What Are You Watching? 2022

Not Sister Julienne...

I'm assuming Dr Turner will be ok... his wife writes the show and who else will do the weekly exposition filled speeches? Shame they couldn't find away to shove Turner Jr on the train.

Oh the son is AWFUL. Dr Turner should have gave him a slap when he went off on one. Indeed Dr Turners wife does write Call The Midwife so I would assume he will be with the show until it’s natural end. I think Sister Julienne is in trouble, or Nurse Corrigan will have head injuries that don’t show up until later. :(

Did anyone watch Starstruck last night? I thought it was WOEFUL. It didn’t even have the smoke and mirrors of Stars In Their Eyes.

Oh the son is AWFUL. Dr Turner should have gave him a slap when he went off on one. Indeed Dr Turners wife does write Call The Midwife so I would assume he will be with the show until it’s natural end. I think Sister Julienne is in trouble, or Nurse Corrigan will have head injuries that don’t show up until later. :(

So no one died in their big disaster... I think Midwife has maybe got a bit softer in the last couple of series. Hopefully next series they will bring in another midwife to live in Nonnatus House and have Turner junior away at university the whole time.

I've just started Vikings: Varhalla. Quite taken with Harald Hardrada, he is the dead gay from Victoria with a beard (and a man bun).

On Netflix, Downfall: The Case Against Boeing.

Intriguing and infuriating in equal measure. The :shock: emoji summed it up pretty well.

I can’t believe Ozark, Peaky Blinders, Killing Eve and Walking Dead have all come back within a couple of weeks of each other. I don’t have time for all this television! :o

All final seasons though so I’m hoping for some satisfying conclusions.

Started Ozark, as good as ever, hope they end on a high.

Walking Dead is just more of the same but I’m hoping for some cameos and a resolution to the story, not some platform for their spin offs.

Haven’t started the others yet.

Caught 'Mood' on BBC3 last night. A bit cringe but its set very locally around Chrisp Street and was quite different to anything else on so I think i'll stick with it

I enjoyed the first part of the final season (:rolleyes:) of Ozark. Julia Garner is such a force of nature and loving Laura Linney as Wendy getting more unhinged.The opening episode if Peaky Blinders was good too, though the loss of Helen McCrory unsurprisingly cast a bit of a shadow.

I'm only 3 eps into Ozark final season but Laura Linney slowly losing the plot is a joy. She's absolutely diabolical. I also love Jason Bateman's useless, snivelling, pretend-it's-all-not-happening manchild. When he held back a proud smile in discovering his 13 year old son had built his own money laundering software was such a MOMENT.

I don't know how they're going to wrap up SO MUCH outstanding storyline in The Walking Dead in a few episodes and I'm already worried and preparing for a massive letdown.

I noticed At Home with the Braithwaites is on the itv hub, i've been rewatching but it doesn't seem as great as I remember it. It drags on a bit and nothing much happens but still quite funny in places and watchable

I've finished all of Hi-de-Hi and Grange Hill on BritBox, so now am watching Vera, which I don't think I started until series 8.

At least the wait for the second part of the final season of Ozark isn't too long.. end of April. That's better than some of these ridiculously split seasons.

I noticed At Home with the Braithwaites is on the itv hub, i've been rewatching but it doesn't seem as great as I remember it. It drags on a bit and nothing much happens but still quite funny in places and watchable

I liked that, but I think it was 'of its time' - easy weekly watching for when it was on

Excited for The Witchfinder tonight and not JUST because I'm obsessed with Tim Key at the moment. OK mostly because I'm obsessed with Tim Key at the moment. HAVE I MENTIONED I LOVE HIM. TIM KEY!

Glad Interior Design Masters with Alan Carr is back. Always a pleasant bit of nonsense for a 9pm weekday. It reminds me of how absurd The Apprentice is but somehow isn’t as absurd.

Alan Carr waltzes in with some pre-scripted lines that don’t work on Drag Race, no one sticks to the brief, and there’s only a few actual good ones.

The “boardroom” at the end where they have to quickly throw someone else under a bus is somehow worse than The Apprentice because it’s all without the panto as Michelle casually leans on a desk telling you no one’s in trouble here but you better have a good god damn reason why those curtains were too short!!

Excited for The Witchfinder tonight and not JUST because I'm obsessed with Tim Key at the moment. OK mostly because I'm obsessed with Tim Key at the moment. HAVE I MENTIONED I LOVE HIM. TIM KEY!

I watched the first episode last night. The premise has promise and it has winning leads on its side but I don't think it was especially funny unfortunately.

This sounds interesting, starting in a couple of weeks

The BBC has acquired the brand new short-form comedy-drama Cheaters, from Clerkenwell Films, the makers of The End of the F***ing World, Misfits, Lovesick and The Dig.

An eighteen-episode story told in ten-minute chapters, Cheaters is a sexy, messy, comedy-drama about morality and monogamy, and everything in between.

The series is written and created by breakout writer Oliver Lyttelton (The Listener), directed by Elliot Hegarty (Ted Lasso, Lovesick) and produced by Alex Walsh-Taylor (In The Long Run, Lovesick).

Cheaters tells the story of a chance meeting after a cancelled flight that leads to an unlikely night of drunken airport-hotel sex between two strangers in their late twenties, Fola and Josh. The next morning, as they rush to make the rescheduled flight, both admit they are with other people – Fola is married to Zack, and Josh is in a long term relationship with Esther. After arguing at the airport and ignoring each other on the plane, they finally agree their night of passion was a mistake and go their separate ways. But as Josh gets off at the bus stop next to his flat, he’s horrified to see Fola pulling up in a taxi across the road and heading into the house she has just bought. Josh and Fola are going to be neighbours. And to make life more complicated, Esther and Zack are keen to be friends.

The series stars Susan Wokoma (Enola Holmes, Truth Seekers) as Fola and Joshua McGuire (Industry, The Duke) as Josh. Callie Cooke (Rules of the Game, Britannia) plays Esther, and Jack Fox (Sanditon, Riviera) plays the role of Zack. Further cast includes Andrea Valls (Waffle the Wonder Dog), Shiloh Coke (Pirates) and Jay Lycurgo (Titans).

Cheaters (18x10’) is produced by Clerkenwell Films, which is a wholly owned BBC Studios indie production partner. The series was both commissioned and funded by BBC Studios and leading producer and financier Anton as part of a long-term development deal. Murray Ferguson, Petra Fried, Emily Harrison and Matt Jarvis are the Executive Producers for Clerkenwell Films, Caroline Stone is Executive Producer for BBC Studios and Sebastien Raybaud is Executive Producer for Anton. Cheaters was acquired for BBC One and BBC iPlayer by Piers Wenger, Director of BBC Drama. BBC Studios is distributing the series internationally.

Cheaters starts on Tuesday 8 February at 9.45pm on BBC One, and all episodes will be available as a boxset on BBC iPlayer.

Finished watching this the other night. I rather enjoyed, and the short form episodes were very convenient. Always slightly disturbing to find Laurence Fox's brother sympathetic and quite attractive though.

Finsished Mood and really quite liked it, bit of a damp squib of an ending but I wonder if there are legs for a second series

Finished watching this the other night. I rather enjoyed, and the short form episodes were very convenient. Always slightly disturbing to find Laurence Fox's brother sympathetic and quite attractive though.
I binged this. Not bad. The ending was a bit unsatisfying, but I guess it's open for another series.

Pieces of Her. I have lost count of the guffaws at the daughter.

The bandaged gammy hand on the guy's back whilst shagging :D

I'm not one for thinking the most important thing to note about a show is male bottoms being shown, but I think it's near the end of episode 5 where the entire series has peaked so far for me :eyes:

Holy crap at BBC2 tonight: totp - the story of 1992; 1992 biggest hits; Annie Lennox singing songs by Annie Lennox; Annie Lennox - Diva; Whitney's BBC archives; and Whitney Can I Be Me?

I was also watching Murder In Provence last night, but I could not get my head around all these characters being French, yet they spoke in English and with English accents!

Carrying on with Pieces of Me - its getting stranger. Forgot what a pleasure Queen Toni Collette is :disco:

So unsurprisingly given BBC2 had TOTP 1992, there are weekly repeats of vintage TOTP episodes and wow just wow, so I got to see Sopbie B. Hawkins crawling on the floor like the funky white bisexual she is, singing live and her small ginger backing singer looking like a sitcom sidekick, it was done live via satellite and Bob Geldoff being disgusting and deserving of a good slap, it has really set the standard for Sarah Cawood to live down to when her episodes repeat in say 2030.

Did anyone watch Our House?? Is it worth watching?

I watched the first episode and deleted the rest after they had sat on the box for a week. I did read a spoiler on the ending, but I really wasn't feeling it anyway.

I watched the first episode and deleted the rest after they had sat on the box for a week. I did read a spoiler on the ending, but I really wasn't feeling it anyway.

I’m just going on to episode 2 and am quite enjoying it. I don’t really understand where she has been and how he managed to put the house up for sale and sell it in the time she was away though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom