arm too much :D I called out of work sick today. I hope we both feel better tomorrow
I got nothing from my MDNA 😩 did it not work? 😢

• Care
Reactions: RJN
Same!!!

Good luck to us! Yeah that sucked, I tend to roll over from one side to the other and my left arm was too sore, it was bothersome!
Oh another thing is still having an appetite, but feeling a bit sick when eating.

I dragged myself into work and sat thinking "this sucks" all morning then scarpered at lunchtime (albeit on holiday as our place don't do sick pay generally). Slept pretty much straight for the next 7 hours, so I think it was a good call. At this point I finally decided to have a painkiller (I thought you shouldn't with the jab, but reading up, it's that you shouldn't have one BEFORE the jab - if you're treating side effects afterwards then it's fine) and am left with a mild headache and mild fatigue for now. Probably sleep okay tonight and be mostly better tomorrow.

My reaction was basically identical to the first AZ, which is interesting. I wonder if it's because for the 2nd jab the antibodies were still around but for this one it's been 5 months so they'd largely buggered off, and now we get the bodily fun of building them up from scratch.

I only had an achey arm but my parents, oddly, had cold-like symptoms including being all snotted up. Maybe they just caught a cold at the same time though. (Negative LFTs)

I was rough for the first and second, but 28 hours into the booster I've nothing but a sore arm. I wonder if having some antibodies from covid is making the effect less
I’ve heard that the opposite is more likely to be true, so you’ve clearly been fortunate this time around - hope it continues!

The earliest I could get an appointment for my booster is 15th January. :shock:

Some drop-in clinics here are listed as rolling out the booster, while others aren't. And some of the ones that are, are turning people away. Since the closest drop-in clinic to me is about 90 minutes away, I think I'll be sticking with my appointment.

I've just booked mine for the 29th of January at night hoping some of the early bookers will cancel theirs and I can reschedule.
Last week there were so many available ones on earlier dates and hours and now there's nothing :angry:

Going for mine today. Mrs. Indie had hers yesterday and got the shivers etc, meaning my night's sleep is already pretty disturbed. I'm not looking forward to tonight.

• Care
Reactions: COB
Going for mine today. Mrs. Indie had hers yesterday and got the shivers etc, meaning my night's sleep is already pretty disturbed. I'm not looking forward to tonight.
Is it possible that she saw a ghost, which was the sight that she feared most, and that was why she got the shivers, rather than anything to do with the booster?

FB_IMG_1639484344174.jpg

I'm all good now thankfully! It was tricky getting to sleep last night while I was feeling feverish, but it seemed to have totally passed when I woke up this morning :disco:

I'm fine today finally!

Getting yesterday afternoon off was a good call. I slept most of the day, had a few hours awake then a full nights sleep on top. Woke up fresh as a daisy. Arm still slightly tender but I could sleep on it again

Not sure if 3 Moderna's or an emoji!

Erm, oddly had a resurgence of side effects? Feeling a bit bluh again, a bit fatigued, mildly "too warm but cold". Negative LFT, for what it's worth. *shrug*

I had a weird thing last week where I got all SHIVERY and headachey for a couple of hours. It was exactly 2 weeks after the booster. Is that a thing? I tested negative on lateral flows and I've been fine since. I think I remember people reporting after the first jab they got a recurrence of side effects two weeks later - and it was my first Pfizer after 2 AZs, so I do wonder if it was a late side effect

I had a weird thing last week where I got all SHIVERY and headachey for a couple of hours. It was exactly 2 weeks after the booster. Is that a thing? I tested negative on lateral flows and I've been fine since. I think I remember people reporting after the first jab they got a recurrence of side effects two weeks later - and it was my first Pfizer after 2 AZs, so I do wonder if it was a late side effect
I got a day of extreme tiredness where I struggled to get on my feet quite a while after my 1 Pfizer shot, and i do think it was two weeks afterwards indeed.

Interesting!

Well I'm feeling well again, for now... somewhat tired but with good reason (slept in VR as a bit of a one off to help comfort a friend. I do not find it comfortable myself)

Interesting!

Well I'm feeling well again, for now... somewhat tired but with good reason (slept in VR as a bit of a one off to help comfort a friend. I do not find it comfortable myself)
So if you’re sleeping in VR, can lots of people watch you? Or just your friend? And can they all hear if you snore or sleep talk or make any other noises?

So if you’re sleeping in VR, can lots of people watch you? Or just your friend? And can they all hear if you snore or sleep talk or make any other noises?
Depends if you're in a public (not a good idea unless you're a heavy sleeper and can sleep through some kid screaming at you to wake up) or a private instance, whether your friend / others choose to mute you or tweak your volume down (or up!) and whether you choose to mute yourself

Those who find it comforting seem to get that from being able to hear each other's breathing snoring etc and just don't like the real world scenario of sleeping alone. And when they wake up briefly they like to see your avatar snuggled up to them so they don't feel alone and that helps them relax and drift back off.

Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom