United Kingdom 2022: Sam Ryder - SPACE MAN

WHADDYA THINK?

• Total voters
:D It was EXACTLY the same

Four? DIE NOW!
This is so true. Even my mother who was previously of that ‘oh it’s all political!’ persuasion and hadn’t watched in years until I messaged her to tell her we were winning was suddenly ‘Four points? How dare they!’ :oi:

Are any other Eurovision songs still in the chart?

That Spain song was in the U.K. 100 update, not sure if it made the final chart but that suggests the start of a crossover if it climbed into the main chart the second week after the live show

That Spain song was in the U.K. 100 update, not sure if it made the final chart but that suggests the start of a crossover if it climbed into the main chart the second week after the live show
It was #56 last week and fell out this week.

Slo Mo feels like the crossover / breakout hit (although Sam seems to be doing well in a few markets) - I do wonder how many people listen to the studio version and find it relatively tepid compared to the live performance.

Last edited:
Slo Mo at feels like the crossover / breakout hit (although Sam seems to be doing well in a few markets) - I do wonder how many people listen to the studio version and find it relatively tepid compared to the live performance.
You know the Eurovision dancebreak edit was released a couple of weeks back?

You know the Eurovision dancebreak edit was released a couple of weeks back?
Yes, that’s what I am referring to. It’s good, and better than the original from BF, but even the edit feels a little lacking life compared to how well Chanel sold it live. That is still my go to.

Yes, that’s what I am referring to. It’s good, and better than the original from BF, but even the edit feels a little lacking life compared to how well Chanel sold it live. That is still my go to.
I think it's as good as it could be. You just can't capture THAT PERF without visuals :disco:

He's been #1 or #2 on itunes all week, so although I don't know how it breaks down in terms of total sales yet, but the position is certainly still heavily supported by pure sales.

Yeah he was still #1 on sales this week, though Harry did overtake him in the second half and he only sold 2,900 or something, so Sam probably only did about 4k last week. Which is good as it means his streaming is holding. He was #10 on both Apple and Spotify yesterday ignoring Harry’s ineligible tracks and Heatwaves which is on ACR.

I’d say with a slow fall like what has happened so far, and being #2 on iTunes still, he could scrape a third week top ten, or at least end up #9-#12 this week. Which is brilliant for a Eurovision song. The Jubilee performance next weekend could then help his fourth week. Just good to see unless it freefalls that you could now say this has genuinely crossed over as a chart hit.

If he manages 3 weeks in the top 10, when was the last time an Eurovision song did that? Not even Euphoria, I wonder if the last time was even this Century.

Oh wait, surely Maneskin, I don't know what I was thinking. What about UK entries? Probably Gina G, yes.
Maneskin‘s Eurovision song didn’t reach the UK top ten. I Wanna Be Your Slave and Beggin were both top ten for 3+ weeks.

I reckon she has two bank accounts of savings. One is Ooh Aah royalties. and the other is interest from rent paid by RobotBoy :disco:
She married a rich man and I'm sure her casting business which turned into a crafting business probably doesn't earn enough to tax :disco:

I imagine that his management will want to see how the album performs when it's released this November before looking at other TV options.

Albums don't really sell anything anymore so I imagine a strategy of 'the more bookings the better' can't really go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom