Weren't the Carpenters good?

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
I got DRAWN to steal Carpenters Gold off my parents .. I love her voice so much. Even something as ridiculous as 'Calling occupants of interplanetary craft' seems almost like a rational idea for a song (ALMOST).

Why do birds suddenly appear, everytime you are near?

BECAUSE YOU'VE GOT WORMS

Anyway I keep repeating Track 1 in the car (Yesterday once more) so I havent made MUCH progression into the CD, but I know some of the songs are wikkid awesome at least

They're just called "Carpenters" actually. :geek:

But yeah they were.

Im PARTIAL to a bit, though I only own a GH...and a live album i NEVER PLAY (I might have even given it to a friend :o )

She truly has the most beautiful, chocolatey velvet voice of anyone perhaps EVER

I love her voice. It's like velvet.

I've only got compilations, but about 4 of them :confused:

I only have 'Singles 1969-1973' but it's pretty essential... I don't even mind the Ticket To Ride cover. You kind of have to be in the mood for some of the more upbeat stuff but the end of side 1 is great at any time (Superstar/Rainy Days And Mondays/Goodbye To Love).

Last edited:
I LOVE Ticket To Ride.

Solitaire is the best though. She really does have the voice of heartbreak. Yesterday Once More is lovely too.

Their version 'Solitaire' was my Dad's favourite song ever :(

Strange considering that he usually loved gravelly voiced old boots like Bonnie Tyler and Tina Turner that he went for someone with a voice the complete opposite.

I think "Rainy Days And Mondays" is my absolute favourite...its LOVELY

I'd go for 'Superstar', 'This Masquerade' and 'Hurting Each Other' I think.

dUb said:
They're just called "Carpenters" actually. :geek:

But yeah they were.

but i used a small 'the' .. I'M SURE IT'S ALLOWED :angry:

ahh .. it's the heartwarming sound of MISERY, isn't it?
*says goodbye to love* :gross:

Rainy Days and Mondays is divine, Only Yesterday, All Get From Love Is A Love Song, Superstar and For All We Know are faves of mine.

Karens solo album is AMAZING !!!!!!!!

Oh i'd forgotten about 'For All We Know'. That's probably my favourite come to think of it...

Andries said:
You just wouldn't get an unashamedly mainstream act releasing something as downright POTTY as "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft" nowadays, would you?

I always thought if i was EVER to apply for say X Factor that would be my audition song!

Karen C, in my humble opinion, has an almost perfect voice.

We sang it in a primary school concert THAT'S WHY :Oi:

Is Sing the one from Sesame Street?

I have a Barbra Streisand version which interpolates it with 'Make Your Own Kind Of Music' by Mama Cass. Now THAT'S gay... :D

Dunno, but it goes 'Sing, sing a song, sing it loud, sing it strong... sing of good things not bad, sing of happy not sad...'

Kitty Kat said:
I Won't Last A Day Without You
Hurting Each Other

and the ultimate for me, Goodbye To Love.

*sobs*

oh god all of those as well...

Sild said:
Dunno, but it goes 'Sing, sing a song, sing it loud, sing it strong... sing of good things not bad, sing of happy not sad...'

That's the one!

Yeah! I would really enjoy that. Might even get my microphone out.

Oh, I'd put you all to shame.. I do a great We've Only Just Begun

I'm going to put some Carpenters on now

Mine is better than yours. At least it would be if I knew all the words.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE, The Carpenters! Karen really did have the most soothing, soft, beautiful voice that is really hard to explain in words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom